[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Murrays replacement

And people say I have a problem with sarcasm. I think Cowboyz1 is still in a deep dark depression about losing Murray to the Eagles. He'll be better by the draft.

Murray shmurry. I just feel like the guy let us down. There seems to be a dark cloud over everything now. I mean the birds don't seem to be chirping as loudly. The sun's brightness has dimmed. I mean why does a guy who had it all, throw it all away for a few measly millions. The refs are against us. Everyone hates us and why? Because we won a lot almost two decades ago. I gotta tell ya, all this stuff has got me a little down. Randle's a fool, Dunbar is, well, Dunbar. Ryan Williams is a guy I never heard of. Now this Mansture signing business.

I use to laugh at the guy. Hoped and prayed the guys that drafted before me in my league would take the guy before me so I could have someone fall to me.

Just when things seemed to be going in the right direction, whammo, another tire blows and we're forced to pile out into the mud with one of those old widow maker jacks and put the spare on, hoping there's a tire shop close by that's reasonable.

I gotta say fellas. I'm weary. My enthusiasm ceding like that of a wet cigar. Romo in his last few years. The defense held together with duck tape and Elmers glue. Sean Lee coming back from ACL, Rolando McClain failing drug tests. Durant gone.

I don't know what's going to happen. Just seemed like yesterday my Cowboys were on the brink of a championship run. Now........we may just be on the verge of end run to a Chumpionship.

The only hope in the hands of our talent scouts and oft jinxed Jones family doing the picking. This very draft may decide the next decade of Cowboys success or failure. As the draft draws near I find myself growing more and more mindful of just how essential it is to make the right picks this year.

Do they pluck another Mo Claiborne to decisively cripple an already shaky secondary? Do they pick another Julius/Felix Jones to set our running game back another decade. I find myself fraught with fear that Jerry takes over again provoked by the pressure to get it right, and ultimately as he often has, getting it horribly wrong. I worry that Jr will cede to his fathers will and instead of forcibly ripping the card that ultimately caves in the Cowboys future from his hands in favor of the one that carries us to the cleavage of the Superbowl bosoms that we fans might bellow away between. The last few years the picks have been spot on. Yet I find myself tormented by the thoughts of watching the Commissioner walk to the podium, lift a card, lean forward and pronounce to the world, yes, yes indeed you have chosen the fumbler, the bumbler, the bugler, the stumbler, and before the final bell the bumpkin rumbler.

The coaches all collapsed in their chairs, the fans cursing, even the Commissioner grins knowing the calls he just made are sure to to collapse the franchise. A year removed from a promising run turns back towards the mediocrity of 8-8.

I don't know if I could take that. Not again. The ledge is just over there. I could wonder but a few steps raise my palms to the air and avoid the suffering of it all. You all would be rid of me. No more Cowboyz1 to mock and ridicule. I'm sure many of you would like to see me jump. Well I just might. It's that or someday you would see me kicking cans in some abandoned lot with a tattered Cowboys throw dragging some mangy mutt telling him of the good ole days. A bottle in one hand and a leash in the other.

So I wait..........for that day. My hand over heart staggering doing the Fred Sanford and calling out "I'm comin to join ya honey, my Cowboys jersey in one hand and a bottle of blue tears in the other".

• Like 1

It doesn't matter who runs behind that line. The floor, if healthy, is 1000 and 8 with a MUCH higher ceiling. Music producer Quincy Jones once said the top three things that make a hit record are the song, the song, and the song. I say the top three things that make a leading rusher are the line, the line, and the line. Randle could go off if he can curtail his kleptomania. McFadden could go for 2000 combined yards IF he could stay healthy(which he can't). And if the Boys draft Gordon, look the truck out, cause he would erase all of Murray's newly set franchise records.

Edited by Tripleshot

It doesn't matter who runs behind that line. The floor, if healthy, is 1000 and 8 with a MUCH higher ceiling. Music producer Quincy Jones once said the top three things that make a hit record are the song, the song, and the song. I say the top three things that make a leading rusher are the line, the line, and the line. Randle could go off if he can curtail his kleptomania. McFadden could go for 2000 combined yards IF he could stay healthy(which he can't). And if the Boys draft Gordon, look the truck out, cause he would erase all of Murray's newly set franchise records.

I would love to believe that. Part of me wants to. He's still young enough but has he gotten use to looking for holes that aren't there and instead of running to daylight, hesitates because he's too use to none being there. Then there is the injury stuff. The guy is a walking wound with more scare tissue then flesh. The opportunity is certainly there to run wild, has good hands and is a willing blocker. Who knows. 7 years in Oakland may just be too much to overcome. We'll see.

Agree 100%. One of my personal reservations with Gordon is that he ran behind such a dominant line in college, but if he gets drafted by the 'boys, he'll be running behind a similarly dominant line in the pros. He could put up some scary numbers in Dallas.

I think this is where Stevan Ridley comes in. He should be 100% recovered by the time mini camps start. I always thought he was a really good, not great, runner and will come cheap this year as he most likely will take a "prove it" contract.

