[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hang em up.Jerry!

Gators

This is a message to Jerry Rice...Please Jerry,retire...I know you are trying to hang on and put your records, so out of reach, that nobody will even get close to breaking them. You are tarnishing your stellar career by hanging on by a thread...You are the greatest receiver of all time, why can't you accept the fact that your skills are so diminished that you will be lucky to be the Broncos 4 th. receiver..Is that how you want yourself to be remembered..or do you want to be remembered as the most feared player in the game? In history the athletes that stayed way past their prime did not do themselves any justice...Do yourself a favor,go now Jerry !

I gotta disagree. Rice, and Emmitt for that, have earned anything they want in my opinion. The Donkeys are willing to have him, so let it be. Man's worked his whole life at football and isn't quite ready to leave. I'm sure he knows what he can/can't do, so let's just let him be.

I gotta disagree.  Rice, and Emmitt for that, have earned anything they want in my opinion.  The Donkeys are willing to have him, so let it be.  Man's worked his whole life at football and isn't quite ready to leave.  I'm sure he knows what he can/can't do, so let's just let him be.

828214[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. Rice has found yet another team willing to pay him to play the game that he so obviously loves. I say he should play as long as he wants to and as long as someone is willing to pay him to.

His records are pretty much already out of reach so I honestly doubt they have anything to do with his decision. With the possible exception of wanting to get to 200 career TD's, that may be a motivating factor.

I think seeing the guy willing to settle for a back up role just to to play the game he loves is as inspiring as anything else he has ever done as an athlete. Rickey Henderson is the same way. I say play on Jerry, play on Rickey.

I gotta disagree.  Rice, and Emmitt for that, have earned anything they want in my opinion.  The Donkeys are willing to have him, so let it be.  Man's worked his whole life at football and isn't quite ready to leave.  I'm sure he knows what he can/can't do, so let's just let him be.

828214[/snapback]

I agree, but it really has nothing to do with "earning" anything.

If a man can make a living doing what he wants to do, good for him.

It's his career, he can "tarnish" it all he wants (although it seems to matter more to fans than players.)

Yeah, I don't think Rice is losing much sleep over the fact that some message boards are asking him to retire.

Let's see......I can play football, making a million or so a year, probably won't take many hits since my playing time will be limited, I can 'mentor' younger players......why retire?