[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dayne, Pittman or Perry to start this week?

Bree22

Starting RBs Duece (starter), DD (Bye week), JJ, Dayne, Suggs. Pittman and Perry are on waiver wire. I have Calico to drop for either RB. My other WRs are C.Johnson, H.Ward, A.Boldin, A.Lelie and Chambers.

I need a #2 RB which was suppose to be JJ :D . I picked up Dayne last week as a long shot and I drafted Suggs as possible trade bait later on in the year. Now I am hoping one of these long shots payoff for my week 10 bye week filler.

But back to present day. Of the following 3 which one do you think has the best chance at production this weekend? We get 1pt/recpt performance scoring.

Also I have Brady vs pitt this week and Warner vs Sea. Which one would you start or do I try and drop Warner for Dilfer vs Colts?

I would take the shot with Dayne. Pittman is getting scraps, Perry won't play unless it is a blowout or Rudi gets injured, but Dayne has the potential to split carries or possibly get a start if Anderson does not heal up well. I would take your shot there.

Go with Perry without a doubt, especially in a PPR league. :D

All of these guys you talk about are likely to have limited touches, but Perry has received over 10 touches in each game so far, and he looks like a monster in waiting who the Bengals are trying to integrate into their offense as much as possible. FWIW, he has 9 receptions for 70 yards so far (along with 14 carries for 58 yards) and I read today that Marvin Lewis considers him the Bengals 3rd WR. I'd rather take the chance on him than either of those other 2, and I've always been a Pittman advocate in the past.

Go with Perry without a doubt, especially in a PPR league.  :D

All of these guys you talk about are likely to have limited touches, but Perry has received over 10 touches in each game so far, and he looks like a monster in waiting who the Bengals are trying to integrate into their offense as much as possible.  FWIW, he has 9 receptions for 70 yards so far (along with 14 carries for 58 yards) and I read today that Marvin Lewis considers him the Bengals 3rd WR.  I'd rather take the chance on him than either of those other 2, and I've always been a Pittman advocate in the past.

1009757[/snapback]

He has been thrown to 10 times this year and has 9 catches. no reason for this stat (his catches)not to increase.

I read today that Marvin Lewis considers him the Bengals 3rd WR.

1009757[/snapback]

Was looking for a link and just realized where I read that...In Yo Mama's "Waiver Wire Warriors" feature on the main page (if you're a Huddle member you can check it out, he has a detailed analysis of Perry there).

Here is a good quote on Perry from the Cincinnati Enquirer, and also there is a link below to the full article:

"The defined role is to get him in the game, and get the football in his hands as much as we can," Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said. "We can use Chris and his athleticism in every phase, whether it be running the football or catching the ball or blocking."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...210366/1078/SPT

Perry is probably the safest play, but the one with the most upside would be Pittman IMO. They've got GB this weekend, Cadillac says he's good to go, but has had a boot on his foot all week - preventive medicine.

Pittman got 11 touches last week (7 run/4 pass - 3 completed). If TB is controlling the game late, Gruden may elect to sit Cadillac to rest the foot. And then there's always the possibility that he aggravates the foot during the game where he needs to come out.

That is why I am trying to decide which one of the 3. They can put up a few points or nothing depending on the situation. I listed Pittman for the reason that Fenokee mentions which no one touched on.

Like I said earlier I am leaning towards Perry being he looks like the least amount of downside but I love everyones's insight to help me evaluate.

I'm in the same position as you, I have as my starting backs:

Kevin Jones, D. Davis and Rudi Johnson (can start 3 Rbs and I just traded for D. Davis last week.) and both davis and jones are on bye (and prolly score more points this week on their bye than in the last 2 games.)

So all I have is Rudi and i'm tossing around the idea of either Dayne or Perry.

So i'm totally on the fence with each one. This week I'm starting 3 WRs and 2 Backs instead of the normal 3 Backs and 2 Wrs.

WRS i'm starting are: Darrell Jackson, Isaac Bruce and Reggie Wayne

with Rudi johnson and most likely Ron Dayne......god I feel dirty for saying that.

I'm in the same position as you, I have as my starting backs:

Kevin Jones, D. Davis and Rudi Johnson (can start 3 Rbs and I just traded for D. Davis last week.) and both davis and jones are on bye (and prolly score more points this week on their bye than in the last 2 games.)

So all I have is Rudi and i'm tossing around the idea of either Dayne or Perry.

So i'm totally on the fence with each one.  This week I'm starting 3 WRs and 2 Backs instead of the normal 3 Backs and 2 Wrs.

WRS i'm starting are: Darrell Jackson, Isaac Bruce and Reggie Wayne

with Rudi johnson and most likely Ron Dayne......god I feel dirty for saying that.

1010947[/snapback]

I feel your pain. I starting WRs are C.Johnson, Ward and Boldin which I am happy with. I have Perry and Dayne on my roster now and the guy I am playing this week Lost KJ this and picked up Pittman right behind me on the WW last night. I have Perry in the lineup now. I choose him because I get 1pt/recpt. and he will be used a 3rd WR from time to time. Beside that Receiving TD's start at 7pts and rushing TD's start 5pts.

I think its obvious that if Williams has any set backs with his foot, Pittman is the best choice.

Dayne will get some carries but it is very hard to have faith in what his role will be, as he was not even called upon until late in the fourth quarter last week *and* Anderson is still the named starter.

Perry is the lowest risk play of them all, as you are guaranteed to get some involvement. He'll touch the ball 10 times, minimum. But you've gotta consider his opponent this week. The Bears DEF is looking tough, which may impact how productive Perry is with his opportunities.