[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With advisors like that who needs enemies

SayItAintSoJoe

I for one am now convinced that Romney is a tax dodging, racist, dog hating, cult member.

Somehow I now have to justify voting for him over a commie, mooslim, illegal immigrant.

• Like 1

Romney may want to look at making some changes as far as foreign advisors go before his next stop.

LONDON—On day three of his overseas tour, Mitt Romney woke up to unfriendly headlines from the British media, who continue to trash him for telling NBC News that he found preparations for the Olympics here "disconcerting."

"Mitt the Twit," declared The Sun tabloid, trashing Romney as a "wannabe president."

The Independent headlined their take on Romney's trip, "Romneyshambles"—accusing him of not only committing a diplomatic gaffe but later "the cardinal sin of U.S. politics, flip-flopping" on his criticism.

The Daily Telegraph suggested Romney's "Olympic gaffe" had overshadowed his trip to London.

Meanwhile, the conservative Daily Mail slammed Romney as "devoid of charm, offensive and a wazzock."

Romney's comments led newscasts on both Sky News and the BBC on Thursday night and early Friday morning, just hours ahead of the Olympic opening ceremonies here.

"Is this guy really prepared to be president?" one Sky News reporter asked in his Thursday night report about Romney's day in London. The reporter trashed the GOP candidate's comments as "just daft."

Romney has repeatedly tried to dial back on his criticism, first in a news conference Thursday outside 10 Downing Street, where he had met with British Prime Minister David Cameron—who had been publicly critical of Romney's remarks earlier in the day.

In an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan Thursday night, Romney again tried to contain the controversy, telling the CNN host he believes the London games will be successful.

"It's great. It's absolutely fabulous," Romney said of being in London for the games. "You know I'd never been to an Olympics before I was given the Olympic job. I mean I've done the same thing everybody else did. I watched the games on TV. But to actually be here and to experience not just the athletes but also the volunteers who are working hard and excited, and then the whole community comes together… It's fabulous."

Citing the "enthusiasm" of the people in London, Romney added, "I think you are going to see terrific games that will be long time in our memories."

"It's great. It's absolutely fabulous," Romney said of being in London for the games. "You know I'd never been to an Olympics before I was given the Olympic job. I mean I've done the same thing everybody else did. I watched the games on TV. But to actually be here and to experience not just the athletes but also the volunteers who are working hard and excited, and then the whole community comes together… It's fabulous."

Romney is the guy you're talking to at a party and he says something so boring that you realize you're not paying attention and you excuse yourself to go get another drink or say hi to people who just arrived.

Next stop Poland!

JERUSALEM -- Mitt Romney would stand by Israel if the country launches a unilateral attack on Iran to stop Tehran from building nuclear weapons, a top adviser to the presidential candidate said Sunday.

Romney had to backpedal the unilateral attack thingy.

Palestinians were enraged by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's comments in Israel on Monday suggesting that the state's economic success was due to its culture.

Palestinian leaders said the comments were racist and out of touch with reality, according to the Associated Press. The Romney campaign said his remarks were mischaracterized.

"As you come here and you see the GDP per capita, for instance, in Israel which is about $21,000 dollars, and compare that with the GDP per capita just across the areas managed by the Palestinian Authority, which is more like $10,000 per capita, you notice such a dramatically stark difference in economic vitality," Romney told Jewish donors at the King David Hotel on Monday, according to the AP.

He continued, "And as I come here and I look out over this city and consider the accomplishments of the people of this nation, I recognize the power of at least culture and a few other things," according to the Guardian.

Saeb Erekat, a senior aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said, "It is a racist statement and this man doesn't realize that the Palestinian economy cannot reach its potential because there is an Israeli occupation," according to the AP.

The Guardian reported that Erekat said, "Yesterday, he destroyed negotiations by saying Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, and today he is saying Israeli culture is more advanced than Palestinian culture. Isn't this racism? Israelis and Palestinians have a conflict, but they are people, they are equal, it is not a better culture or advanced culture."

Cultural Superiority = economic superiorty

I don't think we've heard the last of that one.

Saeb Erekat, a senior aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said, "It is a racist statement and this man doesn't realize that the Palestinian economy cannot reach its potential because there is an Israeli occupation," according to the AP.

The Guardian reported that Erekat said, "Yesterday, he destroyed negotiations by saying Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, and today he is saying Israeli culture is more advanced than Palestinian culture. Isn't this racism? Israelis and Palestinians have a conflict, but they are people, they are equal, it is not a better culture or advanced culture.

