[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Ya Liking Manny Now Dodgers Fans?

Czarina

He's not even been there for two weeks and already, the fans of LA have been "Manny'd". I heard on the radio today that Manny is very excited at the prospect of possibly going to play for the Yankees next year. :wacko:

Manny's wishful thinking. No way you see Manny in Pinstripes next year.

Manny's wishful thinking. No way you see Manny in Pinstripes next year.

Dont be too sure about that. He is just the type of hugh salary end of his career guy the Yankees love

Edited by whomper

He's not even been there for two weeks and already, the fans of LA have been "Manny'd". I heard on the radio today that Manny is very excited at the prospect of possibly going to play for the Yankees next year. :wacko:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=441607

ETA: obviously, he'll end his career where he is offered the most money...

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Fixed

The Yanks are unloading a ton of salary at the end of this year IIRC. A big Carrot Like Manny will be very temtping. You could be right but I think they will throw some money at Manny .

Edited by whomper

The Yanks are unloading a ton of salary at the end of this year IIRC. A big Carrot Like Manny will be very temtping. You could be right but I think they will throw some money at Manny .

They have Abreau, X Man, Melky, Gardner and Christenson in the OF Damon if they bring him back. at DH they have whatever is leftover from the OF, Posada, and a slew of others. They will not take Manny just because he is Manny. They will hope he signs in the NL.

They have Abreau, X Man, Melky, Gardner and Christenson in the OF Damon if they bring him back. at DH they have whatever is leftover from the OF, Posada, and a slew of others. They will not take Manny just because he is Manny. They will hope he signs in the NL.

I think Manny is a big upgrade over all bolded and in a full season would produce more than Nady. They are going to take a long hard look at Manny Slayer, Mark my words.

I think Manny is a big upgrade over all bolded and in a full season would produce more than Nady. They are going to take a long hard look at Manny Slayer, Mark my words.

All bolded are CF, Manny wouldn't last a week in any field in Yankee Stadium, well New Yankee Stadium I'm not sure. Manny's only use is DH and they will not pay that kind of money for a Flakey, older Manny. At the very least I'm praying very hard that they do not do this move. I have faith that they have learned their lesson. Now Tex is a whole different story.

My only point in mentioning this to Dodger fans since Manny only just said the week before that he hoped to finish his career with them, etc. That's typical Manny.

The Dodgers gave little for him and when I saw the news of the trade I assumed it'd only be for this season. Oh by the way, I think he's batting about .480 since the trade.

The Dodgers gave little for him and when I saw the news of the trade I assumed it'd only be for this season. Oh by the way, I think he's batting about .480 since the trade.

And what's the Dodger's record? 5-5? Hmmm, good thing they weren't a .500 team before the trade so Manny could help them soooo much.

And what's the Dodger's record? 5-5? Hmmm, good thing they weren't a .500 team before the trade so Manny could help them soooo much.

The Dodgers suck. Is that your point? Look, I know you Boston fans are soured on the guy and I totally understand. L.A. gave nothing for the guy, and they're 1 game out of 1st place. It was a GREAT trade for L.A. How can you argue that it was'nt?

Like I said before, I assumed when the trade went through that he'd only be here for this season. If he helps the Dodgers get in the playoffs and win the 1st round or even a playoff game for God's sake it was well worth the price they paid to get him.

The Dodgers suck. Is that your point? Look, I know you Boston fans are soured on the guy and I totally understand. L.A. gave nothing for the guy, and they're 1 game out of 1st place. It was a GREAT trade for L.A. How can you argue that it was'nt?

Like I said before, I assumed when the trade went through that he'd only be here for this season. If he helps the Dodgers get in the playoffs and win the 1st round or even a playoff game for God's sake it was well worth the price they paid to get him.

that is true. got him for free and are paying him nothing. and maybe some fans have the right expectations. but turn on espn and all you see is how great he's doing.

i'm just glad he's gone, is all..

Abreau won't be a Yankee next year. They traded for Nady so they can let Bobby walk.

As a Dbacks fan, I was slightly concerned with this move. However it's the starting pitching (nevermind the addition of Adam Dunn) that will not only carry the Dbacks to the NL West title, but deep into the postseason.

No better top 3 in todays game - Webb, Haren, Johnson

Abreau won't be a Yankee next year. They traded for Nady so they can let Bobby walk.

Don't be betting on that. They also said by mid season Cano would be batting third and Abreau would be seventh. They acquired Nady due to Damon, Matsui, and Posda all being question marks this and next year. Abreau Is probably their offensive MVP this year. not counting A Rod

• 4 weeks later...