[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions thoughts.....

Tyler Rose

Ok,Lions fans.......cmon out and play as this is our time of year. Until the first 5 games are complete we are in this thing. What are your thoughts on the Lions first draft pick? I'm of the mind that they need to go D hard and fast with this draft. I've seen some mocks where they pick the TE from Virginia to give Joey more weapons. I feel that Alexander(if they choose to bring him back)and Fitzsimmons were fine at the TE position. I'd like to see Spears or James picked first. A 3rd wide out can be drafted later on or picked up in free agency and in a pinch Swinton has shown he can catch the ball. I'm getting ready to move to AZ but will carry on the Lions pride out west. Any thoughts on our warriors of the Honolulu Blue and Silver lined with black?

This is the year for the Lions. Safety help and a healthy linebacker corp will take the Lions a long way. If the Lions don't sign a quality offensive lineman, that will be addressed early in the draft. The Lions will win the division and a first round bye.

This is the year for the Lions.  Safety help and a healthy linebacker corp will take the Lions a long way.  If the Lions don't sign a quality offensive lineman, that will be addressed early in the draft.  The Lions will win the division and a first round bye.

721992[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D

Guest THEbigred

Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian....

Heath Miller has to be one of the most overrated TEs in a long time. Not saying he's bad, but hardly worth a 1st rounder. That would be a laughably horrible reach, esp. given other needs.

A DE or S would make much more sense (James, Davis, etc).

Edited by THEbigred

This is the year for the Lions.  Safety help and a healthy linebacker corp will take the Lions a long way.  If the Lions don't sign a quality offensive lineman, that will be addressed early in the draft.  The Lions will win the division and a first round bye.

721992[/snapback]

Barkeep, I'll have what he's drinking!

:D

The Lions have been very quiet from what I've seen in the FA market. Even if they manage to improve the D, Harrington had better mature, like NOW, or forget it. Hoping for O line improvement through the draft is a wet dream.... O linemen rarely step into the NFL ready to play at that level. Even Gallery, last year's most highly touted O lineman had his share of trouble making the transition. I do think a wild card spot is possible, but unlikely. I think GB is in for a tough year, and I think Minny wins 11 games. I figure Detroit to go 8-8. maybe 9-7 if things go really well.

Barkeep, I'll have what he's drinking!

:D

The Lions have been very quiet from what I've seen in the FA market. Even if they manage to improve the D, Harrington had better mature, like NOW, or forget it. Hoping for O line improvement through the draft is a wet dream.... O linemen rarely step into the NFL ready to play at that level. Even Gallery, last year's most highly touted O lineman had his share of trouble making the transition. I  do think a wild card spot is possible, but unlikely. I think GB is in for a tough year, and I think Minny wins 11 games. I figure Detroit to go 8-8. maybe 9-7 if things go really well.

722138[/snapback]

As Rovers alluded to, the Lions need to seriously improve the play at the quarterback position (don't give me the crap about the wide receivers, Harrington's play stunk last year). Whether it's Joey stepping up or Warner or Garcia, something needs to happen.

While the D was good last year, I think the Lions need to get an immediate contributor in the first round, which means probably S or DE. They need to resign Bell... he and Big Baby could be the nucleus of a dominant defensive interior for a long time.

I don't think the Lions need to majorly improve on the OL, unless they lose McDougle. Pass blocking was pretty good last year, and their run blocking came on in the last four to six games.

As to the team record, if the Lions can put an NFL-caliber offense on the field, which will depend heavily on quarterback play, the defense and special teams make the Lions a playoff-caliber team. Whether or not they win the division depends on whether the Vikes ignite or implode with the departure of Moss. Time will tell.

I agree with alot of what I'm reading here and definately feel Joey has to make great strides this season. I personally feel that he has been a bit hamstrung by the play calling for alot of his tenure here and they need to throw deep more often. They made no effort last year to even try to take advantage of the new defensive holding rules and kept tossing the 5 yard crossing patterns. Now granted the WR corp was weak with Rogers out(again) and Williams hurting but they still could have tried to stretch a D occasionally. I hope Tollner will take advantage of a healthy Williams and Rogers and try to keep DBs honest with some deep routes. Kevin Jones looks like the real deal so defenses will have to respect the run and I'd like to see Jones targeted for a few more passes out of the backfield as well. Focus on the D during the draft,open up the O a bit and in this division things could finally go the Lions way a bit.

The offense is shaping up if they can get consistent play out of the QB..Kevin Jones fnished up strong last year.Roy Williams showed great potential and who knows what Charles Rogers is capable of if he can stay healthy.I think Mariucci is a good coach too.They are definetly headed in the right direction.The special teams where great last year too.