[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeremy Maclin to sign with Kansas City

bud29

Its just a rumor lol itd be Foles and alot of picks presumably. There were the same rumblings about McCoy being traded and the eagles looking at ingram/gore and chasing maxwell and mccourty so they could trade a bunch of picks for mariota. Reddit and twitter are weird places. Anyways it wouldn't be surprising at this point and I agree they don't have enough to pull the first and evans off. I also didnt think Mccoy would get traded or they'd let Maclin get away.

Horrible....alex smith won't know what to do. This kills maclin for fantasy.

agreed. I hope Maclin doesn't plan on running any routes over 9 yds..

terrible decision by all 3 parties. Reid won't know what to do with him

Its just a rumor lol itd be Foles and alot of picks presumably. There were the same rumblings about McCoy being traded and the eagles looking at ingram/gore and chasing maxwell and mccourty so they could trade a bunch of picks for mariota. Reddit and twitter are weird places. Anyways it wouldn't be surprising at this point and I agree they don't have enough to pull the first and evans off. I also didnt think Mccoy would get traded or they'd let Maclin get away.

garbage rumors. They don't have enough to get the #1 and Evans.

More likely is they move up high enough for Mariota but no way TB moves that far down AND gives away Evans

This last year:

20+ yard receptions

Maclin: 21

Chiefs WRs: 19

Receiving Yards

Maclin: 1,318

Chiefs WRs: 1,588

Receiving TDs

Maclin: 10

Chiefs WRs: 0

Maclin is a great fit for Reid's system, and even though he probably won't go for 1300-10 again this season, I think this signing will definitely improve the Chiefs' offense. Not a good signing for the FF world, but a solid 'real football' solution to one of KC's biggest deficiencies on offense IMO.

This last year:

20+ yard receptions

Receiving Yards

Receiving TDs

Maclin is a great fit for Reid's system, and even though he probably won't go for 1300-10 again this season, I think this signing will definitely improve the Chiefs' offense. Not a good signing for the FF world, but a solid 'real football' solution to one of KC's biggest deficiencies on offense IMO.

I agree 100%. I think the Eagles are dying to get Mariota.

He used to play for Reid

I know I'm an Eagles fan. Reid likes to use his best players as decoys. Actually he used Maclin as a possession receiver in Philly. I'm sure he'll have Smith throw 6 yard outs and bubble screens to him

This last year:

20+ yard receptions

Receiving Yards

Receiving TDs

True, but Alex Smith wasn't ever the QB in Philly. It's the QB, not Reid's system, that will limit Maclin in KC.

True, but Alex Smith wasn't ever the QB in Philly. It's the QB, not Reid's system, that will limit Maclin in KC.

Methinks the OL will play a role in his limitation as well - not only did KC lack a solid vertical threat last year, but Smith was under constant duress and did not have time to let vertical routes develop. He was sacked 45 times last season, 4th highest in the league. Smith is obviously not a deep-ball guy, but that constant pressure definitely played into some of the quick dump-offs and short passes last season.

We now have a good homerun threat in Maclin, but the OL is still pretty poor (and just got worse with the departure of Hudson to Oakland). KC figures to have several compensatory picks in the draft this year, and rebuilding the line should be their #1 priority.

I think this is right - Alex Smith is truly awful as a QB in that environment and system. As a fan of football - not the Chiefs necessarily - this guy has been really painful to watch in KC.

I think this is right - Alex Smith is truly awful as a QB in that environment and system. As a fan of football - not the Chiefs necessarily - this guy has been really painful to watch in KC.

And believe me, I'm not a huge fan of Smith - but when you've had to deal with the likes of Matt Cassel, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, and Tyler Palko under center for the last several years, you take what you can get. :lol:

That being said, I would not be averse to KC letting Smith walk if he really presses for a big contract extension. I've seen some reports saying that he wants "Cutler money." :weird:

Kansas City wide receivers have ranked #32 in fantasy points for the last three straight years. That's pretty remarkable. While Maclin would be a positive difference, that may mean they rise to #31 or #30. Dwayne Bowe went 72-1162-15 in 2010 and 81-1159-54 in 2011 before the Chiefs WR were ignored. Bowe is only 31 now - he was 28 three years ago when it all fell apart and the last three years should have been his prime.

Not liking what this does to Maclin. How could anyone?

Methinks the OL will play a role in his limitation as well - not only did KC lack a solid vertical threat last year, but Smith was under constant duress and did not have time to let vertical routes develop. He was sacked 45 times last season, 4th highest in the league. Smith is obviously not a deep-ball guy, but that constant pressure definitely played into some of the quick dump-offs and short passes last season.

We now have a good homerun threat in Maclin, but the OL is still pretty poor (and just got worse with the departure of Hudson to Oakland). KC figures to have several compensatory picks in the draft this year, and rebuilding the line should be their #1 priority.

eh...I remember seeing guys open down field more than a few times last yr and he checked it down jnstead