[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy Strategy

msmith379

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Glad I've never been in that position or some folk I like around here would really be mad at me.  Guess that's one to grow on in a few of my leagus.

I don't consider it anything you guys do but at least I'll know what decision I should make if I'm ever in leagues with you two.  I'll honor your feeling on this one even though I couldn't disagree more.

1181288[/snapback]

Club, I've known you for a long time. I know you're an unethical f*cker. It is what it is. :D

My main problem with this is that it can potentially affect an other owner. Say you bust your ass all year, and are in the playoff hunt. Now someone tanks a game by benching LT and Palmer and Harrison, allowing another team to win, and that team gets into the playoffs instead of you. How is that not complete f*cking horsesh*t?

He is in a league that he paid for, WHY, please tell me WHY, he doesn't do what would help him win the league?

Do you people have a major problem when in week 17 the top NFL teams bench their players to rest them with playoffs spots still at large?(don't think about your FF teams for once.)

One good example is last year, the Steelers benched their only RB's, leaving unknown Fast Willie, agianst the Bills, who needed a win to make the playoffs, and the Steelers still won.

If he wants to play the higher seed, let him go for it, if he is supposed to be punished for his choices, he will lose....

But my main point being, HE PAID, HIS DECISIONS....He shouldn't have to worry about other teams....

One good example is last year, the Steelers benched their only RB's, leaving unknown Fast Willie, agianst the Bills, who needed a win to make the playoffs, and the Steelers still won.

1181315[/snapback]

This example is for slows.

In the NFL, when you have a secured playoff spot, you rest starters because they can get injured. Also, the wear and tear on players over the course of the season is considerable. The same does not hold true for fantasy football squads.

And yes, an entrance fee was paid; but I would wager when joining the league there was a fair bit of expectation that ethical play was the rule of the day. If you are afraid of another team and want to tank a game...why bother playing?

Rosie O'Donnell.

He is in a league that he paid for, WHY, please tell me WHY, he doesn't do what would help him win the league?

Do you people have a major problem when in week 17 the top NFL teams bench their players to rest them with playoffs spots still at large?(don't think about your FF teams for once.)

If he wants to play the higher seed, let him go for it, if he is supposed to be punished for his choices, he will lose....

But my main point being, HE PAID, HIS DECISIONS....He shouldn't have to worry about other teams....

1181315[/snapback]

League integrity. Ethics. Fairness. To name a few. Don't compare the NFL to fantasy football, they are two completely seperate entities.

This example is for slows. 

In the NFL, when you have a secured playoff spot, you rest starters because they can get injured.  Also, the wear and tear on players over the course of the season is considerable.  The same does not hold true for fantasy football squads.

And yes, an entrance fee was paid; but I would wager when joining the league there was a fair bit of expectation that ethical play was the rule of the day.  If you are afraid of another team and want to tank a game...why bother playing?

Rosie O'Donnell.

1181363[/snapback]

I just don't think that by making your way through the playoffs through an easier path is unethical......

Why must people be vulgar and ignorant on here by using foul language? That is just classless....Everyone is just giving their opinions, being classless is uncalled for.

Not on my high horse buddy, how am I supposed to know who knows each other?  I just assumed that you were one of "those guys".  My bad!!!!!

1181415[/snapback]

That should probably be your approach for some time then until you get to know the Huddlers. Ignorant, vulgar, classless, whatever the case may be, there are many Huddlisms, etc. that need to be recognized.

1181315[/snapback]

That analogy is ridiculous. Setting aside the whole injury thing (which is a cogent point)...

the second teamers go out and try to win the game.

Unlike the douchebag FF owner who is trying to lose,

That analogy is ridiculous.  Setting aside the whole injury thing (which is a cogent point)...

the second teamers go out and try to win the game.

Unlike the douchebag FF owner who is trying to lose,

1181422[/snapback]

Why must you be vulgar, ignorant, and classless Furd? My guess is you hate America. :D

Not on my high horse buddy, how am I supposed to know who knows each other?  I just assumed that you were one of "those guys".  My bad!!!!!

1181415[/snapback]

Because if you read any of my posts, you'd know how I conduct myself around here. If I were to call someone CLASSLESS, I would do a little research first. But maybe that's just me. We also have these little icons, as I put in my post, indicating that I was kidding around.

