[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss says Collins is better than Culpepper

T-Scorp

I'd rather take Collins 3 rounds later than where C-pep would end up in my draft..

remember how much Moss inflated Cunningham and George's numbers?...Collins will still make his mistakes, but will see plenty 300+ yd games and at least 2 TD's most of the time...

Porter is better than any starting WR on the Vikings and will see the ball more than Burleson did with Moss was in last year(someone made a comment about that)...didn't he have Robinson and Campbell to contend with?...along with Wiggins catching a decent share as well when healthy...

the Raiders will have Moss and Porter catching most of the balls while Jordan off-sets the attack...

I'd love to land any 2 of the 4 on my team (Moss, Collins, Porter or Jordan)....this team will have "hugh" fantasy numbers this year and will likely not have a strong enough D to stop other teams from making it a shootout...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I see your point.  Culpepper was chasing the completion percentage record last season and ended with 69.2.  Collins ended the year with a 56.3 % rate.    :D

Btw, what was Brady's?  60.8    :D

838453[/snapback]

My comment was limited to the long ball. Daunte was good a throwing it out there and letting Randy go get it.

C-Pep's a good QB, I'm not saying it was all Moss.

If we could just get him to give up the UBER-GAY Patty-cake Rrrooolllllll-it celebration......

My comment was limited to the long ball.  Daunte was good a throwing it out there and letting Randy go get it. 

C-Pep's a good QB, I'm not saying it was all Moss.

If we could just get him to give up the UBER-GAY Patty-cake Rrrooolllllll-it celebration......

838790[/snapback]

I like the patty-cake roooooooool-it celebration -does celebration over and over again- :D

Collins is one of the most inconsistent QBs that still has a starting gig.

I've seen the reports on the net stating that Collins has a good vertical game and adding Moss to his tandem will help him. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and do a double take and ask yourself where they come up with this stuff.

Collins as a great producer week in and week out....has that ever happened?

Collins is one of the most inconsistent QBs that still has a starting gig.

I've seen the reports on the net stating that Collins has a good vertical game and adding Moss to his tandem will help him.  Sometimes you just have to take a step back and do a double take and ask yourself where they come up with this stuff.

Collins as a great producer week in and week out....has that ever happened?

838980[/snapback]

has he ever had weapons like this?...an OL as good as this one is?...even though they aren't great...the Giants never had that great of a line...

Toomer is the best wideout he's probably ever had, and Porter is probably better...let alone Moss who is at least the 2nd best wideout in the game....the best at purely catching the ball and jumping for it as well IMO....

all we have to see is if Jordan is better than Barber was, especially since I think last season was his best year ever...without Collins of course, because they didn't have a very reliable QB last season...

has he ever had weapons like this?...an OL as good as this one is?...even though they aren't great...the Giants never had that great of a line...

Toomer is the best wideout he's probably ever had, and Porter is probably better...let alone Moss who is at least the 2nd best wideout in the game....the best at purely catching the ball and jumping for it as well IMO....

all we have to see is if Jordan is better than Barber was, especially since I think last season was his best year ever...without Collins of course, because they didn't have a very reliable QB last season...

839244[/snapback]

CAR 1996. That team went 12-4 and their O-Line was great that year....of course he was throwing passes to a couple of wideouts I dont remember. Collins stats for that year reflect that he wasnt asked to "make plays" ......just to protect the ball....no turnovers....let the Defense set the tone...etc. They beat DAL in the divisional playoffs only to lose to GB Packers in the NFC Championship game.

Randy Moss made Gus Frerotte look good. Collin's numbers will go up, without a doubt, but he by no means has better pocket presence or is a better decision maker. He can throw the ball well when given time and has a good arm. He will throw downfield to Moss often, and Moss will make some plays, and this will inflate Collin's numbers.

For what it's worth (not much), I noticed in a Sporting News Magazine that they ranked the top QBs for Arm Strength, accuracy, 2 minute offense, running abilities, and other categories. They listed the top three Qbs for each category. Culpepper appeared as a leader in every category. Culpepper was the only player to do so.

CPepp's reaction: from KFFL....

Vikings | Culpepper Reacts to Moss' Comments

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 05:57:33 -0700

The Pioneer Press reports Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper was asked Tuesday, June 14, his reaction to ex-teammate Randy Moss' ESPN interview during which Moss said QB Kerry Collins is a better overall quarterback than Culpepper. Culpepper smiled quizzically and said, "When I first heard that, I figured maybe Randy had fallen and bumped his head to say something that crazy," Culpepper said. "All they've got to do is look at the numbers. I mean no disrespect to Kerry Collins. I understand that (Moss) has to say something good about his quarterback. But he didn't have to say anything that crazy."

:D

For what it's worth (not much), I noticed in a Sporting News Magazine that they ranked the top QBs for Arm Strength, accuracy, 2 minute offense, running abilities, and other categories.  They listed the top three Qbs for each category.  Culpepper appeared as a leader in every category.  Culpepper was the only player to do so.

840134[/snapback]

Where was Brady?

