[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5th Annual Huddle Bowl

theeohiostate

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck is going on with the FLA teams? That whole state has let me down, Gore-like, esp. the Gators. I haven't used Excel or a calculator yet, but I think I might be out of it already, since my last few picks are too popular. Dammit - oh well, at least USC looked good tonight....

Man oh man, Cincy's on my azz! I'm gonna need to root against my own picks VaTech and Tulane. And of course the LSU/OSU game will be huge. :wacko: Ahhhhhhh I think I'm fading at the finish. :D

coffeeman is right behind you guys and with LSU big he also is still in it :D

Edit again: I think Kevin has a shot to shoot up, too.

I think I realize a strategy here. It does you no good to pick an upset with low confidence. If you lose, you lose big points to everybody who went with the chalk pick. If you win, you don't gain much.

Regardless, I'm out, there's no way I can catch Cincy.

Good job guys, thanks TOSU for running the game.

I think I realize a strategy here. It does you no good to pick an upset with low confidence. If you lose, you lose big points to everybody who went with the chalk pick. If you win, you don't gain much.

Yep, I realized that too late as well. But I still have a shot - go KAN and go LSU...

Edited by Coffeeman

I have way too much time on my hands, I just figured out a scenario where Puddy can win it all. So as far as i can tell, Darin with 2 key losses (ou & tul) and his other 3 win, Cincy needs to get 4 out of 5 right (maybe only 3 if osu wins) Coffeeman needs to run the table, i think and Puddy needs a miracle kan, bgu and ou, rut & lsu win.

I can't take any more numbers :D:D:wacko::D

I didn't use strategery I just attempted to pick the correct winner.

[jimcarey] So you're sayin' I have a chance!!! [/jimcarey]

Yep, i was trying to figure out if my #2 team had a chance with a Kansas win and noticed you had them too. So if the games fall just right you will win by 2 pts.

Man oh man... now if Kansas can pull an upset like WVU's and LSU takes care of business, I will stave y'all off.

:D I'm screwwed.

Edit: Or if Bowling Green can upset Tulsa.... another chance.

Edited by darin3

Thanks to Chokelahoma, I think Cincy has it in the bag. That makes 4 out of 5 BCS bowls - way to go Bob. Now if 2 of the next 3 are big upsets and LSU wins, I can still edge him out - I used Excel this time. (Unless I made an error in the formulas.) Crazier things have happened in a flat out crazy year for NCAA football, but odds are not in my favor.

Go KS, Ball and LSU!

Edited by Coffeeman

Thanks to Chokelahoma, I think Cincy has it in the bag. That makes 4 out of 5 BCS bowls - way to go Bob. Now if 2 of the next 3 are big upsets and LSU wins, I can still edge him out - I used Excel this time. (Unless I made an error in the formulas.) Crazier things have happened in a flat out crazy year for NCAA football, but odds are not in my favor.

Go KS, Ball and LSU!

Good luck but LSU will get beat by Ohio State.

Ladies and Gents, we have 3 games and 8 possible scenarios left, and we have a 3 horse race between cincyslammers, darin and yours truly. Cincy is in the catbird seat on 5 of the 8 outcomes. To wit:

If Rutgers and Tulsa both win over the weekend, then cincy wins no matter the outcome of Monday night's NC game. His highest possible score is 824 if he nails them all.

If Rutgers wins on Saturday, Cincy will win in 3 of the remaining 4 scenarios (Tulsa+OSU or LSU, or Bowling Green+OSU). Darin has the other possible scenario (Bowling Green + LSU) wrapped up, winning with 746 points.

But if Ball State can somehow win on Saturday, here it can get interesting (for me! yes, I'm selfish that way) for the remaining 4 outcomes:

#1 and #2 - Cincy wins if the Buckeyes win Monday, regardless of the Tulsa/BGU winner

#3 - Darin wins if then BGU and LSU win

#4 - Coffeeman wins if Tulsa and LSU win

So...go Ball State, go Tulsa and geaux LSU!

oops - fixed. If you saw the orig., I put BG instead of Tulsa. Dammitt...

Edited by Coffeeman

Thanks for the breakdown. I know cincy called me last night and was pissed the KU won, or i think that would have elimanated someone ?

Yeah, I think it would've won it all for him, as Cincy had high points for VaTech (25) vs. me at 16 and Darin's 8. The door stays open a little longer - I think it adds some more drama and excitement, don't you? :D

:D

Well it comes down to this....

I have "mojo" on my side.

The street where I grew up (~20 years of my life, where my parents still live) is BOWLING GREEN Drive (named after the college).

and....

My wife is from Louisiana and her family's chock full of LSU fans.

Well it comes down to this....

I have "mojo" on my side.

The street where I grew up (~20 years of my life, where my parents still live) is BOWLING GREEN Drive (named after the college).

and....

My wife is from Louisiana and her family's chock full of LSU fans.

Ya got anything for Ball? Uh wait, I've got two of those too - nevermind. As for Tulsa, they were one of only a few schools that sent me brochures after that PSAT form thingy I filled out decades ago. Always keep a soft spot for them because of that....

Edited by Coffeeman