[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jacobs

Lucky Jack

I bet there are some views out there...I have a chance to pick him up as free agent...is hoping for 5+ TDs this year too much to ask?

966520[/snapback]

Here is a little info:

PLAYER TO WATCH: RB Brandon Jacobs, the team's fourth round draft pick via Southern Illinois, who is 6-4, 260 and has been clocked in 4.39 for the 40-yard dash. He has run over defenders and around them, and the offense now calls for him to run sweeps as well as short-yardage drives up the middle. Spent a year understudying Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown at Auburn before opting to transfer to SIU.

Giants let Mike Cloud go..kept Derrick (I don't know who he is) Ward and got Chad Morton for Punt/Kickoff returns...Jacobs is the immediate back-up to Tiki...has had a great training camp and preseason....it is very realistic to see him get 5 TD's easy...his speed, power and size will get him alot of playing time(PT) and everyone IMO will know who Jacobs is by mid season..if not sooner!! Get him if you got the spot and he could help you hoist that FF Super Bowl Trphy in the end!! :D:D:D:D

I got a little tip on this guy last year when my buddy told him I had to check him out on NCAA direct pass. My first thought was Ron Dayne. THen I watched some more. Not only does he run with violence, but this guy has an incredible burst, and was running away from DBs who had the angle on him. IMO he is an absolute freak of nature and the next time Tiki misses a game its going to be very hard for him to get consistent carries ever again.

I see B Jacobs as more of an insurance policy this year, then slowly picking things up until tiki calls it quits. sure i think he will get the normal backup rb carries like anyone else, but i also believe tiki is gonna be getting goaline carries until he proves he cant do it anymore...like someone posted before most of tiki's td's last were 5yards and less.

Fantasy wise i say minimal impact this year (unless tiki goes down with injury), great pick-up for a dynasty team though imo

most people here disagree with me on this, so go ahead and pick him up :D