[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I smoke cigs......

tazinib1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know, for every rude old lady with a toy dog and a fake cough, there are probably 10 assh0le smokers who fling their burning butts out the window or blithely toss them on the ground. the persecuted victim mentality (whether justified or not) seems to have turned many smokers into whiners and jerks.

By that logic, then I say non-smokers are jerks, since for every smoker, there are probably 10 who litter their trash who don't smoke. I don't have any data to back that up, but I have to assume that they all have a persecuted victim mentality, hence why they blame their littering on others.... You see how freaking silly that sounds when I turn it around. Whether some people litter, no matter whether they're smokers or not, has nothing to do with smoking. They're 2 separate actions, and I don't do the latter. So how does that describe my views on smoking, or anyone's for that matter?

Actually, you don't think it's the people "coughing" who are acting like victims, when no person has ever had serious health effects from sniffing cigarette smoke in open-air? It's not like we're debating smoking inside. You're out in open-air, so it's pretty clear that it's the non-smokers who are whining. If you go stand next to a porta potty, it's gonna smell like taco, but does that give you reason to want to whine about banning porta potties in public, or act like like it's affecting your health or nose for more than a split-second, when it's really not? No, you act like an adult, accept there are things that you don't like, and continue your walk down the street.

That's all the smokers are asking is to not be completely shunned by society because you have to take a quick whiff of smokey smell before you walk past it and it goes away.... I don't know where you're construing whining or "victim" from that, when it's been the other side who continually whines when someone lights up, even when it has nearly zero effect on their health or enjoyment of life.

By that logic, then I say non-smokers are jerks, since for every smoker, there are probably 10 who litter their trash who don't smoke. I don't have any data to back that up

of course you don't, because it's horse schit.

count the next 10 people you see tossing trash out their car window. chances are 10 out of 10 of those pieces of trash will be burning cigarette butts. I can't even remember the last time I've seen anyone throw anything BUT a butt out their car window.

I don't know where you're construing whining or "victim" from that

"I'm treated like a second class citizen" :wacko:

and to be fair, you ARE treated like a second class citizen. I think all the anti-smoking laws and ever-increasing taxes are ridiculous. the self-righteous indignation of smokers isn't completely unjustified, IMO. I'd be pissed if I were them, too. but I stand by my assertion that this persecution, good or bad, has turned more of them into victims, whiners and jerks, at least when it pertains to the issue of public smoking and such.

count the next 10 people you see tossing trash out their car window. chances are 10 out of 10 of those pieces of trash will be burning cigarette butts. I can't even remember the last time I've seen anyone throw anything BUT a butt out their car window.

Thank you for making my point about what a poor characterization that is, to use what a percentage of people who are not exclusive with smokers may carelessly do, and characterize it as "many smokers into whiners and jerks".... The two things have absolutely nothing to do with one another, and frankly littering of cigarette butts really irks me too after living in South Georgia in near 0% visibility and a way smokier smell when the wildfires were going on (possibly being due to a careless smoker)....

I just don't see what that has to do with a-hole people (who ironically it's bleeding hearts who can really be asses about it, so at least you can agree with them on one thing) treating other people like garbage even when they're trying to do it in places where they won't bother so many people.... Most smokers have not made that big of stink (pun intended) out of having to go outside and away to do it, understanding that it bothers and is harmful for people. It is the other group who are still going out of their way to be whiny jerks about it, as if we all need another reminder about how bad of a habit it is... Hold your breath for 2 seconds when you pass me and get over it...

Edited by delusions of granduer

This has happening to me more and more lately. I'm walking down the street smoking a cig and a person (both m/f) walk by me and as they pass, I get a "COUGH COUGH". Now I realize that some people are allergic to tobacco smoke. I get that some people think smoking is disgusting. I get that the smell is offensive. I don't need some prick to give me a "COUGH COUGH" as they walk by. Last night was the final straw. I'm walking to the corner market to buy a pack of smokes actually and I'm down to my last cig as I walk. I get this snooty old biatch with her dog walking the opposite direction. Its clear I'm smoking as our eyes meet aobut a 1/4 block away. She passes me, with her dog, and goes out of her way to walk into a neighbors yard to clear me. I hear this "COUGH COUGH..its ok sweety". That did it...I turned and shouted "You could have crossed the street ya know COUGH COUGH". I'm sick of the passive COUGH COUGH from the non smokers. Get over it....I'm outside. In my business, you better damned well be aware of where you are and who's on set when you wanna duck for a smoke. You have to be mindful of the wind direction, where you are and WHEN you can go grab a smoke. I'm probably the most polite smoker out there. I even hold my smoke in if a person is passing me or if a family with a child is coming near me. Just knock off the "COUGH COUGH"....its childish.

