[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Thick's fantasy football primer Issue 1-your first round pick

This will be a continuing series designed to make you win your fantasy football league this year, and if you use the tactics and advice, you should be in a good place to win every year.

This issue is simple, your first round pick.

You will draft a quarterback. Again, with your first round pick, you will draft a quarterback. Do you need me to repeat it one more time?

You will draft a quarterback.

Here is why.

The top QB's, Luck, Rodgers, Brees and this year Iam putting Russel Wilson in this elite class, will bring you more value than any running back. ANY running back. You have a valid argument about a elite WR, but you can get 10-25 grade WR's in rounds 2-7, you will never get a top, elite QB value from any QB after those four. Maybe Rothlesburger, possibly Romo, but those are prayers. Brady is going in the 6th round in most mocks, thats a steal even if hes suspended 4 games.

Year in, year out, there is always a late round flyer RB who finished top 10. Last Year Ingram and Hill, the year before Knowshown Moreno, so they are out there, they always are. An elite QB, like Luck or Rodgers, those are precious and should be the first two picks in every draft, but they last because people are stupid. Take advantage of that stupidity.

Draft an elite QB in the first round. Thank me later.

Next issue, your second round pick. Duh...

Jimmy Thick- Its pretty easy to spell out, if you take a QB in round one.

i ended up with Wilson in the 4th round in one of my money leagues. i havent seen him go earlier than round 4, same with Brees. Luck & Rodgers are gone within rd1/rd2. even Peyton is lasting round 3/4. I think luck & rodgers is worth the early pick, but not the other 3 if you can get them atleast round 3 or 4.

I disagree. Suppose you take Luck or Rogers in the 1st. Assuming you don't have pick 10, 11, or 12 the best RB you have a shot at is probably Lamar Miller or Carlos Hyde. Not bad, but not great. Recievers I believe there are enough to justify passing on in the first round, but not RBs.

I think the best strategy is to go RB -> WR -> WR -> QB -> RB -> TE and so on.

• Like 1

With that strategy youre going to end up with an elite RB and a top 10 WR AND a good QB. Because you can get P. Manning, R. Wilson, or Big Ben in the 4th.

And even if you dont get one of them you can wait and get someone like Romo, E. Manning, P. Rivers, or M. Stafford. All of them will still net you around 25 points per game. Rivers got me 30+ like 6 times last year and I got him,in the 8th.

Edited by AX2RUN
  • Like 1

With that strategy youre going to end up with an elite RB and a top 10 WR AND a good QB. Because you can get P. Manning, R. Wilson, or Big Ben in the 4th.

And even if you dont get one of them you can wait and get someone like Romo, E. Manning, P. Rivers, or M. Stafford. All of them will still net you around 25 points per game. Rivers got me 30+ like 6 times last year and I got him,in the 8th.

Exactly. We draft much a like. Taking a QB later on has always worked for me. Although this year I did end up taking Wilson I believe in the 4th.

Wilson is going to be great FF option this year. I wouldn't feel bad about him in the 4th at all especially if you're able to cuff him with Graham or Lynch, his red zone targets

Wilson is going to be great FF option this year. I wouldn't feel bad about him in the 4th at all especially if you're able to cuff him with Graham or Lynch, his red zone targets

Wilson, lynch and sea def. I'm hoping for sea to run honda this year lol

Take the elite QB. You can always find a serviceable RB or a breakout RB. If you have a chance to take Rodgers or Luck, you have to no matter what round.

If rather have a stud rb and a QB like Wilson in the 4th rd. The dif between pts between top tier and 2nd tier is not much compared to top tier rb and second tier rbs. Of course there's going to be a cpl rbs from the 4th/5th an later who end up having better years than expected, but with the elite rbs you know they're going to be at least above average. With qbs the point dif between a 1st rounder and 4th is not enough for me to take one that early

A new Qb can be considered elite every year. Rivers was pretty good last year but may have been elite in 2013 too. Situations change that pull qbs down a bit (like losing jimmy graham) or raises them to elite status like finally having all your targets healthy. (Eli, Stafford, Ryan etc.) I only select wrs or rbs in rd 1 ... unless in a 2 Qb league where u gotta start 2.

I would certainly rather my line up be something like;

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB1: Marshawn Lynch

RB2: Shane Vereen

WR1: Jordy Nelson

WR2: Emmanuel Sanders

Than;

QB: Andrew Luck

RB1: Carlos Hyde

RB2: Shane Vereen

WR1: Keneen Allen

WR2: Victor Cruz

To me the combo of an elite RB and an WR severely out weighs the value of an "Elite" QB.

