[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball and the Huddlers

BeachBum

What has happened to the Huddle's baseball guys? We once were in a multi-board challenge, there was a team from the Baseball start-up board (Tenth Inning) that is running out of players, there was a Roto league for a couple of seasons, etc. And now there seems to be none.

Are there any players out there who would like to A: joijn the BOTI (Born of the Tenth Inning) League to keep it going, B: get another Roto league started; or put together any other kind of Baseball League? I know we've got 6 or eight guys looking, are there any more?

I think it's sort of like football leagues on these boards, but on a smaller scale. Leagues fold, and new leagues start up. You're right, though, there seems to be a disproportionate number of baseball leagues that are no longer running. At a quick glance, I counted at least a half dozen in the "Non-football" forums. Meanwhile, there are only two (I think) that are still active:

Huddle on the Diamond

Philly Area League

I believe there is also an annual baseball contest... something like a 1-10 contest, where you pick a team to finish with each run total (1 through 10) the fastest (first team to do so wins).

I run a local RBI league. The only stat we keep is RBI's. Once you drat you are basically done. You draft 7 and I count your best 5. No moves, no transactions, free agents , trades etc. You draft 7 and thats your team for the year. Although it is a local league, many huddlers have been a part of it. Darin, TBone , Slayer. Its 225 to enter but you have many ways to win cash. last year we had 13 teams and this was the patyout structure

350 All Star Break High RBI team total

200 Highest individual player rbi total drafted in the 6th rd

200 Highest individual player rbi total drafted in the 7th rd

1375 Highest RBI team total at the end of the season

650 2nd highest team total at the end of the season

150 3rd place at the end of the season

we could take on a guy or 2 if any of you want in

Edited by whomper

I think it's sort of like football leagues on these boards, but on a smaller scale. Leagues fold, and new leagues start up. You're right, though, there seems to be a disproportionate number of baseball leagues that are no longer running. At a quick glance, I counted at least a half dozen in the "Non-football" forums. Meanwhile, there are only two (I think) that are still active:

Huddle on the Diamond

Philly Area League

I believe there is also an annual baseball contest... something like a 1-10 contest, where you pick a team to finish with each run total (1 through 10) the fastest (first team to do so wins).

Yes. i run this. The teams go to the people that had them last year first but if they drop out we add guys. Alchico also runs one too for anyone not in league 1

Wow the RBI league sounds intrigueing... I may set one up locally with some buddies as well. Do you do it offline, or is there an online platform that you use?

Be careful - do some research on the person that runs this league...he's been known to do his best work when fitting cement shoes in the garment district.

Wow the RBI league sounds intrigueing... I may set one up locally with some buddies as well. Do you do it offline, or is there an online platform that you use?

Yahoo hosts ours and since its only 1 cat u can use their free service. The problem is that yahoo adds up all 7 players you draft and they dont discount your bottom 2. Since I run the league I send an email out once a week showing the teams scores just counting their best 5 players

I run a local RBI league. The only stat we keep is RBI's. Once you drat you are basically done. You draft 7 and I count your best 5. No moves, no transactions, free agents , trades etc. You draft 7 and thats your team for the year. Although it is a local league, many huddlers have been a part of it. Darin, TBone , Slayer. Its 225 to enter but you have many ways to win cash. last year we had 13 teams and this was the patyout structure

350 All Star Break High RBI team total

200 Highest individual player rbi total drafted in the 6th rd

200 Highest individual player rbi total drafted in the 7th rd

1375 Highest RBI team total at the end of the season

650 2nd highest team total at the end of the season

150 3rd place at the end of the season

we could take on a guy or 2 if any of you want in

Let me know whomp would be interested if you have spots..And I'd probably be easy money as I've never even came close to playing this type of format

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

What has happened to the Huddle's baseball guys? We once were in a multi-board challenge, there was a team from the Baseball start-up board (Tenth Inning) that is running out of players, there was a Roto league for a couple of seasons, etc. And now there seems to be none.

Are there any players out there who would like to A: joijn the BOTI (Born of the Tenth Inning) League to keep it going, B: get another Roto league started; or put together any other kind of Baseball League? I know we've got 6 or eight guys looking, are there any more?

Obv. Looking BB so if there is action on any of these let me know

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Let me know whomp would be interested if you have spots..And I'd probably be easy money as I've never even came close to playing this type of format

Yes. there is a spot for you if you want in. We do a live draft but I handle it by phone for the people out of state. Let me know for sure if you want the spot and ill add you to the league emails . Buy in is 225

• 4 weeks later...