Murray shmurry. I just feel like the guy let us down. There seems to be a dark cloud over everything now. I mean the birds don't seem to be chirping as loudly. The sun's brightness has dimmed. I mean why does a guy who had it all, throw it all away for a few measly millions. The refs are against us. Everyone hates us and why? Because we won a lot almost two decades ago. I gotta tell ya, all this stuff has got me a little down. Randle's a fool, Dunbar is, well, Dunbar. Ryan Williams is a guy I never heard of. Now this Mansture signing business.

I use to laugh at the guy. Hoped and prayed the guys that drafted before me in my league would take the guy before me so I could have someone fall to me.

Just when things seemed to be going in the right direction, whammo, another tire blows and we're forced to pile out into the mud with one of those old widow maker jacks and put the spare on, hoping there's a tire shop close by that's reasonable.

I gotta say fellas. I'm weary. My enthusiasm ceding like that of a wet cigar. Romo in his last few years. The defense held together with duck tape and Elmers glue. Sean Lee coming back from ACL, Rolando McClain failing drug tests. Durant gone.

I don't know what's going to happen. Just seemed like yesterday my Cowboys were on the brink of a championship run. Now........we may just be on the verge of end run to a Chumpionship.

The only hope in the hands of our talent scouts and oft jinxed Jones family doing the picking. This very draft may decide the next decade of Cowboys success or failure. As the draft draws near I find myself growing more and more mindful of just how essential it is to make the right picks this year.

Do they pluck another Mo Claiborne to decisively cripple an already shaky secondary? Do they pick another Julius/Felix Jones to set our running game back another decade. I find myself fraught with fear that Jerry takes over again provoked by the pressure to get it right, and ultimately as he often has, getting it horribly wrong. I worry that Jr will cede to his fathers will and instead of forcibly ripping the card that ultimately caves in the Cowboys future from his hands in favor of the one that carries us to the cleavage of the Superbowl bosoms that we fans might bellow away between. The last few years the picks have been spot on. Yet I find myself tormented by the thoughts of watching the Commissioner walk to the podium, lift a card, lean forward and pronounce to the world, yes, yes indeed you have chosen the fumbler, the bumbler, the bugler, the stumbler, and before the final bell the bumpkin rumbler.

The coaches all collapsed in their chairs, the fans cursing, even the Commissioner grins knowing the calls he just made are sure to to collapse the franchise. A year removed from a promising run turns back towards the mediocrity of 8-8.

I don't know if I could take that. Not again. The ledge is just over there. I could wonder but a few steps raise my palms to the air and avoid the suffering of it all. You all would be rid of me. No more Cowboyz1 to mock and ridicule. I'm sure many of you would like to see me jump. Well I just might. It's that or someday you would see me kicking cans in some abandoned lot with a tattered Cowboys throw dragging some mangy mutt telling him of the good ole days. A bottle in one hand and a leash in the other.

So I wait..........for that day. My hand over heart staggering doing the Fred Sanford and calling out "I'm comin to join ya honey, my Cowboys jersey in one hand and a bottle of blue tears in the other".

Losing Murray brought this on ?? Just watch next year when whoever we plug in the running game gives us just what we need. We need defense. I am not worried about losing Murray. If we sure up the D we could be in business. Our offense will be fine

• Like 1

Losing Murray brought this on ?? Just watch next year when whoever we plug in the running game gives us just what we need. We need defense. I am not worried about losing Murray. If we sure up the D we could be in business. Our offense will be fine

Agreed.

No I just don't know if Jerry is truly letting go of some of the control. I fear the pressure of losing Murray and so close to building a really solid team forces him to grip and not trust his staff that has done a really good job. If he continues the path that has been working the past few years then yes we have a really good shot at building something special. This is the year though and this is the draft. I'm telling you, I feel it. This is the offseason that will determine the future of the franchise for the next few years. An important cross roads. Allowing Murray to leave was actually a positive sign. Recall it was less than a year ago that Jerry was insistent on Johnny Rehab. Even angry he was talked out of the pick. Had he gotten his way we would be in serious trouble. Not sure he's learned or primed for a resurgence. We shall soon see.

Edited by Cowboyz1

This is what Dallas fans have been waiting for. If he's not worth the $ that he's offered somewhere else...let em go. A lot of people critized them for sending Ware packing..and Hatcher. Does anyone think they were wrong to do that now? I don't. Maybe letting Murray go will work out..maybe it won't. It was still the right thing to do ISMHO

This is what Dallas fans have been waiting for. If he's not worth the $ that he's offered somewhere else...let em go. A lot of people critized them for sending Ware packing..and Hatcher. Does anyone think they were wrong to do that now? I don't. Maybe letting Murray go will work out..maybe it won't. It was still the right thing to do ISMHO

I agree. I just don't trust the Jerry factor now that he has the responsibility of replacing him AND building the defense. Had Murray stayed put then the offense is set. Only pressure on him would be to draft for defense and depth. With Murray gone, he may panic and feel the need for a big splash move that proves to him their ok. THAT is what has me worried. If he just lets the guys do their jobs which they have done well thus far, the picks should be solid.

Edited by Cowboyz1