[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tourney Official Thread

Vinatieri Is God

As for Dook, have to disagree, as the freefall has begun in Durham. Imagine a recruit looking at Cameron, Dean Dome or the RBC-this makes a difference now adays in getting next level talent and Duke should have already built am up to date facility.

I dunno, man - I think that to an extent having up-to-date practice and training facilities helps, but if you can sell the tradition of the actual arena, that can't hurt.

I don't see anyone bitching that ND stadium is too small and is however many years old (50, at least).

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

149 by Loyola Marymount in 1990

What was the final of that UNLV/LM game that year? The Rebs had to score something close to 149 - I just remember "UNLV 138, LM 115" rolling across the screen and getting this :D look on my face. LM came in and said "hey, we're gonna run!" and Tark's boys said "hmm, we don't suck at that, let's go"

You would have went 27-5 if you had picked all the higher seeds in the first round. Much better than my 22-10. :D

When I do multiple brackets, I usually have my "seed" bracket, my "RPI" bracket, and then my "do some actual research" bracket (on occasions, the "which mascot would win in a fight?" bracket has been rolled out).

This year, everything is going pretty according to Hoyle...so far. Everyone could be blown up by Sunday, as usual.

At least 15 of my Sweet 16 teams are still alive. I lost Georgia Tech. Had them beating UNLV and then Wisconsin who I read was struggling with injuries or something. I don't follow college b-ball so my picks were the result of a little last minute scanning of a couple websites for tidbits on some of the matchups.

I didn't really think my Illini would win, but the way they choked away that game was the single most disgusting event I've ever witnessed.

What a bunch of bums and they play just like their coach. S-O-F-T

I agree. I'd rather lose by 30 than choke a game away like my alma mater did!!

I agree. I'd rather lose by 30 than choke a game away like my alma mater did!!

I would rather my team school sit at home like they are than to lose by 30 or choke a game in the tourney especially if they do not have a legit shot to make it to the sweet 16. I'm against expanding the field anymore just to maye get another upset or two. In fact, I would be more in favor of reducing it, although I can live with the 64 plus 1.

As B said earlier-I hope the Ref's will let them bang today and BC will stay right with them, but if BC has to back off because of Ref Ticky Tack, then this plays into GTowns favor-but I have GTown in my $$$ pool for the FF, but my heart is with my ACC brethren from Bawstan.

Long day of drinking yesterday and, while all the games were on TV at the bar, my focus was all over the place. VA looked good from what I saw. GT should have won, I thought. Glad to see Winthrop break through. They are pretty good. Memphis is going to lose to Nevada, I think. They will kill themselves from the FT line. Tenn / Long Beach wasn't on our feed at all but that must have been a helluva game to watch. Anyone?

As B said earlier-I hope the Ref's will let them bang today and BC will stay right with them, but if BC has to back off because of Ref Ticky Tack, then this plays into GTowns favor-but I have GTown in my $$$ pool for the FF, but my heart is with my ACC brethren from Bawstan.

First BC isn't your ACC brethren. They're a bunch of Big East turncoats. Second, Georgetown is going to crush them inside.

A lack of intentional foul on Greg Oden of Ohio State was very disturbing. He shoved an Xavier player to the ground right in front of the officials and they let it pass. It didn't matter that he had just fouled out. Not good IMO.

My first bracket is about collapse as Ohio State is in the process of going down the crapper.

Eh, it's only a Final Four team for me - most pools I've won I've only had two of the four anyway. Sucks to lose one so early though.

A lack of intentional foul on Greg Oden of Ohio State was very disturbing. He shoved an Xavier player to the ground right in front of the officials and they let it pass. It didn't matter that he had just fouled out. Not good IMO.

If you didn't say it, I would have.

That was as intentional of a foul I've ever seen and they should have called it that way.

Except they hacked the crap out of the OSU player with the ball twice with no call in the preceeding moments.

Except they hacked the crap out of the OSU player with the ball twice with no call in the preceeding moments.

It's one thing to let them play, it's another to ignore flagrant fouls. Basically the refs were saying anything short of foreign objects would be allowed. One of the Xavier players should have sucker punched someone then.

Barely extended his arms. Besides, Harris got taken down on the offensive rebound and I didn't see any call there.

Look, it was a frustration foul but he clearly wasn't making a play on the ball, he was just shoving the guy. That's the definition of an intentional foul. It should have been called that way.

It's one thing to let them play, it's another to ignore flagrant fouls. Basically the refs were saying anything short of foreign objects would be allowed. One of the Xavier players should have sucker punched someone then.

Maybe X's head coach shoulda gone all Classy Freddie Blassie and clocked Oden with a chair when the refs weren't looking.