As long as you're not being obnoxious about it, why do you give two chits what anyone thinks? Stay away from doorways where people are forced to walk through your smoke and avoid locking horns with the holier-than-thou set who think they're so superior.

This "problem" has the same solution as so many others - ignore 'em.

As long as you're not being obnoxious about it, why do you give two chits what anyone thinks? Stay away from doorways where people are forced to walk through your smoke and avoid locking horns with the holier-than-thou set who think they're so superior.

This "problem" has the same solution as so many others - ignore 'em.

Very true... I guess I just don't like how there seems to be a war on the people who got addicted to a legal product when they were young and dumb, to where employers won't even hire you in some cases. I'm more just venting here, as is Taz I'm sure... Really I have more of a problem with the way the government profits from addictions by taxing them out the wazoo under the guise of morality, but that's a different discussion alltogether...

Edited by delusions of granduer

Very true... I guess I just don't like how there seems to be a war on the people who got addicted to a legal product when they were young and dumb, to where employers won't even hire you in some cases. I'm more just venting here, as is Taz I'm sure... Really I have more of a problem with the way the government profits from addictions by taxing them out the wazoo under the guise of morality, but that's a different discussion alltogether...

Yeah, they're clever that way. Anyhoo, you can break yourself of it. You know you can. You just have to want to. When you really want to, then you will. "Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"

Edited by electricrelish

This.

Listen, I'm not the guy who's going to make a big freaking deal about you smoking as you walk down the street. However, if you seriously want me to feel sorry for you because people are mean to you about your habit? Sorry, bro. Barking up the wrong tree here.

It's your filthy habit, and we all deal with it, be it breathing your exhaust or looking at your trash. So I'm not going to stop someone from getting in your dish about it. Further, there are enough self-righteous pr!cks who smoke out there that many may lump all you all in together. And honestly, I'm not going to blame them. Like I said, I'm not the guy who's going to make the overt coughing sound. However...

go into McDonald's and ask the fatty why they are only eating one Big Mac.

:Payback:

Besides you live in California, I'm surprised legal tobacco is even still legal there

Edited by Zooty

This.

Listen, I'm not the guy who's going to make a big freaking deal about you smoking as you walk down the street. However, if you seriously want me to feel sorry for you because people are mean to you about your habit? Sorry, bro. Barking up the wrong tree here.

It's your filthy habit, and we all deal with it, be it breathing your exhaust or looking at your trash. So I'm not going to stop someone from getting in your dish about it. Further, there are enough self-righteous pr!cks who smoke out there that many may lump all you all in together. And honestly, I'm not going to blame them. Like I said, I'm not the guy who's going to make the overt coughing sound. However...

Typical.

As an ex-smoker, the absolute rudeness of some people towards smokers is WAY over the top. The whole "filthy habit" comment is typical. Freakin heroin addicts get more slack cut. That is a "filthy habit" that also kills far more addicts than cigs do. It also spreads AIDS. Does anyone insult an obvious heroin addict on the street the way they insult smokers?

How about these women who take a bath in stinkin perfume? And then get on a train? That chit makes my eyes water, but it's OK, right?

Look, smokers DO deserve to be cut some slack. Being harrassed on the street simply because they are addicts satisfying a drug urge that is overwhelming... but still LEGAL is horsechit. NOONE ever woke up and said I want to be ball and chain addicted to anything, be it alchohol, illicit drugs (including maryjane) or tobacco. It's just soooo cool to abuse the lowly smoker. PC at it's ugliest IMO.

PS: See my sig line. 10 months and counting from 3 packs a day.

Freakin heroin addicts get more slack cut. That is a "filthy habit" that also kills far more addicts than cigs do. It also spreads AIDS. Does anyone insult an obvious heroin addict on the street the way they insult smokers?
Pls tell us you realize how ridiculous what you just said was.

How about these women who take a bath in stinkin perfume? And then get on a train? That chit makes my eyes water, but it's OK, right?
No that's gross too. I've made "cough cough" cracks about that as well.

Look, smokers DO deserve to be cut some slack. Being harrassed on the street simply because they are addicts satisfying a drug urge that is overwhelming...
:wacko: No, they don't. And this "boo hoo I'm an addict" thing is so weak. You don't try smoking a time or three and WHAM suddenly you're "addicted." I'm sick to death of this weak ass attempt at pity and silly comparisons to hard-core drugs.

:cough cough:

Go smoke that chit somewhere else smokers, you're grossing us out and we don't want that cancerous crap in our lungs. Don't like it? Do yourself and oh btw anyone who cares about you a favor and quit.

