[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

like groundhog day every time I see this headline

Azazello1313

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, nobody else was quoted, and this is his thread. It wasn't total non-linear reasoning on my part. :wacko:

Josh Gordon use has been attributed to causing short term and long term paranoia and psychosis and the 2 comments above me were about Brent smoking Josh Gordon. Brent makes a lot of posts about how the sky is falling.

:D:D

typically, in order for one person to buy, another has to sell. you can't really have one without the other.

Beat me to it.

Of course, it could all be an Obama plot where his henchmen are stealing all these shares. :wacko:

Yea, I get that. I really do. I have an inkling of what is going on...and then I listen to you guys...

it makes sense that you dont get it. your side has always used the govt to bail you out when things get sh1ty. well your lovable govt is bankrupt. your bailouts are toast.

Does anyone else suspect that some entity (US government, China?) is propping up the stock market? No matter what you believe drives the market, it makes no sense that the market continues to climb every single day - NONE. There's nothing fundamentally to suggest a continued climbing market and it's already been shown that normal investors are not investing right now. So who/what is propping it up?

Well there was news in recent weeks of certain indicators being up - purchasing managers index coming to mind. Also, I suspect that most people expect the recovery will be similar to previous recoveries. Thus to them, the recovery is now on and employment will catch up in 6-12 months.

it makes sense that you dont get it. your side has always used the govt to bail you out when things get sh1ty. well your lovable govt is bankrupt. your bailouts are toast.

That is so patently false, I am actually surprised. You have always been alarmist, but not part of the blatant lie crowd until now.

Regan grew the deficit

Bush 1 grew the deficit

Clinton created a surplus

Bush 2 wiped out the surplus, and grew the deficit

Obama grew the deficit (so far).

So 4 ouf of 5 of recent presidents grew the deficit and 3 of them were Repugs.

In Howard's view, nothing has changed. Howard thinks the U.S. is still careening down the road toward a hell of fiscal instability, over-indebtedness, ballooning budget deficits and interest payments, and declining living standards.

The U.S. is broke, Howard says. The current "sucker's rally" will end up like all the sucker's rallies that have tormented Japan for the past two decades. It will be a false dawn that will momentarily distract everyone from the enormous fiscal challenges we face ... and then reality will take hold again.

We won't be able to get out of our pickle without tremendous pain, Howard says. The American people are figuring that out. And the American people won't stand for the status quo anymore.

That is so patently false, I am actually surprised. You have always been alarmist, but not part of the blatant lie crowd until now.

Regan grew the deficit

Bush 1 grew the deficit

Clinton created a surplus

Bush 2 wiped out the surplus, and grew the deficit

Obama grew the deficit (so far).

So 4 ouf of 5 of recent presidents grew the deficit and 3 of them were Repugs.

Well, you're both wrong because I'd say Tip O'Neill and Newt Gingrich figure into those equations somewhere as well.

Well, you're both wrong because I'd say Tip O'Neill and Newt Gingrich figure into those equations somewhere as well.

And wasn't it Carter that actually started the out-of-control deficits?

The evidence almost seems to say we're better off with democrat executive and republican legislature.

And wasn't it Carter that actually started the out-of-control deficits?

The evidence almost seems to say we're better off with democrat executive and republican legislature.

:wacko:

http://home.adelphi.edu/sbloch/deficits.html

How's the purple sky on your planet? Or are you just being a bald faced liar who knows better? :irishwink:

So it's better to just pretend it's not there and not discuss it?

I realize how close we were to a collapse and acknowledge we aren't out of the woods; so I think there is a chance of chit hitting the fan. The problem is that you, Avernus, and dmarc are alarmists who are waaay to sure of yourselves; without bringing enough or hardly any legitimate weight of evidence discussion to the table. Furthermore, you believe in alien overlords, Avernus thinks cottage cheese and fish oil cures cancer, and marctard spends all day in his Grandma's basement listening to a police scanner.

I realize how close we were to a collapse and acknowledge we aren't out of the woods; so I think there is a chance of chit hitting the fan. The problem is that you, Avernus, and dmarc are alarmists who are waaay to sure of yourselves; without bringing enough or hardly any legitimate weight of evidence discussion to the table. Furthermore, you believe in alien overlords, Avernus thinks cottage cheese and fish oil cures cancer, and marctard spends all day in his Grandma's basement listening to a police scanner.

yep, i was wrong in 07 when i said to sell everything. dang it.

truth. in constitutional theory AND in practice, congress is really where the rubber hits the road on spending restraint (or lack thereof).

Then why is Obama the anti-christ again? :wacko: Cause it rarely seems to be attacks against Congress on these boards, but rather on Obama.

Same thing with GWB . . the focus was on him, versus the congressional reps that actually made these things happen . ..

:wacko: I gotta say, you do bring the funny every once in awhile.