Ouch, in trying to show he has adequate foreign diplomacy skills, this trip is backfiring tremendously.

Romney praises Israel's health care system.

"

When our health care costs are completely out of control. Do you realize what health care spending is as a percentage of the GDP in Israel? 8 percent. You spend 8 percent of GDP on health care. And you’re a pretty healthy nation. We spend 18 percent of our GDP on health care. 10 percentage points more. That gap, that 10 percent cost, let me compare that with the size of our military. Our military budget is 4 percent. Our gap with Israel is 10 points of GDP. We have to find ways, not just to provide health care to more people, but to find ways to finally manage our health care costs."

Romney’s point about Israel’s success in controlling health care costs is spot on: Its health care system has seen health care costs grow much slower than other industrialized nations.

How it has gotten there, however, may not be to the Republican candidate’s liking: Israel regulates its health care system aggressively, requiring all residents to carry insurance and capping revenue for various parts of the country’s health care system.

Israel created a national health care system in 1995, largely funded through payroll and general tax revenue. The government provides all citizens with health insurance: They get to pick from one of four competing, nonprofit plans. Those insurance plans have to accept all customers—including people with pre-existing conditions—and provide residents with a broad set of government-mandated benefits.

:lol:

WARSAW, Poland – A Mitt Romney spokesman reprimanded reporters traveling with the candidate on his six-day foreign trip, telling them to “kiss my ass” after they shouted questions from behind a rope line.

As Romney left the site of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Warsaw and walked toward his motorcade parked in Pilsudski Square, reporters began shouting questions from the line where campaign staffers had told them to stay behind, prompting traveling press secretary Rick Gorka to tell a group of reporters to “kiss my ass” and “shove it.”

He later apologized.

Romney heads back to the US today.

:usa:

I for one am now convinced that Romney is a tax dodging, racist, dog hating, cult member.

Somehow I now have to justify voting for him over a commie, mooslim, illegal immigrant.

Muslim also equates with dog-hating, if that helps.

Well, he's made some good first steps by totally pissing off the British on his visit there.

Romney said in his interview Tuesday that the media reporting on his remarks were "more interested in finding something to write about" than they were in focusing on important issues like the economy.

"They'll instead try and find anything else to divert from the fact that these last four years have been tough years for our country," Romney said.

I guess reporters can only write stories about the economy from here on out. Otherwise they are just trying to distract folks. The funny part is that a lot of the stories were from the foreign press. Are they supposed to ignore the insulting visiting dignitary from the US and just write about the US economy too?

Edited by SayItAintSoJoe

I guess reporters can only write stories about the economy from here on out. Otherwise they are just trying to distract folks. The funny part is that a lot of the stories were from the foreign press. Are they supposed to ignore the insulting visiting dignitary from the US and just write about the US economy too?

When a presidential candidate visits foreign countries to establish his foreign policy bona fides, it's OBVIOUSLY intended to start a discussion on the domestic economy.

Alright, so now everybody is all fired up about his aide who went off on the reporters when he was visiting some holy site in Poland. And, sure, dude sort of needs to rise above, but screw those reporters.

Each and every question they screamed across the parking lot to Romney were baiting in nature. Essentially, "Isn't it true that you've botched this trip?" Honestly? Sorry, but don't play the "He said mean things to me" card if they don't take the time to answer your questions or even tell you to piss off.

Obviously I'm no fan of Romney, but his aide telling these guys to kiss his ass bothers me about not at all.

Alright, so now everybody is all fired up about his aide who went off on the reporters when he was visiting some holy site in Poland. And, sure, dude sort of needs to rise above, but screw those reporters.

Each and every question they screamed across the parking lot to Romney were baiting in nature. Essentially, "Isn't it true that you've botched this trip?" Honestly? Sorry, but don't play the "He said mean things to me" card if they don't take the time to answer your questions or even tell you to piss off.

Obviously I'm no fan of Romney, but his aide telling these guys to kiss his ass bothers me about not at all.

I would agree with you except for two reasons. First these questions were coming from reporters that were traveling with Romney. Romney had not made himself available to them for questioning after the London trip. Even though they were on the same plane for hours. Romney knew they would be asking questions about the London gaffes so he just dissed them. And after the Israel debacle I'm surprised he even let them on the plane.

Second, you would think that after the first two stops Romney would have gathered the troops and said I don't want any more f'ups. Lets finish the last leg of this trip without incedent and take are asses home.

I have no idea where Romney got these advisors/aides or what it takes to get fired from the Romney camp. I thought he liked firing people. So far the only person I've heard of him getting rid of is the ghey guy.