[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Quick Picks

Menudo

My record is 2-3, I am facing the 1st placer diviosnal opponent this week coming up

My team consists of: in a standard scoring league

6 points for rec/rush td

1 point per every 10 yards rec/rush

3 points for passing TD

1 point per 20 yards passing

QB: Brady

Pennington

RB: Edge

Julius Jones

Reggie Bush

Duce Staley

WR: Chad Johnson

Terry Glenn

Reggie Brown

Bernard Berrian

Lavernues Coles

TE: Witten

Wiggins

K: Vanderjact

Giants kicker

def: Minn

NYG

I have had several trade offers and need help on weighing my options: I am leaning more towards option B, if I choose b I will give brady in the deal too

A) McGahee, Lee Evans, and Lamont Jordan for chad johnson and edge

B)Peyton Manning, Tatum Bell, Doug Gabriel for Johnson and edge

C) Corey Dillon and Steve Smith for JOhnson and edge

D) Drew Bress, Kevin jones, randy moss, ben watson for Johnson and edge

E) Eli Manning, chester taylor, and Braylon Edwards for johnson and Edge

I like option B the best

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some WDIS's for you Menudo...sorry about the length, but I've got some issues this week

12 team league, PPR (also 1 point per completion), 20 yards per passing point, -1 point per sack taken, standard otherwise

I've got Eli and he's obviously been extremely productive for me with this league's QB-friendly format. He's ranked 8th overall, but when you factor in his bye, he'd likely be ahead of all but one guy (McNabb). However, he's got the tough ATL D this week. So, Eli and my WW options look like this:

Eli (@Atl)

Plummer (vs. Oak)

Losman (@ Det)

Harrington (@ NYJ)

Huard (@ Pit)

Plummer and Losman both have favorable matchups, but neither QB inspires much confidence in me. Harrington's really not even an option IMO. Huard's played great, but faces a solid Pittsburg D and I believe he could be w/o LJ this week. I'm overthinking this and should stick w/Eli, right? If not, my only real options to drop are Brad Johnson (who's a top 15 scorer in this league), Reggie Williams, and either KC or Seattle's D.

10 team league, NON-ppr/ppc, 50 passing yards per point, 20 yards per point for rushing and receiving, standard otherwise

I'm just gonna post my whole lineup, because bye are decimating me this week.

QB- Plummer

RB - R. Johnson, SJax

WR - J. Walker, Rod Smith, Roy Williams

TE - Heap

W/R - no one yet

K - Kaeding

D - Carolina

bench - D. Williams, (Wayne, Gabriel, Brad Johnson, C. Taylor, Favre, NE D all on byes)

1) I picked up Smith on waivers yesterday. Am I asking for trouble w/3 Denver offensive players? Again, a great matchup w/Oakland's D, but their O hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard this year.

2) Depending on your answer to #1, I'll need either a W/R or a W/R and a WR. Some of the more attractive names on the WW include:

Moulds or Dayne (@ Dal)

McCardell or Parker (@ SF)

Randle El or Lloyd (vs. Ten)

Jenkings or Lelie or Norwood (vs. NYG)

Kennison (@ Pitt)

Henderson (vs. Phi)

Barlow (vs. Mia)

R. Davis (@ Ari)

Engram (@ Stl)

Baskett or Buckhalter (@ NO)

Price (@ Det)

Welker (@ NYJ)

And if you're not crazy about Plummer, the QBs that are available: Smith (SD), Huard (@Pit), Losman (@Det), McNair (Car), Gradowski (Cin), Harrington (@NYJ).

10 team league, PPR, .5 PPC, 10 yards per rush and receiving point, 30 per pass (and 3 pt bonus for 100, 150, and 300 yard games, respectively)

In this one, thanks to byes and Fitz's injury, I've got Evans as my only WR and still need another. I proposed a trade to one guy in my league, me giving up Shockey (I picked up Cooley off WW last night) in return for Reggie Brown, but the guy who I'm trying to trade with is notorious for taking forever to respond to trades (if at all), so I have to play this like I don't have Brown.

The WRs available include the guys on the list above, as well as Bryant (SD), and Br. Johnson (Chi). Oh yeah, Rod Smith too.

Also, I'll be sitting Edge in favor of Gore, McGahee, and K. Jones. Gotta sit him against the Chicago D, right?

Sorry for the essay, but as you can see I've got some dilemmas this week....

Eli

Nope, start all 3 Broncos against the Raiders

Pick-up Rod Smith, and yes, sit Edge

Bye week/Injury replacements needed at RB and WR for this week, and maybe into the future... So I've got a couple of questions for you.

1) Rank these FA options for this week and the rest of the year.

FA RB options are:

CBenson @ Arz

THenry @ Wash

LWashington vs Mia

FA WR options are:

Bryant Johnson vs Chi

Battle vs SD

Basket @ NO

Reggie Brown @ NO

Welker @ Jets

2) I obviously need at least a WR this week. So who would you drop to pick up any of the above FAs?

3) If I get one of the FA RBs, who is my second starter (Jacobs, White, or FA)?

Thanks for any help. Team and scoring info in sig.

1. T. Henry

2. L. Washington

3. C. Benson

1. Reggie Brown

2. Welker

3. Bryant Johnson

4. Battle

5. Baskett

2) White

3) Jacobs

Edited by Menudo

Menudo

Requested input last week on a trade of Chad Johnson for Gates & Branch................I have Johnson along with Holt,Roy, T Williamson and Cothery. I turned the trade down per your advice.

Now he has offered Edge,Gates and Branch for Gore and CJ. Just alittle worried on Gore holding up. I have T Jones, Maroney, Benson, Turner and Gore. Thanks for your input. Enjoy it each week

Take the trade.