Oh yeah, and for what it's worth, IMO putting Collins anywhere near the same class as C-Pep is laughable.

841428[/snapback]

FWIW, I do not think C-pep will even make the top 5 in Fantasy Points for a QB now that Moss is gone. I will mercilessly heckle the people that spend first and second round picks on him. He will be a middle of the road QB this year.

FWIW, I do not think C-pep will even make the top 5 in Fantasy Points for a QB now that Moss is gone.  I will mercilessly heckle the people that spend first and second round picks on him.  He will be a middle of the road QB this year.

845384[/snapback]

So who are the other 4 after Manning???? :D While I think a first and early second is too high for any QB this year I can't see 4 other QB's posting higher numbers than C-Pep. Remember he can run too!! :D

McNabb.. maybe but needs Owens

Green.. needs a solid RB to take pressure of his receivers (who are not good)

Favre.. he's not geting any younger and the O'line is not as good as it used to be.

Plummer.. not a chance, whose he going to throw to?

Delhomme... maybe if Smith is truely healthy and he running game gets back on track.

Hasselbeck.. maybe, but Alexander is out to prove something and the WR's leave much to be desired.

Brees.. LT is still there and defenses might actually try and cover Gates this year.

Barring injury Culpepper finishes in the top 5 for fantasy points! :D

So who are the other 4 after Manning???? :D  While I think a first and early second is too high for any QB this year I can't see 4 other QB's posting higher numbers than C-Pep.  Remember he can run too!! :D

Green..  needs a solid RB to take pressure of his receivers (who are not good)

Favre..  he's not geting any younger and the O'line is not as good as it used to be.

Delhomme... maybe if Smith is truely healthy and he running game gets back on track.

Hasselbeck.. maybe, but Alexander is out to prove something and the WR's leave much to be desired.

Brees..  LT is still there and defenses might actually try and cover Gates this year.

845446[/snapback]

:D Sounds like a sigline bet in the making...

Green..  needs a solid RB to take pressure of his receivers (who are not good)

Favre..  he's not geting any younger and the O'line is not as good as it used to be.

Brees..  LT is still there and defenses might actually try and cover Gates this year.

845446[/snapback]

McNabb can run too (at least compared to most ... he certainly ain't no Cunningham though) ... I see him in the top 5 most likely

Favre depends on how patient he is ... if Green has a good year and Brett gets time to throw I would say he has an outside chance

Not too high on Plummer

Delhomme had the CAR pass attack ranked 10 in yardage and 7 in tds last year ... while the running game was 28th and 25th ... Smith will help, but Colbert will take off (you watch and see!)

Hasselbeck ... he stinks (personal opinion) ... ok, had to get that out of the way. Possible but not probable. I know SA is trying to prove something but will Holmgren let him???

Brees is another possiblility for top 5. Remember his WR's last year were constantly in and out. They should have more time to gel this year so I would expect spreading the ball around a little more but with a big time RB and TE you can pretty much run an offense ... look at KC ... only difference is that SD has the defense to back it up.

I still see CPep being able to make it in the top 5 as long as his WR's perform. Which I just tend to think they will be able to do.

On the flip side, Strange Brew is a great flick :D

Aiight...here are the proposed terms...

Sigline for the length of the playoffs. If C-pep ends up top 5 in fantasy points, you win. Otherwise, I win.

Now...you stated he would be top 5 in points. Do you mean overall, or among QBs? What would be the most equitable way to score this? Huddle perfect?

Aiight...here are the proposed terms...

Sigline for the length of the playoffs.  If C-pep ends up top 5 in fantasy points, you win.  Otherwise, I win.

Now...you stated he would be top 5 in points.  Do you mean overall, or among QBs?  What would be the most equitable way to score this?  Huddle perfect?

845474[/snapback]

I think y'all need an injury clause in there. I have done one of these before with a Vick owner (before everyone realized he's fantasy garbage), and he missed tons of games and obviously didn't end up in the top 5 lsit at season's end. Just a suggestion.......

My 2 cents says that there is no way Daunte isn't in the top 5 at season's end (barring injury).

Perfect Huddle makes sense as it doesn't give a premium for rushing QB's.

I was responding to your top five QB statement so top 5 QB's

Per Pedroz's suggestion and my orginal comment about barring injury (to Culpepper) do you want to throw in an injury clause...ie minimum of games played?

On the flip side, Strange Brew is a great flick :D

845464[/snapback]

One of my all time favorite movies :D

"I'd kiss you buy I have puke breath" is my other favorite line from that movie.

We used to try and take a drink of beer every time Bob or Doug said "eh" but we usally ran out of beer or got too drunk to get through the entire movie :D:D

Edited by T-Scorp

Perfect Huddle makes sense as it doesn't give a premium for rushing QB's.

I was responding to your top five QB statement so top 5 QB's

Per Pedroz's suggestion and my orginal comment about barring injury (to Culpepper) do you want to throw in an injury clause...ie minimum of games played?

845525[/snapback]

I say we do an average PPG, minimum 10 games played.