[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hows this work

nuke'em ttg

Waiting for deadbeats ta cough up tacos has become a pain and i'm sick of spendin more time on the phone collectin. I normally deal with between 2k-3k/wk. that is unpaid, everybody asks if i take credit cards (I understand no one carries a checkbook anymore) it would have to be a mobile processor, anybody have an answer, maybe it's not worthit with that small amount after CC Co. bends me over. TIA

Thats a great start, thanks Bro :clap:

its 300 for the swiper which i won't get and i don't have a smart phone and wife says i'm not worth 30/month ta get one :glare: BUT i can get there info and do it on the pc when i get home, the fees had me worried and this joint looks pretty good

Tell them you take cash or check only and they have to pay on the day of the inspection. If you're dealing with the uh, subprime market, they have to pay with certified funds up front.

ok, whats this

I'm tryin to keep this customer friendly and i don't always get there phone number, instaed of pissin and moanin about them i think i need to make the adjustments, once i hit the dik button theres always trouble

I think you'll find you are worth the smart phone if you can use "Square" and swipe that much in CC's per month. ;)

Just tell them if they want to pay by CC, there will be 3% added to cover the transaction costs. :)

Oh.....and Square is free!

Thats a great start, thanks Bro :clap:

its 300 for the swiper which i won't get and i don't have a smart phone and wife says i'm not worth 30/month ta get one :glare: BUT i can get there info and do it on the pc when i get home, the fees had me worried and this joint looks pretty good

Here's one that will work with a laptop.

I think you'll find you are worth the smart phone if you can use "Square" and swipe that much in CC's per month. ;)

Just tell them if they want to pay by CC, there will be 3% added to cover the transaction costs. :)

Just about to post this. Square is the easy way to do it to take credit cards. IIRC, they just charge the small merchant fee that is typical for any credit card processing.

And, also what matt said - payment at time service is rendered or you don't release your inspection report.

Once you have given them the report, what incentive is there for them to pay you?

Nuke, Maybe I missed it somewhere but I thought you were a GC? Are you doing home inspections of some type now? If so what about payments to be made at closing?

In theory that sounds good.....but there are lots of times the transaction that necessitated the Home Inspection never makes it to the table.

I'm with Matt....payment before the report is released.

As a home inspector from what it sounds I am kind of familiar with the business. I was a home builder once upon a time, but I am still a small businessman and will always be no matter how big I get. For me and I think most businessmen will state is that it is ALWAYS make the sale and in you case the collection as EASY as possible. I use Quickbooks in some of my businesses and when I signed up for their merchant services account(past year or so) they sent me a device that connected to the "head phone port" of my smart phone for FREE that processed credit card payments instantly. In fact it sends an email instantly to the consumer. Your time spent collecting and lose of collections will EASILY pay for it probably twice over. I mean come on man $2-3K a week and your complaining about a smart phone. I have to be honest and say I'm surprised you haven't been left in the dust yet. I had a home inspection in 2004 that not only did I pay the guy on the spot, but I received the inspection report in my email when I got home...back then I didn't have a smart phone but paid the guy at the house and when I got home the report was there with photos.

The cc bendover is nothing compared with dealing with collecting $2-3 grand..... And like another poster said if they do want to charge it......let them and charge 20% over what ever the cc companies fee. By the way I have never thought of it as a bend over fee! By taking cc it has saved me tons of time and generated more business. It's nuts to think you can confirm instant payment in an instant and expect it to be just free.... I guess in today's instant society this seems to be a right...lol

:lol: Guess what i got in the mail today "Get yer free Square card reader"

Just about to post this. Square is the easy way to do it to take credit cards. IIRC, they just charge the small merchant fee that is typical for any credit card processing.

And, also what matt said - payment at time service is rendered or you don't release your inspection report.

Once you have given them the report, what incentive is there for them to pay you?

I'd say 90% of my inspections are thru a realtor, basically i just set the date and time, usually don't see the peeps till the end so alot of info is not at my disposal, people are confused too, they think it's in closing costs or the seller is payin bottom line it's a cluster and i wanna fix it. I send a 52 page report with pictures the same night but if they don't know about payment it's like hey c0cksuker you don't get the report till ya cough up the tacos.....so i have a self addressed stamped enelevope with my agreement for them to sign and send the check brack snail.

Nuke, Maybe I missed it somewhere but I thought you were a GC? Are you doing home inspections of some type now? If so what about payments to be made at closing?

i quit building 2 years ago, you should consider Home Inspection Joe, pm me if ya want info you'd be good at it but i doubt anyone could afford ya :shades:

i quit building 2 years ago, you should consider Home Inspection Joe, pm me if ya want info you'd be good at it but i doubt anyone could afford ya :shades:

I think you are right about that I should consider home inspections, not about people not being able to afford me. :lol: In fact I did housing inspections for 6 years but not with the detail needed for home buying. Actually just before I read your post I sent an email to the Head of the Inspection Department where I work because they are looking for a Plumbing, Mechanical and Electical Inspector. I may have to research what the requirements are here in Virginia if I decide to do the home inspection thing.

• 4 weeks later...

As long as they don't know your profficiency level with technology the way we do, then I'm sure no one would mind giving YOU a credit card nuke! :lol:

:bag: 1st client i had had ta show me how ta use it anyway UPDATE thanks for the info Square is the way ta go :tup: