[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yankees/Rangers

SLAYER

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice collapse, Texas.. :tup:

:lol:

Rangers fans are likely also Cowboys fans, so....

:lol:

Easy Tonto...was just joking a bit.

But don't tell me that there aren't Cowboys fans that aren't also Rangers fans :tup:

You'd be surprised... Texas Ranger fans have endured 39 years of futility and come back for more. A lot of Cowboy fans abandon ship at 1-4

It's easy to run into a diehard cowboy fan that is completley off his rocker knowledge wise... Rangers fans have a much better idea as to what's going on.

We also don't feel entitled to anything. We're grateful for every playoff game that we have.

That looked like it barely grazed the foul pole.

:wacko:

So you'd be happy with two cheap/non homers? Give me a break.

Series OVER. Rangers will end this next game! They were within a 1/2 an inning of a sweep. Not a Rangers fan but I am a big fan of Hamilton.

Way too early for that statement. CC Sabathia is going to pitch, and while the Rangers lit him up in game 1, to think he'll have a similar outing is a stretch. He's the real deal, and on the level of Lee, Lincecum and Halladay. The Yankees have bought enough players that they're never out of it, just look at the lineup.

One thing is for sure though, the Yanks are playing without any confidence...

And how many times does Benji have to make the Yanks pay before they start to respect him?

Oh, and the Yanks fans might not want to anger Hambone by chanting MVP for anyone else but for him. He has been a monster so far.

That looked like it barely grazed the foul pole.

Technically it should be called the fair pole. If the ball hits it it is fair. Just like the white stripes down the lines..hit them it's fair.

We are now set up for one of the Yankees comebacks. Go Yanks!

Lets see who was bought and who was farm system.....

Jeter--Farm

Gunderson--Bought

Tex--Bough

A Rod--Bought

Cano--Farm

Switzer--Bought

Gardiner--Farm

Posada--Farm

CC--Bought

AJ--bought

Andy--Farm

Hughes--Farm

Joba--Farm

Mariano--Farm

How does your team compare?

Edited by jackshi17

Technically it should be called the fair pole. If the ball hits it it is fair. Just like the white stripes down the lines..hit them it's fair.

Jeter--Farm

Gunderson--Bought

Tex--Bough

A Rod--Bought

Cano--Farm

Switzer--Bought

Gardiner--Farm

Posada--Farm

CC--Bought

AJ--bought

Andy--Farm

Hughes--Farm

Joba--Farm

Mariano--Farm

Listen, I actually take the side of the Yanks when people start complaining that they're "everything wrong with sports, blah blah" and point to the payroll. However, you can't pretend that you guys haven't "bought" an advantage year in and year out and simply pointing to the number of homegrown talent is a cocked argument.

#1) Cody Ross did not come up through the Giants farm system. Is the Giants claiming him off waivers no different than the Yanks out-bidding everyone for Mark Teixeira and CC Sebathia? I mean, according to you, you were either bought or home grown, right? Well, it is obviously not the same thing when most teams are just shuffling 2nd tier players around and the Yanks are cherry picking the most coveted.

#2) As soon as one of the homegrown players who pans out gets resigned to a huge contract, they may as well be "bought" because that is often a luxury other teams can't afford. Ask KC. They may as well be in the minors because the clock starts ticking once a player out of their system becomes great. The second he becomes a FA, they won't be able to keep him. Not true for the Yanks. So, the fact that you have a number of elite homegrown players doesn't mean that your farm system is any better than anyone else, it just means you can afford to keep the good ones when they develop.

Now, I'm not saying this makes the Yanks the devil and, to the contrary, means they are doing right by their fans by being willing to put more into their team than anyone else. So, I'm not passing judgment or anything. However, it is laughable to hear a Yankee fan pretend that they haven't "bought" their team. Not when the payroll numbers are there for everyone to see.

Edited by detlef

Jeter--Farm

Gunderson--Bought

Tex--Bough

A Rod--Bought

Cano--Farm

Switzer--Bought

Gardiner--Farm

Posada--Farm

CC--Bought

AJ--bought

Andy--Farm

Hughes--Farm

Joba--Farm

Mariano--Farm

Pettite left for a few years, so he should technically be listed as bought. So that's three starting pitchers. It's also different to pay for star players, like they always do, rather than trading for prospects ala Andrus and Feliz or reclamation projects like Nelson Cruz. Either way, the majority of your yankee bretheren are faithweather, only when they're winning fans. You should be angered or embaressed by them.

