[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alabama v S Carolina

untateve

:wacko: You must have missed last year's bowl games:

BYU 44, Oregon State 20

Utah 37, Cal 27

USC 24, Boston College 13

UCLA 30, Temple 21

Nebraska 33, Arizona 0

Oklahoma 31, Stanford 27

Ohio State 26, Oregon 17

At least they beat BC and Temple.

:tup:

Right. the only teams that beat other Pac 10 teams are either other Pac 10 teams, or teams from conferences where defense is played.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BYU 44, Oregon State 20

Utah 37, Cal 27

UCLA 30, Temple 21

Nebraska 33, Arizona 0

Oklahoma 31, Stanford 27

Ohio State 26, Oregon 17

:tup: even better examples than my own.

BYU 44, Oregon State 20

Utah 37, Cal 27

UCLA 30, Temple 21

Nebraska 33, Arizona 0

Oklahoma 31, Stanford 27

Ohio State 26, Oregon 17

Professor is a clown. He always talks out his ass and doesnt let facts get in the way of his argument. Ive already tuned him out, which is why I didnt respond to his mindless drivel.....

I'm not trying to make anyone look bad... My point is simply that the conference vs. conference debate gets old, and most of the arguments involved in that discussion hold no water. Team A beats Team B, and Team B crushes Team C... that doesn't necessarily mean Team A will always beat Team C.

But, yeah, a lot of what is wrong with this forum is that too many people make brash generalizations, with very little substantial evidence to back up what they're claiming to be the case. I'll be the first to admit that the Pac-10 looks pretty good this year. But, they've looked pretty good in past years as well, and haven't always backed it up in bowl games (particularly last year). So, before we annoint any conference as the best, or second best, or whatever (not that any of that matters), let's wait and see if anybody in that conference can actually win a meaningful game out of conference (bowl game) before doing so.

At the end of the day, I couldn't care less how the Big 10 does... I'm a Minnesota fan, not a Big 10 fan. Always have been, always will be... it's in my blood. They may suck until long after I'm gone from this earth, but that will never change. I've even already got the maroon and gold onesie (not sure if that's how you spell that) for my two-week-old daughter, and damn it, she's gonna wear it as long as she fits into it. Good news for her is that she'll probably outgrow it long before she realizes it's "ugly", at least in her mother's opinion.

I will admit that I sometimes come to the defense of the Big 10, or the Midwest in general... I think that's only natural, especially when I live in the land of the Pac-10 jock sniffers (being a stone's throw from both Berkeley and Stanford). But, I can honestly say that I love the area that I am from, far more than the conference my team is from. If I were from CA, and moved to the Midwest, I would probably be just as annoyed with the people there. But, the bottom line is that I really do not like most of the Big 10 teams... Iowa, Purdue, Michigan, OSU, etc. Of course, maybe that's because the Gophers have lost their fair share of games to all of the above. :wacko:

Edit: Can't believe I left off the Badgers, when naming Big 10 teams I dislike. Spineless cowards pulled a "Harbaugh" this weekend and went for two, up by 20+ with a few minutes to go. Stay classy, Bret Bielema.

Edited by Gopher

I'm not trying to make anyone look bad... My point is simply that the conference vs. conference debate gets old, and most of the arguments involved in that discussion hold no water. Team A beats Team B, and Team B crushes Team C... that doesn't necessarily mean Team A will always beat Team C.

But, yeah, a lot of what is wrong with this forum is that too many people make brash generalizations, with very little substantial evidence to back up what they're claiming to be the case. I'll be the first to admit that the Pac-10 looks pretty good this year. But, they've looked pretty good in past years as well, and haven't always backed it up in bowl games (particularly last year). So, before we annoint any conference as the best, or second best, or whatever (not that any of that matters), let's wait and see if anybody in that conference can actually win a meaningful game out of conference (bowl game) before doing so.

At the end of the day, I couldn't care less how the Big 10 does... I'm a Minnesota fan, not a Big 10 fan. Always have been, always will be... it's in my blood. They may suck until long after I'm gone from this earth, but that will never change. I've even already got the maroon and gold onesie (not sure if that's how you spell that) for my two-week-old daughter, and damn it, she's gonna wear it as long as she fits into it. Good news for her is that she'll probably outgrow it long before she realizes it's "ugly", at least in her mother's opinion.