Hey, I have no problem at all with smokers. Your life, your health. People do crazy stuff all the time to endanger themselves

It is the dirty smokers, that think the world is their friggin ashtray that I H8. Cig butts stand out like sore thumbs and don't biodegrate. Plus they're infested with poisons. Pick up after yourself arsehole! Over 90% of the litter we have to clean up at our 11 courses is cig butts :wacko: Even the drunks can hit the trash cans we provide on every hole, yet the poor little persecuted smoker think they can drop their rotten remains anywhere they please.

And to say it is not your fault because you're addicted to a legal substance, borders on the weakest excuse to come down the pike in awhile. Secondhand perfume doesn't cause cancer last time I checked. If you don't want the ball and chain, get some help. Otherwise, keep your butts to yourselves, is all I ask. Doesn't the person getting poisoned by secondhand smoke deserve some slack?

Oh yeah and if I saw some smack addict geezing in the streets, you can bet your ass I would say something.

:wacko: No, they don't. And this "boo hoo I'm an addict" thing is so weak. You don't try smoking a time or three and WHAM suddenly you're "addicted." I'm sick to death of this weak ass attempt at pity and silly comparisons to hard-core drugs.

Go smoke that chit somewhere else smokers, you're grossing us out and we don't want that cancerous crap in our lungs. Don't like it? Do yourself and oh btw anyone who cares about you a favor and quit.

Wow! :tup:

First off, I no longer smoke, so I can see both sides of the issue far more fair mindedly than the likes of you... we all know how unbiased YOU are now, don't we? You just love minorities and all that, right? LOL.

I recall how California was the trend setter, designating Bakersfield as the state's designated smoking area. Go smoke somewhere else? Mars?

Yes, smokers are victims, like it or not. I was a nicotine addict from the moment of conception. My mom didn't know any better, she smoked while pregnant. I was in a smoking household from day one. I bought my first pack when I was 12. Additionally, the comparison to heroin addiction is actually weak only because it has been reported that nicotine is more addictive than heroin actually is... and add the fact that one does not have to break the law to buy it.... it is readilly available. As usual, your predjudices trump your intellectual ability to reason.

Not every nicotine addict became one by choice.... many by being neive, some caving into peer pressure to be cool, but hey, peer pressure has no sway with teenagers, right?

Me, I hate people named BeeR. :tup:

This has happening to me more and more lately. I'm walking down the street smoking a cig and a person (both m/f) walk by me and as they pass, I get a "COUGH COUGH". Now I realize that some people are allergic to tobacco smoke. I get that some people think smoking is disgusting. I get that the smell is offensive. I don't need some prick to give me a "COUGH COUGH" as they walk by. Last night was the final straw. I'm walking to the corner market to buy a pack of smokes actually and I'm down to my last cig as I walk. I get this snooty old biatch with her dog walking the opposite direction. Its clear I'm smoking as our eyes meet aobut a 1/4 block away. She passes me, with her dog, and goes out of her way to walk into a neighbors yard to clear me. I hear this "COUGH COUGH..its ok sweety". That did it...I turned and shouted "You could have crossed the street ya know COUGH COUGH". I'm sick of the passive COUGH COUGH from the non smokers. Get over it....I'm outside. In my business, you better damned well be aware of where you are and who's on set when you wanna duck for a smoke. You have to be mindful of the wind direction, where you are and WHEN you can go grab a smoke. I'm probably the most polite smoker out there. I even hold my smoke in if a person is passing me or if a family with a child is coming near me. Just knock off the "COUGH COUGH"....its childish.

Just smack that bitch down with the 40 in your other hand

:wacko:

Well well...seems I touched a nerve :wacko:

My urge to attempt to quit smoking is growing every day. I used to think about it once a month at most. Now I think about it almost daily. I'm getting up the nerve I think. After 30 years (yes I started at age 13), its getting to be that time.

Now..back to the :tup:

Edited by tazinib1

First off, I no longer smoke, so I can see both sides of the issue far more fair mindedly than the likes of you...
LOL

A 3 pack a day smoker who smoked since he was a kid and just quit earlier this year? Oh yeah you're objective.

we all know how unbiased YOU are now, don't we?
Unlike you I don't delude myself or try to fool others into thinking I'm without bias. I'm very biased against smoking for a lot of reasons, most if not all rather obvious. So?

Yes, smokers are victims, like it or not.
Right.

Cmon this is all one big gag right? First the heroin thing and now the "victims" thing? You aren't really saying this and seriously believing it? What's next the "it's a disease" bit?

I was a nicotine addict from the moment of conception.
No you weren't. Please show me one credible study that shows you can be "addicted" at the moment of conception (or birth) because your mom smoked. I'll hold my breath waiting.

As usual, your predjudices trump your intellectual ability to reason.
If that's true it's only because you're contagious. I'm a victim!

Not every nicotine addict became one by choice....
Yes, actually, every single one did. Nobody forced those cigs into their mouths.