I fall in line with the thought process that the Yankee's are all that is evil and wrong with Major League Baseball, but I don't blame the Yankees. It's not as if the Steinbrenners are the wealthiest owners in baseball. I believe I heard on ESPN that they're around 15th in terms of worth outside of the game. They just put more money into it because they're addicted to winning. Plus who doesn't love a good David Vs. Goliath story? Outside of Yankee fans?

Jeter--Farm

Gunderson--Bought

Tex--Bough

A Rod--Bought

Cano--Farm

Switzer--Bought

Gardiner--Farm

Posada--Farm

CC--Bought

AJ--bought

Andy--Farm

Hughes--Farm

Joba--Farm

Mariano--Farm

Texas acquired their talent by the draft, trades and left overs teams like the Yanks, Angels, Red Sox didnt want like Vlad. Because clearly if they wanted Vlad, he wouldnt be a Ranger.

Tex was drafted by Texas, and wasnt going to resign here, so he was dealt for Andrus, Feliz and 2 other minor leaguers still in the system.

Michael Young was traded for

Josh Hamilton was traded for

Nelson Cruz was traded for

Andrus was traded for

David Murphy was traded for

Cliff lee was traded for

When you trade, you have to give up talent to get talent back

Now lets look at NY

Cano was bought, he was not drafted

Tex was bought

sabathia was bought

Burnett was bought

Granderson was traded for

Arod was traded for, then signed the highest contract in baseball history

What is wrong with baseball is not the Yanks. They are taking advantage of their TV contract that is the biggest in baseball, and more than pays for their payroll. What is wrong with baseball is a competitive advantage teams have in resources. Such as these TV contracts. In the NFL, TV contracts are split evenly among the teams, and they are each enough to pay each teams payroll, and every team is profitable. But I dont even care about which teams make the most money, its one team has more money to spend than others. So IMO, whats wrong with baseball is no salary cap. If there was a 100 million cap and a 60 million floor, teams like the Yanks wouldnt be able to acquire the 4 highest paid players in the game on the same team. I would love to see a hard cap, and a franchise player designation. Where the Rangers could franchise Lee, and he is subject to the pay of the avg of the 5 highest pitchers in the game. So he will get paid, but it wont be sick yankee money acquiring the top 5 highest paid players in the game. There would be no Arod and Tex, no CC and Jeter, you would have to choose 2 at the most of these.

A salary cap fixes baseball. And if the yanks are the most profitable team, good for them. But they do not have a competitive advantage on the field. They would have to have some financial responsibility, and manage payroll. Not every year add the top free agent acquiring a fantasy team...

I have no horse in this race but Texas is just obviously throttling the Yanks. This could have very well have been a sweep. You wonder if Swisher was awarded first base, as he should have been in the 8th which would have brought a run in, if that 8th would have went a different way but the bottom line is the Rangers bats are on fire

Either way, the majority of your yankee bretheren are faithweather, only when they're winning fans. You should be angered or embaressed by them.

This. I could not believe the booing that was happening last night. The only time fans should boo their own team is when there is a lack of effort. Clearly this isn't the case so the very most that should be happening is silence. These people are flat out spoiled.

Our Rangers, who art in Texas, Winners be thy name. The Yanks will come, they will be done, in New York as they will be in Texas. Give us this day, a series win, and forgive us our bullpen losses and lead us not into the offseason after this series, but deliver us a Championship to Texas. For the Rangers shall be the 2010 ALDS, ALCS, and World Series Champions forever and ever. AMEN!!!!!

Our Rangers, who art in Texas, Winners be thy name. The Yanks will come, they will be done, in New York as they will be in Texas. Give us this day, a series win, and forgive us our bullpen losses and lead us not into the offseason after this series, but deliver us a Championship to Texas. For the Rangers shall be the 2010 ALDS, ALCS, and World Series Champions forever and ever. AMEN!!!!!

Well Done....

Jeter--Farm

Gunderson--Bought

Tex--Bough

A Rod--Bought

Cano--Farm

Switzer--Bought

Gardiner--Farm

Posada--Farm

CC--Bought

AJ--bought

Andy--Farm

Hughes--Farm

Joba--Farm

Mariano--Farm

LOL... how does mentioning that I thought that ball grazed the foul pole turn into this?

How does my team compare? I don't have one, I stopped following baseball when the steroid era ruined the game and made Cooperstown meaningless.

There wasn't much on TV, so this was probably the first game I'ver watched (and only a part of it) in 10 years.

I never hated the Yankees, only some of their fans. I have no problem with how they built their team at all. They spend money to make money. My guess is Cliff Lee is a Yankee next year.

LOL... how does mentioning that I thought that ball grazed the foul pole turn into this?