I will admit that I sometimes come to the defense of the Big 10, or the Midwest in general... I think that's only natural, especially when I live in the land of the Pac-10 jock sniffers (being a stone's throw from both Berkeley and Stanford). But, I can honestly say that I love the area that I am from, far more than the conference my team is from. If I were from CA, and moved to the Midwest, I would probably be just as annoyed with the people there. But, the bottom line is that I really do not like most of the Big 10 teams... Iowa, Purdue, Michigan, OSU, etc. Of course, maybe that's because the Gophers have lost their fair share of games to all of the above. :wacko:

Edit: Can't believe I left off the Badgers, when naming Big 10 teams I dislike. Spineless cowards pulled a "Harbaugh" this weekend and went for two, up by 20+ with a few minutes to go. Stay classy, Bret Bielema.

As usual, on the money.

pac10 usually beats up on pac10. but saying they ONLY get beat by each other isnt entirely accurate.

Yea, I exaggerated my point and mis-spoke a bit, but my general point was that year after year the Pac-10 have 4-5 teams that could or would be in the Top 20 by the end of the year if it wasn't for beating each other.

I will admit that I sometimes come to the defense of the Big 10, or the Midwest in general... I think that's only natural, especially when I live in the land of the Pac-10 jock sniffers (being a stone's throw from both Berkeley and Stanford). But, I can honestly say that I love the area that I am from, far more than the conference my team is from. If I were from CA, and moved to the Midwest, I would probably be just as annoyed with the people there. But, the bottom line is that I really do not like most of the Big 10 teams... Iowa, Purdue, Michigan, OSU, etc. Of course, maybe that's because the Gophers have lost their fair share of games to all of the above. :tup:

Great post :wacko:

I really don't get the conference arguments either. I'm a Penn State fan. I only care about the other Big Ten teams in regards to how they can help Penn State. Since PSU is going to struggle this year, how the rest of the Big Ten does means nothing.

Great post :wacko:

I really don't get the conference arguments either. I'm a Penn State fan. I only care about the other Big Ten teams in regards to how they can help Penn State. Since PSU is going to struggle this year, how the rest of the Big Ten does means nothing.

exactly. Dont we have too many posts about which conference has the larger penis around here. WHY? Who cares about one conference or another. And if you do, good for you. Most dont and we could care less than to see every post go in that direction.

exactly. Dont we have too many posts about which conference has the larger penis around here. WHY? Who cares about one conference or another. And if you do, good for you. Most dont and we could care less than to see every post go in that direction.

THe conference strength make sense.... That way you don't end up with some team going to the title game/BCS game simply because they are undefeated and then gets smoked by an "underdog", you know like OU has manged to do over the past 9 years.

THe conference strength make sense.... That way you don't end up with some team going to the title game/BCS game simply because they are undefeated and then gets smoked by an "underdog", you know like OU has manged to do over the past 9 years.

The only NC game OU lost as the favorite was against LSU in New Orleans and it was 21-14 final. not making excuses but our QB had a broken wrist from the game before and it took a defensive TD to decide the game. So yea they smoked us. Against FLA, we lost 24-14 in Miami. Something tells me things may have been a tad bit different if these were not virtual home games for our opponent. Especially the way we dominated the first half of the FLA game, and couldnt get TDs inside the FLA 10. Yea crowd noise wouldnt have anything to do with mistakes down there inside the red zone.

Against SC, we were #2, SC was #1

Against FLA, we were #2, FLa was #1.

And if you are referring to Boise St, they won by 1 in OT on a 2 pt conversion. Yea they smoked us.

As usual you bring nothing. And what would you know about a NC game other than watching the teams that smoke GA's ass get there every other year.

I knew I should have left you on ignore. Wont make this mistake again. Buh Bye

Every year that we go without a playoff system, we, as college football fans are cheated out of what would be as exciting as any other sports game/tournament in existence.

If there was an 8 team tournament, I would never miss a minute of any game. We are all being cheated out of something great.

Every year that we go without a playoff system, we, as college football fans are cheated out of what would be as exciting as any other sports game/tournament in existence.

