[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

I don't think that anyone has answered this question. GB is moving along with Rodgers and having Favre come back screws up their team this year and for the future.

How do other teams fit Favre into their plans easier than GB? Is Minny secretly waiting for their knight in shining armour to show up? Are they just going through the motions at training camp until Favre shows up?

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't argue with that, other than having the ring allows one to ignore a whole lot of crap no matter who is saying it. Winning the SB would also allow MIN to crow about how they pulled one over on GB and snookered them into providing the piece that put them over the top.

I have to agree that GB fans would have a hard time talking smack to Min fans if Favre were to lead them to a SB win. I mean, that would mean that GB failed to do so themselves which is all Min fans would need to remind them of.

True. But the odds of him not taking us are far greater than him taking us. Huge risk for management especially because the damage to T-Jax's psyche would be beyond repair, IMO. Chilly has staked his rep on T-Jax, not that he couldn't point out that he is getting a HOF QB who is coming off a hugh season Etc.

I have to agree that GB fans would have a hard time talking smack to Min fans if Favre were to lead them to a SB win. I mean, that would mean that GB failed to do so themselves which is all Min fans would need to remind them of.

Except that GB won a SB with Favre as QB...

I don't think that anyone has answered this question. GB is moving along with Rodgers and having Favre come back screws up their team this year and for the future.

How do other teams fit Favre into their plans easier than GB? Is Minny secretly waiting for their knight in shining armour to show up? Are they just going through the motions at training camp until Favre shows up?

I would think there is at least 5 or 6 teams, with some of the pices in place (QB not being one) who could bring Favre in, let him learn the playbook, take 2nd team reps, and potentially make a run at a playoff spot.

True. But the odds of him not taking us are far greater than him taking us. Huge risk for management especially because the damage to T-Jax's psyche would be beyond repair, IMO. Chilly has staked his rep on T-Jax, not that he couldn't point out that he is getting a HOF QB who is coming off a hugh season Etc.

Given that T-Jax doesn't look like a starting NFL QB anyway, I'd make a serious run at Brett.

True but after one year with Brett they are right back where they started and do they really need the drama that will be involved? I think Salvage stated it earlier... it's a no win situation as if we win the SB the Packer nation will remind us that it took a Packer to finally get us a win and if we don't it's a We told you he was past his prime!!

Wow.

You really think winning a SB with Brett Favre is a no-win for you? Just 'cause "Packer Nation" could say it took a Packer to finally win one?

Really? Are you NFC North people that petty? Who gives a furry flying f-ck? If he's playing for the Vikings, that makes him a Viking in my book. People change teams all the time.

Star Tribune Blog:

Childress: There hasn’t been contact with Packers

August 4th, 2008 – 12:17 PM by Judd Zulgad

MANKATO — Coach Brad Childress said the Vikings have not had any contact with the Green Bay Packers about a potential trade involving Brett Favre. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported today that Green Bay officials called the Vikings late last week.

“Bob [Hagan, the Vikings director of public relations] showed me that article last night,” Childress said. “I was in a personnel meeting with Rick [spielman] and George Paton until 11 o’clock with the coaches. I have a pretty good idea how that [article] went down but you can shape the environment however you want one way or the other. We haven’t had any contact with them.”

Favre has reported to the Packers and, according to reports, will be allowed to challenge Aaron Rodgers for the No. 1 job. The Packers at one point had said Favre would not be welcomed back as their starting quarterback and the veteran then asked for his release with the intention of joining the Vikings.

Childress pointed out the latest article on the situation was written by Bob McGinn, who had reported the Packers had team-issued cell phone records that showed Favre had contact with the Vikings. Green Bay, of course, has filed tampering charges against Minnesota. Since that report, others have said there was no team-issued cell phone.

“My comment would be, I think that’s the same journalist that wrote that there was a cell phone involved that the Packers gave [Favre],” Childress said.

As for Favre reporting to camp and being reinstated, Childress had little reaction. ”I’ve seen it but haven’t had a lot of discretionary time to sit and watch television or sit [in front of the] Internet,” he said.

Childress said he has not heard anything from the league regarding the tampering charges filed by the Packers. “I think they have everything from us that they need,” he said. Childress has been given no timeline on possible league reaction and doesn’t expect one. “[Commissioner Roger Goodell] has a lot of things on his plate, whether it’s the Hall of Fame or dealing with other issues,” Childress said. “He’ll get back to me when he needs to.”

Injury update: Veteran quarterback Gus Frerotte said he sat out today’s practice because of a sore back. Frerotte said he would be back tomorrow. Defensive end Brian Robison is in the Twin Cities today having his leg looked at by doctors. Childress would not get into specifics.

Star Tribune Blog:

Childress: There hasn’t been contact with Packers

August 4th, 2008 – 12:17 PM by Judd Zulgad

MANKATO — Coach Brad Childress said the Vikings have not had any contact with the Green Bay Packers about a potential trade involving Brett Favre. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported today that Green Bay officials called the Vikings late last week.