How does my team compare? I don't have one, I stopped following baseball when the steroid era ruined the game and made Cooperstown meaningless.

There wasn't much on TV, so this was probably the first game I'ver watched (and only a part of it) in 10 years.

I never hated the Yankees, only some of their fans. I have no problem with how they built their team at all. They spend money to make money. My guess is Cliff Lee is a Yankee next year.

For the record, I think the bit about bought and farm was directed at PON or whomever said they've bought enough talent that we shouldn't count them out.

For the record, I think the bit about bought and farm was directed at PON or whomever said they've bought enough talent that we shouldn't count them out.

LOL, OK, that at least makes some sense, but since I got quoted I was like what the flock? Foul pole to farm system is a pretty big jump, eh?

Now lets look at NY

/quote]

He came up through the farm system.

"In January of 2001, Robinson inked a deal with Carlos Rios, a scout for teh New York Yankees.

Robinson played all but two games of his first pro season with Tampa of the Gulf Coast League. He joined fellow prospects Dioner Navarro and Bronson Sardinha under the tutelage of manager Derek Shelton. Robinson earned time at second, third and short. He batted .230 but led the club in RBIs."

Now lets look at NY

He came up through the farm system.

"In January of 2001, Robinson inked a deal with Carlos Rios, a scout for teh New York Yankees.

Robinson played all but two games of his first pro season with Tampa of the Gulf Coast League. He joined fellow prospects Dioner Navarro and Bronson Sardinha under the tutelage of manager Derek Shelton. Robinson earned time at second, third and short. He batted .230 but led the club in RBIs."

He went to the highest bidder. He wasnt available to be drafted. So he was bought. And who cares, this time next week the Yanks will be vacationing in Mexico.

He went to the highest bidder. He wasnt available to be drafted. So he was bought. And who cares, this time next week the Yanks will be vacationing in Mexico.

I care as I obviouslly refuted, with facts, your assertion. Man up when your wrong. Do you run a travel agency or something?

I care as I obviouslly refuted, with facts, your assertion. Man up when your wrong. Do you run a travel agency or something?

Who are we kidding here. I could care less who was bought or not. i only responded because you were wrong about Cano. He was bought, as he went to the highest bidder. Do you think other teams didnt try and sign him and he took the most money, just like Chapman did with the Reds this past offseason. Or do you consider Chapman a product of the Reds farm system when he was paid huge money on the open market and sent to the minors. Those are the facts, regardless of how you want to angle it.

And I could care less about NY, they will be eliminated this weekend and we wont have to hear about them again until the offseason when they try and buy the next big FA. :wacko:

Who are we kidding here. I could care less who was bought or not. i only responded because you were wrong about Cano. He was bought, as he went to the highest bidder. Do you think other teams didnt try and sign him and he took the most money, just like Chapman did with the Reds this past offseason. Or do you consider Chapman a product of the Reds farm system when he was paid huge money on the open market and sent to the minors. Those are the facts, regardless of how you want to angle it.

And I could care less about NY, they will be eliminated this weekend and we wont have to hear about them again until the offseason when they try and buy the next big FA. :wacko:

Yep, like saying Dice-K came up through the Sox system.

Yep, like saying Dice-K came up through the Sox system.

I get that he wasn't drafted, but was it truly a "highest" bidder sort of thing? For instance, I'm not a die-hard fan of baseball but was, none the less, aware of the bidding process that involved Chapman and certainly Dice-K. Both of those guys were rather high-profile known commodities. Especially Dice-K I don't recall anything like that with Cano. Now, maybe it was, but maybe it was simply a matter of them finding some kid that nobody else knew or cared much about and inking him to some modest deal? In which case, you guys are splitting hairs and I would think that he should be considered a product of the farm system.

Again, not saying this is how it went down, but the wiki page certainly doesn't make it seem like there was any other suitors.

Also, if he was really all that, why did nobody have any interest in him when the Yanks tried to move him on repeated occasions?

He was one of five prospects offered to the Texas Rangers to complete the Yankees' acquisition of Alex Rodriguez in 2004.[6] The Rangers selected Joaquín Árias instead.[7] Canó was nearly traded two other times by the Yankees in its attempts to obtain Carlos Beltrán from the Kansas City Royals, which was never realized, and Randy Johnson from the Arizona Diamondbacks. Even though the latter deal was made, Canó was not part of it because he was rejected by the Diamondbacks

Now, as I said above, I do think Jack here is using selective reality in general, but I'm not so sure about this. Unless, of course, I'm missing something and there was a true bidding war.

Edited by detlef