I can expect a QB like Luck to drop around 30-35 points per game consistently. Sprinkle in a +40 or -25 a few times throughout the season.

I can expect a RB like Lynch and a Reciever Like Nelson to drop 20-25 points EACH every week. Again sprinkle in some up weeks and some down weeks.

So either I can have 1 player on my roster posting 35 points a game and HOPE I can find value in the later rounds for RB and Reciever, OR I can have 2 players posting 25 per game and know for a fact I can get a QB in the later rounds that can post 20-30 every week.

It's a no brainer

This will be a continuing series designed to make you win your fantasy football league this year, and if you use the tactics and advice, you should be in a good place to win every year.

This issue is simple, your first round pick.

You will draft a quarterback. Again, with your first round pick, you will draft a quarterback. Do you need me to repeat it one more time?

You will draft a quarterback.

Here is why.

The top QB's, Luck, Rodgers, Brees and this year Iam putting Russel Wilson in this elite class, will bring you more value than any running back. ANY running back. You have a valid argument about a elite WR, but you can get 10-25 grade WR's in rounds 2-7, you will never get a top, elite QB value from any QB after those four. Maybe Rothlesburger, possibly Romo, but those are prayers. Brady is going in the 6th round in most mocks, thats a steal even if hes suspended 4 games.

Year in, year out, there is always a late round flyer RB who finished top 10. Last Year Ingram and Hill, the year before Knowshown Moreno, so they are out there, they always are. An elite QB, like Luck or Rodgers, those are precious and should be the first two picks in every draft, but they last because people are stupid. Take advantage of that stupidity.

Draft an elite QB in the first round. Thank me later.

Next issue, your second round pick. Duh...

Jimmy Thick- Its pretty easy to spell out, if you take a QB in round one.

:tinfoilhat:

:fishy:

To new................spread some knowledge, answer some posts.......opinions are easy, fact based but we all know what opinions are like because we all have one. 4 post's is considered.....If you can't figure that out.....I won a Money League with Flacco, enough said, consistent but not top 5 maybe not top 10? Value based drafting, best player available base on your teams need and draft strategy.

Are you an idiot? How does one team have lynch, Nelson and sanders? While the other team has luck Allen and Cruz? If you pick luck and lynch at the same spot, and you assumed you got Nelson and sanders to you like you did on your second team.

You would have

Luck

Nelson

Sanders

Vs

Lynch

Nelson

Sanders

Learn to make a point using the same logic, idiot

I made my point exactly the way I intended to, using logic that most people with a brain stem would understand.

I as well as 70% of all FF players draft RB in the 1st round. So the point I was making is that if a QB consumes my #1 pick then by following that train of thought, a RB must consume my #2 pick. Essentially moving all of my picks I would normally make down by one round. And while trying to insult me you actually proved my point. You say "you would have Luck, Nelson, and Sanders". Ok now you've got your WRs, but who are your running backs? Darren McFadden and Chris Ivory? This is why you take an elite RB or WR in round 1, whichever you don't do in round 1 you take in round 2, then in rounds 4-6 take a QB who will still be in the 20-30 points per game range. As opposed to having an elite QB and then whatever else falls to you.

Do you understand now? If not I can always draw some pictures with pretty colors and friendly characters to explain it more clearly and mail them to you.

Edited by AX2RUN

You are clearly an idiot..

Team a

Luck

Nelson

Sanders

Looks better than lynch Nelson and sanders even if you have stafford, have you actual seen stafford points per game last year idiot? He had single digits and didn't break 20 points quite a few games. Have you actually seen Lucks ppg last year idiot? Now GUMMI BEAR idiot

Ah i see, so I need to draw the pictures. Can I have an email address to send them to when im done? Maybe your mommy has one? That way she can explain the drawings to you while you drool on yourself and doodle pictures of your man crush, ODB.

Edited by AX2RUN

The word "idiot" must have been the only thing your dad left you before he split, cuz you sure use it alot. Its what got you in over your head in the first place. Gtfo of here Lmao.

I explained my "chives" you're just not understanding the concept, so iv just gone from trying to explain to making fun of you. More entertaining for everyone involved I think ;)

Odell Beckam Jr. sucks.

Odell will never love you man. He doesn't date 4's

Not yet anyways. After this season when he's WR3 behind Ruben Randle he might date 4's.

Edited by AX2RUN

Lol I get it now. nice scenarios. Sorry I was an ignorant TURD

See you just needed some time to let it sink in I forgive you for being dumb.

Edited by AX2RUN