[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iPad gen 2 vs gen 3 help

keggerz

I have a 2, my wife has the 3.

The screen is defiitely nicer - beter resolution, can tell a bit of a difference when streaming videos, etc. (not enough to make me want to get rid of mine and upgrade though)

4G speed is nice, but again, I find the 3G speed on my 2 to be fine, and try to use WiFi as much as possible.

I know there are other features, I think improved camera, but I don;t really take pictures with mine.

For me, no real need to pony up the extra for the 3, but I suppose if you were planning on using it primarily for watching TV/Movies, it would be nice to have the 3.

If it is mainly so you can access web/e-mail, read books via Kindle, play games and occassionally stream movies, then the 2 would more than suffice.

of course, I am not one that always needs the newest gadget, so keep that in mind. I'm sure some of the residnet techies can give you better details.

ETA: One thing I don't have that I am researchig now are the cases that have the bluetooth keyboard. As I do quite a bit of e-mailing from the Ipad, especially during football season, it gets tiresome using the touchpad (which is perfectly fine for normal use, just tiresome after heavy use).

Edited by Big Country

ETA: One thing I don't have that I am researchig now are the cases that have the bluetooth keyboard. As I do quite a bit of e-mailing from the Ipad, especially during football season, it gets tiresome using the touchpad (which is perfectly fine for normal use, just tiresome after heavy use).

I've got a logitech bluetooth keyboard for my iPad. Love it.

I have a 2, my wife has the 3.

The screen is defiitely nicer - beter resolution, can tell a bit of a difference when streaming videos, etc. (not enough to make me want to get rid of mine and upgrade though)

4G speed is nice, but again, I find the 3G speed on my 2 to be fine, and try to use WiFi as much as possible.

I know there are other features, I think improved camera, but I don;t really take pictures with mine.

For me, no real need to pony up the extra for the 3, but I suppose if you were planning on using it primarily for watching TV/Movies, it would be nice to have the 3.

If it is mainly so you can access web/e-mail, read books via Kindle, play games and occassionally stream movies, then the 2 would more than suffice.

of course, I am not one that always needs the newest gadget, so keep that in mind. I'm sure some of the residnet techies can give you better details.

pretty much going to be utilizing it to watch All-22 game tape on

Will you be streaming and recording the games online? What service is it and how much does it cost?

NFL Game>Rewind $69.99 Last year they had where you could see an occasional play with coaches tape (All-22)..but this year the entire shabang is availble. Pretty awesome for the price.

Oh and I am just unwrapping a new iPad gen 3 (wifi only)...have to figure out what apps to d/l 1st.

Just got mine on Monday. Pretty cool, but I feel dirty like a commie traitor as this is the first Mac product I ever bought.

The screen is amazing, but the swipes, ways to get around it are different than the Droid.

I added a few games. Today I wanna get MFL and set it up. Hope the Mac version works as well as the droid version did.