[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo

skylive5

Where is the thinking on this guy?

Gets his job back as soon as he is ready?

Doesn't get his job back.

Gets traded when he is ready to play?

Retires because he is tired of always getting broken?

Lots of scenarios out there and so little time left to make a decision.

**Disclaimer** I do not own, nor have I ever owned, Romo.

ETA: I would really like DMD's opinion on this.

Edited by skylive5

Where is the thinking on this guy?

Gets his job back as soon as he is ready?

Doesn't get his job back.

Gets traded when he is ready to play?

Retires because he is tired of always getting broken?

Lots of scenarios out there and so little time left to make a decision.

**Disclaimer** I do not own, nor have I ever owned, Romo.

ETA: I would really like DMD's opinion on this.

Well, I'm not DMD but will give my opinion.

As long as Dak is playing well,he keeps the job.

The schedule is about to get worse than what they've faced so far. Eagles, Steeler's, Vikings... We'll see what Dak is made of very soon. The defense has been better than expected so far. If they don't hold up and Dallas starts falling behind early can Dak play catchup? We'll see.

Romo is not retiring, he's due a ton of $.

I will say as a fan its exciting to have a rookie playing well, it's also nice to know we have a veteran QB on the sidelines if it goes south

• Like 1

You had once owned him in Fusion (check your 2009 roster)

Really? That's 4 years ago... forever. (LOL that was actually 7 years ago...I really am old.)

Sheesh.... forgetting Sarge and his perfect year and then forgetting I once owned Romo. I need some memory pills.

Edited by skylive5

Romo will start at some point this season because they (the Cowboys) have to find out if he is still Romo AND they need to show the league he is still Romo. IF they want to trade him (which is legally impossible this year do to contract) next year the the league will need to know if he can still be Romo or they won't be able to get much for him.

I personally think he deserves the opportunity to take the Cowboys to the Superbowl. He's earned it with his body and putting the team on his back when they had no offensive line, no defense and no running game for a number of years.

For those two reasons, Romo will get his shot. The only way he doesn't is if HE decides to stand down and allow the momentum and development of DAk to continue and show an example of the ultimate team player. I would have a lot of respect for him if he does that but I suspect he would get beat up for doing so saying he's not competitor or scared or some other bullmanure.

One thing that I don't know is could they keep Romo if he wants to retire a Cowboy by reducing his contract. Not sure want's possible contract wise. Ultimately, the best thing the Cowboys could do is the keep Romo and have him back up Dak after he wins the Superbowl this year. That would be awesome. Cowboys dynasty for the next 5 or more years. That would be awesome. He gets to retire a Champion and reduce the risk of permanent injury by becoming a part time starter, coach and a Cowboy for life.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Really? That's 4 years ago... forever. (LOL that was actually 7 years ago...I really am old.)

Sheesh.... forgetting Sarge and his perfect year and then forgetting I once owned Romo. I need some memory pills.

Try some of these, hear they work wonders...

http://wiki.southpark.cc.com/wiki/Member_Berries