Which 3 do I start?

Berriman vs Arizona

Housh vs TBay

Javon Walker vs Oak

P Burress vs Atlanta

Jerricho Cotchery vs Miami

Right now I'm leaning toward Berriman, Housh and Walker.. Am I wrong?

Please pick your best 3

Thanks

Berriman

Housh

Walker

Std Performance scoring:

Contemplating:

Drop Fitz and PU Berrian WR from Chicago?

My Receiver corps are Holt, DJAX, Fitz, Housh.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't, unless you have someone else to drop for Berrian.

Who would you rather keep - T.Henry or R.Droughns? Trade on the table....

I can keep Henry for two more seasons after this one. I can keep Droughns for one more year. I think there is only about a 20% chance Henry is the starter in Tennessee next season - L.White should be the man. However, Henry could be dealt somewhere else. Question is, will another team truly see Henry as a feature back at his age?

Droughns is what he is - an average feature back. He is also a good, not great fantasy flex RB. But, he is the outright starter with upside next year as his O-line has been decimated this season. Assuming he is the feature back next season, he is valuable in fantasy because he is a starting, top 24 RB that does not share the load.

I am leaning towards Droughns for one more year rather than Henry for two. Obviously, I would pick up Harrison as insurance.

Thoughts?

12 team redraft, standard perf. scoring, no PPR

Roster is:

Bulger, Vick

T.Barber, F.Taylor, D.Rhodes, M.Morris, D.Williams

Fitz, Housh, G.Jennings, R.Brown, R.Smith

H.Miller

I give:

Rhodes

Barber

Vick

For

P.Manning

McGahee

R.Moss

I don't really need the QB help though Peyton is tough to turn down, Mcgahee possibly a slight upgrade over Tiki

Thoughts?

Pass on this trade.

Standard Performance + TD scoring (no PPR)... which one of these two WR's should I start?

Jerricho Cotchery (NYJ) vs. Miami

or

Reggie Brown (PHI) @ NO

Reggie Brown

Menudo,

Should I make this trade? Does it help my team. Weakens my WR's, but helps my RB's. Correct?

I trade Holt and Leon Washington for (1 of these RB's) Tatum Bell or Edge or Thomas Jones or Reggie Bush and TJ Houz.

Based on lineup, should I pull the trigger and what RB would you match up with Houz??

I would do the trade for T. Bell & Housh

Menudo, two questions for you. I'm in a 10 man standard scoring league, no PPR, no keepers etc...

Must start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF.

Question one- Who do I start at RB this week and why? Please pick 2.

Westbrook vs NO

Tiki vs ATL

McGahee vs DET

Edge vs CHI

Question two- Hasselbeck is out on the trade bait wire and the guy is looking for RB help. Do I give up one of my 4 studs and go after Hasselbeck because of my QB situation. And if I do, which one? Westy and Edge are on bye week 9. Below is my roster.

QB: Bledsoe

RB: Tiki, Westy, Edge, McGahee

WR: TO, Wayne, Jennings, Evans, Keyshawn, Cothery

K: Kaeding

DEF: CHI, PHI

The other guy also has Palmer and Grossman at QB, T. Jones, Deuce, and F. Taylor at RB

Westbrook

McGahee

Nope, stay put.

Pick 2

Gore vs SD

T Bell vs OAK

T Jones @ARI

I like Bell's matchup the best. It's hard to sit Gore and Jones @ARI is good too. Not sure which 2 to go with.

My other starters are

Bulger vs SEA

Boldin vs CHI

Colston vs PHI

Moulds @DAL

EJ vs SD

T. Bell

T. Jones

Who would you rather keep - T.Henry or R.Droughns? Trade on the table....

I can keep Henry for two more seasons after this one. I can keep Droughns for one more year. I think there is only about a 20% chance Henry is the starter in Tennessee next season - L.White should be the man. However, Henry could be dealt somewhere else. Question is, will another team truly see Henry as a feature back at his age?

Droughns is what he is - an average feature back. He is also a good, not great fantasy flex RB. But, he is the outright starter with upside next year as his O-line has been decimated this season. Assuming he is the feature back next season, he is valuable in fantasy because he is a starting, top 24 RB that does not share the load.

I am leaning towards Droughns for one more year rather than Henry for two. Obviously, I would pick up Harrison as insurance.

Thoughts?

Droughns

Give me the gut check on this one...

If I had started R. Smith Monday Night, I would have been 4-1 and #1 in my division. Now I share the top spot with three out of the 4 teams in a 3-2 tie for first.

okay...with that out of the way....

Start Rod Smith in DENVER against the 0-5 Raiders

or

Anquan Boldin with no Fitzgerald on the other side against the fricken crazy ass BEARS DEFENSE in AZ on MONDAY NIGHT!!

or

Mike Fuerry in DETROIT vs. Da Bills

or a long shot here would be to...

I could pick up Wes Welker (MIA @ the lowly Jets Defense) this dude has 27 receptions (8th place) he will get his TD soon.......Harrington is all over him...play from behind a lot, etc... he's become the go to guy lately...hmmm

my other starter is chad johnson...

any thoughts?

Menudo,

I am on a losing streak. Please help me pick my lineup.

Should I start Hasselbeck ( vs Stl) or Vick (vs NYG) this week?

And for my wideouts I have Andre Johnson starting. Should I start Isaac Bruce (vs. Sea) or Reggie Brown (vs NO)?

And I have a sore spot at running back. I have Steven Jackson starting. I have Chester Taylor on bye. My other back is Kevin Jones (vs. BUF) and Dominc Rhodes who is on bye.

Should I dump Jon Kitna for Cedric Benson, Mike Bell or Kevan Barlow who are the top 3 free agents left in my league.

Thanks a lot for your help!