If there was an 8 team tournament, I would never miss a minute of any game. We are all being cheated out of something great.

exactly.

and explain again how a playoff of 8 teams would diminish the regular season. Like we keep hearing on ESPN....

You dont think teams would be doing everything possible to get into that tourney. No automatic conference champions. top 8 in the BCS make the playoff. So if the the big bad SEC has 3 teams in the top 8, all 3 go. No ACC or Big East teams ever in this scenerio :wacko: And no free pass for Notre Dame. Top 8 in the BCS or you dont get in the playoff. First round games are played on higher ranked home field first week in December. Next round using the BCS bowls are played 2 weeks later, giving students time to finish finals which has been a lame excuse for years and alumni time to fill the stadium. NC game is played 2nd week in January, 3 weeks later at BCS bowl game site. Gives teams time to prepare like they do now, but not too much time one team can be rusty like a 44 day layoff Ohio St had when it played FLA a few years back.

Why again is this so hard to do. Its not, its about greed. Conferences that many of you speak so highly off are so greedy, they do not want to be left out of the huge money bowls so they vote against a playoff to gurantee one of their schools gets BCS money. Its a shame there isnt enough money to go around to give us what we want. I got it, why not make the networks pay huge money to televise the tourney. And that money is split between the big 6 conferences.

exactly.

and explain again how a playoff of 8 teams would diminish the regular season. Like we keep hearing on ESPN....

You dont think teams would be doing everything possible to get into that tourney. No automatic conference champions. top 8 in the BCS make the playoff. So if the the big bad SEC has 3 teams in the top 8, all 3 go. No ACC or Big East teams ever in this scenerio :wacko: And no free pass for Notre Dame. Top 8 in the BCS or you dont get in the playoff. First round games are played on higher ranked home field first week in December. Next round using the BCS bowls are played 2 weeks later, giving students time to finish finals which has been a lame excuse for years and alumni time to fill the stadium. NC game is played 2nd week in January, 3 weeks later at BCS bowl game site. Gives teams time to prepare like they do now, but not too much time one team can be rusty like a 44 day layoff Ohio St had when it played FLA a few years back.

Why again is this so hard to do. Its not, its about greed. Conferences that many of you speak so highly off are so greedy, they do not want to be left out of the huge money bowls so they vote against a playoff to gurantee one of their schools gets BCS money. Its a shame there isnt enough money to go around to give us what we want. I got it, why not make the networks pay huge money to televise the tourney. And that money is split between the big 6 conferences.

Exactly.....and allow those that don't make the tournament to continue to play their bowl games as they do now.

Exactly.....and allow those that don't make the tournament to continue to play their bowl games as they do now.

we need to get on the bat phone to Obama. I think we have figured out the biggest scandal in college sports. We should be on the govt payroll so we can fix the other messes around the globe... :wacko:

The only NC game OU lost as the favorite was against LSU in New Orleans and it was 21-14 final. not making excuses but our QB had a broken wrist from the game before and it took a defensive TD to decide the game. :tup: So yea they smoked us. Against FLA, we lost 24-14 in Miami. Something tells me things may have been a tad bit different if these were not virtual home games for our opponent. Especially the way we dominated the first half of the FLA game, and couldnt get TDs inside the FLA 10. Yea crowd noise wouldnt have anything to do with mistakes down there inside the red zone. :tup:

Against SC, we were #2, SC was #1

Against FLA, we were #2, FLa was #1.

And if you are referring to Boise St, they won by 1 in OT on a 2 pt conversion. Yea they smoked us. :wacko:

As usual you bring nothing. And what would you know about a NC game other than watching the teams that smoke GA's ass get there every other year. :lol:

I knew I should have left you on ignore. Wont make this mistake again. Buh Bye

Just checking to see if you really had me on ignore... you didn't, you lying sack-o-sh!t

Oh yeah, and we kicked the crap out of the mid-major Hawaii team we played in the BCS game...

Edited by SEC=UGA

Well...we could start with the Ohio State vs Michigan a few years back.

both would have made the tourney, as both would have been in the top 8. and its unlikely either would have made the title game if they played the way they did in their bowl game. So a champion would have won the tourney, not just placed there on record.