A bit of advice from me to you, and you can take it or leave it: Get a thicker skin, some of the responses that offended youwere relatively mild. This is an anonymous football board, where people can get downright rude. If it bothers you, you won't enjoy your time around here. Let it go, you'll be better off. Also, get to know some of the regulars by reading posts around here, particularly in the main football forum, and you'll soon see that there are a lot of people that have a lot to offer around here.

Just FYI. Good luck with your endeavors.

Wow I never would have thought that coming up with such a crazy strategy would have spurred this must converstation.

1. You would think that having the #1 seed would be the easiest path to the playoffs. It is not going to be in my league this year. Having the #2 seed is going to have the easiest path. To be perfectly honest being the #3 seed is probably the easist because the likely #6 seed has lost Priest and TO and hasn't won a game since the week they were gone.

2. I play with a bunch of friends who if they think of this they would do it if they were in my situation. One of the reason I probably won't play next year is I am moving to a new job in a new city and it will be harder to be involved with it.

3. I think trying to find the biggest advantage to lead my to the championship is my right to take if I can find it. I do agree that if do go through with this Karma may come back and bite me in the ass.

4. The person I am playing this week is already in the playoffs so the only thing is will affect is seeding it will not affect any teams trying to make the playoffs.

5. I work for the government so i am an unethical fatherless male. HAHA.

In all honesty, its a big risk to take and thats why I came on here to see what everyone would think about it. Thank you for your thoughts I will keep you posted on Monday if I decide to do it or not.

Because if you read any of my posts, you'd know how I conduct myself around here. If I were to call someone CLASSLESS, I would do a little research first. But maybe that's just me. We also have these little icons, as I put in my post, indicating that I was kidding around.

A bit of advice from me to you, and you can take it or leave it: Get a thicker skin, some of the responses that offended youwere relatively mild. This is an anonymous football board, where people can get downright rude. If it bothers you, you won't enjoy your time around here. Let it go, you'll be better off. Also, get to know some of the regulars by reading posts around here, particularly in the main football forum, and you'll soon see that there are a lot of people that have a lot to offer around here.

Just FYI. Good luck with your endeavors.

1181432[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice!!!!! I do have thick skin, just didn't understand why some people are rude when others are just giving their opinions........I didn't realize that it got like that, but trust me, I will be ready for it!!!

Thanks again, Hugh One!

5.  I work for the government so i am an unethical fatherless male.  HAHA.

In all honesty, its a big risk to take and thats why I came on here to see what everyone would think about it.  Thank you for your thoughts I will keep you posted on Monday if I decide to do it or not.

1181434[/snapback]

Mr. Bush?

This is funny sh!t.

He's in a position to enhance his matchup, why not? He's not giving up on his season and abandoning his lineups. He thinks he can press his advantage by using what he's built up and spending a little of it. It isn't unethical like so many charge here. Sure, it'll blow up in his face with all the poetic justice of an atomic bomb but it's good to be the king when you're the king. Wouldn't get invited back? You guys are the Rosie O'Donnell....

A few weeks ago I traded Tiki Barber to the last place team after I whupped him for Tony Gonzalez and the Jags. I had no 3rd WR (Randle-El) or decent D (Stl and NE). He had 2 of my division opponents left to play. I gave up a true STUD to lock up my division (as I was 3 games up) and focus solely on my weeks 15+16 matchups. So far, so good as I won my division last week, as he beat both guys these past 3 weeks. I gave up a lot to get a more rounded team AND a playoff bid. Is that really any different? I had a lead, had an expendable RB (also have SA and Taylor/Jones) and saw an opening. It wasn't a giveaway trade but it wasn't even-Steven either. I don't have Barber for the playoffs, but the Jags RB's Tony G and the jax D to go with Stl. I put myself in a better position to win and gave up something for it. I didn't do it through lineups shenanigins, but everyone was ok with the trade because we all know all's fair in FF as long as you are trying to win a championship and are actually PAYING ATTENTION to what it might take.

Thanks for the advice!!!!! I do have thick skin, just didn't understand why some people are rude when others are just giving their opinions........I didn't realize that it got like that, but trust me, I will be ready for it!!!

Thanks again, Hugh One!

1181441[/snapback]

Glad to help. It is what I do. :D