“Bob [Hagan, the Vikings director of public relations] showed me that article last night,” Childress said. “I was in a personnel meeting with Rick [spielman] and George Paton until 11 o’clock with the coaches. I have a pretty good idea how that [article] went down but you can shape the environment however you want one way or the other. We haven’t had any contact with them.”

Favre has reported to the Packers and, according to reports, will be allowed to challenge Aaron Rodgers for the No. 1 job. The Packers at one point had said Favre would not be welcomed back as their starting quarterback and the veteran then asked for his release with the intention of joining the Vikings.

Childress pointed out the latest article on the situation was written by Bob McGinn, who had reported the Packers had team-issued cell phone records that showed Favre had contact with the Vikings. Green Bay, of course, has filed tampering charges against Minnesota. Since that report, others have said there was no team-issued cell phone.

“My comment would be, I think that’s the same journalist that wrote that there was a cell phone involved that the Packers gave [Favre],” Childress said.

As for Favre reporting to camp and being reinstated, Childress had little reaction. ”I’ve seen it but haven’t had a lot of discretionary time to sit and watch television or sit [in front of the] Internet,” he said.

Childress said he has not heard anything from the league regarding the tampering charges filed by the Packers. “I think they have everything from us that they need,” he said. Childress has been given no timeline on possible league reaction and doesn’t expect one. “[Commissioner Roger Goodell] has a lot of things on his plate, whether it’s the Hall of Fame or dealing with other issues,” Childress said. “He’ll get back to me when he needs to.”

Injury update: Veteran quarterback Gus Frerotte said he sat out today’s practice because of a sore back. Frerotte said he would be back tomorrow. Defensive end Brian Robison is in the Twin Cities today having his leg looked at by doctors. Childress would not get into specifics.

I don't know according to DD (aka Bronco Billy) they have been in touch

I don't know according to DD (aka Bronco Billy) they have been in touch

It's called google. Even an idiot can do it. That may be why you don't understand.

A trade remains a possibility. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported on its Web site late Sunday night that the Packers have had preliminary contact with the Vikings on a potential trade for Favre.

linnk

After a statement released by the Packers said Favre would be involved in an open quarterback competition with Aaron Rodgers, a report in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel said the Packers contacted the Vikings on Friday about trading Favre, according to an anonymous source credited as “an executive in personnel for a National Football League team with close ties to clubs in the NFC North Division.

link

Packers, Vikings talking Favre trade

The Packers welcomed back quarterback Brett Favre from the reserve-retired list Sunday knowing full well that they've already taken the first step toward trading him to the Vikings. An executive in personnel for a National Football League team with close ties to clubs in the NFC North Division told the Journal Sentinel that the Packers called the Vikings on Friday informing them that Favre was available. "They've kind of said through one of their (front-office) guys that if Favre did report they would potentially trade him within the division," the executive said late Sunday afternoon. The source said the conversation between officials from the two bitter rivals was brief. There was no discussion about possible compensation.

link

Pack may have called Vikes about Favre

Green Bay Sideshow Brett Favre is apparently available to the Vikings in a trade. Word is that Packers execs called arch nemesis Minnesota on Friday to tell the team that Favre could be theirs in a trade. Word is that the conversation hasn't moved forward too much and that the Vikes will only trade for Favre with a fourth- or fifth-round pick. Seems like incentive to keep the Hall of Famer on the bench as a backup.

link

Among many others...

It's called google. Even an idiot can do it. That may be why you don't understand.

A trade remains a possibility. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported on its Web site late Sunday night that the Packers have had preliminary contact with the Vikings on a potential trade for Favre.

linnk

After a statement released by the Packers said Favre would be involved in an open quarterback competition with Aaron Rodgers, a report in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel said the Packers contacted the Vikings on Friday about trading Favre, according to an anonymous source credited as “an executive in personnel for a National Football League team with close ties to clubs in the NFC North Division.

link

Packers, Vikings talking Favre trade

The Packers welcomed back quarterback Brett Favre from the reserve-retired list Sunday knowing full well that they've already taken the first step toward trading him to the Vikings. An executive in personnel for a National Football League team with close ties to clubs in the NFC North Division told the Journal Sentinel that the Packers called the Vikings on Friday informing them that Favre was available. "They've kind of said through one of their (front-office) guys that if Favre did report they would potentially trade him within the division," the executive said late Sunday afternoon. The source said the conversation between officials from the two bitter rivals was brief. There was no discussion about possible compensation.

link

Pack may have called Vikes about Favre

Green Bay Sideshow Brett Favre is apparently available to the Vikings in a trade. Word is that Packers execs called arch nemesis Minnesota on Friday to tell the team that Favre could be theirs in a trade. Word is that the conversation hasn't moved forward too much and that the Vikes will only trade for Favre with a fourth- or fifth-round pick. Seems like incentive to keep the Hall of Famer on the bench as a backup.

link

Among many others...

Which, as baldy noted, all link back to the guy who made the cell phone claim, correct?