[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I guess this is okay?

moneymakers

Seems it gets locked when the name calling comes out. Don't know if it matters if it's left wing crap or right wing crap.

You probably have the correct rationale, but I also think Chavez is pontificating on the obvious unintended result of that rationale. When the negative emotional outbursts almost always come from a handful of politically like minded posters; you're generally only going to have one type of slant allowed for political discussion. And when you inadvertently yet routinely discourage at least half of your customer base to stop posting on the boards, it should be no surprise when the boards go on life support; even during football season.

Edited by bushwacked
  • Like 1

You probably have the correct rationale, but I also think Chavez is pontificating on the obvious unintended result of that rationale. When the negative emotional outbursts almost always come from a handful of politically like minded posters; you're generally only going to have one type of slant allowed for political discussion. And when you inadvertently yet routinely discourage at least half of your customer base to stop posting on the boards, it should be no surprise when the boards go on life support; even during football season.

Dude, the tailgate always goes on life support during the season. As it should. Further, I fail to see any economic implications of stifling the voice of liberal huddlers.

It would be my guess that the huddle will start feeling it in their pocketbook if or when the content fails to be useful. Say the tailgate turned into a Fox news chat room. Would you cancel your membership? Or would you simply come here for the content and sports-related forums? My guess is that plenty of us would still come to the tailgate and rattle the cages, much the same way people troll politically slanted message boards.

Maybe traffic was already trending downward and I just didn't notice, but the skin change earlier this year seemed to coincide with a plummet in volume. Then we saw an uptick in threads getting gunned and regulars openly fleeing to FBG. The start of the NFL season has not had much bearing on the volume here. I actually thought traffic here increased when the NFL started, not decreased. Whatever, this place is a pathetic shell of what it used to be.

Dude, the tailgate always goes on life support during the season. As it should. Further, I fail to see any economic implications of stifling the voice of liberal huddlers.

It would be my guess that the huddle will start feeling it in their pocketbook if or when the content fails to be useful. Say the tailgate turned into a Fox news chat room. Would you cancel your membership? Or would you simply come here for the content and sports-related forums? My guess is that plenty of us would still come to the tailgate and rattle the cages, much the same way people troll politically slanted message boards.

False. This place is deader than ever, especially for an election year. Why engage in anything here when it might disappear into the ether? I was on the fence about a full resubscribe quite frankly because of this but I took the two for one offer last year.

Check out other websites' forum traffic and see where this place ranks - VERY LOW. And frankly they have only themselves to blame, if they feel it's an issue at all.