[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Cowboys with a Defense! Imagine that. 2015 here we come.

Cowboyz1

Are you serious? I love when a team has one good year and their homers assume that their team will get even better. The funniest part is how a lot of the same homers on the Cowboys bandwagon were the same ones saying the Cowboy had no chance of being good as long as Jerrah and Garrett were calling the shots.

The Cowboys offense played very well this year. Murray could be gone. Dez could be in jail or suspended for drugs/domestic/something crazy. Romo is getting old and could be breaking down. The offensive line was great, but chances are 1 or 2 of the 5 will get hurt or decline somehow. The defense isn't that good to begin with. There are a zillion other things that could go wrong. Dallas doesn't seem like a team so well built that they can overcome the adversities all teams get put through.

My guess is that the Cowboys were a 9-7 or 10-6 team this year and got lucky with a few extra lucky wins and an easy schedule. They only played 6 teams with winning records and got lucky by playing Seattle at their low point and playing the Colts in a game that was meaningless for them. Next year they will be playing a tougher schedule.

Lots of teams in today's NFL will have a good year every 4th or 5th year. Everything comes together. Not many teams can repeat winning years with consistency. Teams with elite quarterbacks e.g. Brady, Peyton, ARod, Brees do repeat winning with consistency. Very few other teams do. I don't want to rain on the Dallas parade (though you'd think they'd won their 3rd Super Bowl in a row by the chest thumping that their fans have been doing). You had a great year. Be happy with it. Odds are it won't be repeated.

sigh. So sick of the Cowboy fans chest thumping honda. I guess you're right, they'll suck next yr. That better?

I think the hate is deep in many because many Cowboy fans are not grounded. However, tell me a team in their division that is better? I see a window though, and it is a year they can build off of.

If you have a great running game, a lot of other things can fall into place.

you have good reason to be optimistic my friend

:brew:

1. The Eagles are not better. That gimmicky offense has trouble sustaining success which absolutely kills the defense. If they had a QB who could really scramble, they'd sustain some drives and be extremely dangerous. But with Baby Horses and/or The Chize, they are super reliant on momentum and big plays. Their ST play had a lot to do with this year's flashes of brilliance.

2. Romo is the only reason Dallas has been consistently at or above .500 for the past decade. Without him they'd have been pretty bad. I mean really, who the hell else are you realistically going to bring in that can do even half of what Romo does for that team? Romo is far far far above replacement level at QB. I wouldn't put him in the top tier at the position, but he is at the top of the next tier. Try and name the active QBs who are legitimately better than Romo and you will have a short list. Hell, I will do it for you, in no particular order: Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Ryan, Brees, Luck, P. Manning, and Wilson. An argument can be made for Eli, Stafford, and Rivers, but give me Romo over all of them. I think you're gonna find him in a majority of people's top 10's.

3. I think Dallas fans should be optimistic because the team strengths are fundamental things. OL talent, skill position talent, defensive scheme seems good. Michaelredd9 is dead on that a lot of honda can go wrong, and certainly better teams have had seasons derailed, but there is some good stuff there for boyz fans to like and for the team to build on.

• Like 2

Make no mistake, I don't expect Dallas to go win the SB next yr or win 12 games for that matter. But I see reason for optimism. And I haven't felt that way in January since....idk when

Thing is, with that o-line, Romo, and their receivers their defense doesn't have to be elite, just middle of the pack. They can get there. Hell, I think they could have been better than they were except for injuries on that side of the ball. Upper half or close to top 10 would be gravy. They are set up with a nice, multi-year window for success(based on Romo's health and aging). All you can ask for in the NFL is that kind of window and then a little luck staying healthy at key positions. I see no reason not to have high hopes.

Edited by Tripleshot

I just keep going back to what he did coming back from that injury. He's got a pretty big chip on his shoulder right now. Regardless of where AP lands, I think he's gonna be an absolute beast this year.

Edited by tazinib1

I have to agree with Tripleshot. How much of an improvement would he be over what Murray did this season? At the cost it would take to land AP, if I was Dallas I would rather spend my money elsewhere. Like defense.

• Like 1

So sick of the Cowboy fans chest thumping honda.

lol...imagine if Seahawks21 posted way more often with 2000 word essays.

You, individually, are a grounded homer.. but you're immune to it. Completely oblivious to the perception of how Cowboy homerism is received by non Cowboy homers.

• Like 2