[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do you want from your team in the Draft?

dfv87

I am coming around on JM these days. As a late 1st rounder, I think you guys got good value. I think that he will be a big difference maker and I say that CLE is a nice dark horse for a wild card this year.

Browns fans at this point would be happy with steady improvement and moving out of the NFL/AFCN cellar. 4-5 wins a year on average, 2 winning seasons and one playoff appearance in 15 years has been heart breaking. So 6-8 wins would be nice, a playoff spot would be amazing.

I agree its good value there, but we'll be kicking ourselves if Bridgewater, Carr or another later QB has more success and/or Manziel is the next Tebow.

Loaf,

Thing is the Browns didn't really need him to sell tickets, its not like they having trouble selling out games (and I suspect still have close to 50,000 season tickets sold). I just pray that is a side benefit, not a primary reason he was drafted. Too bad the Texans game is in Cleveland, the NFL/CBS could really hype his returnt to Texas.

How pissed are the Bears that Donald went ONE pick before them???

Seems that most/all the pundits feel the Rams got the two best linemen in the draft.

And I'm actually impressed that Jerrah didn't go for a glitzy pick. At least now it seems like they're trying to do the right thing in Dallas, whether or not the pick pans out. By all accounts, Martin's play was very well liked coming out of college.

Watkins is kind of curious to me, with Manual throwing him the ball. Personally, I'm not sold on EJ (11TDs/9INTs/coming off a bum knee as a quasi-mobile QB now w/ 3 knee surgeries), which I would say then translates to concerns for Watkins.

yes, the Moncrief pick was great . . . Wayne in last year of his contract . . . Nicks on a one year deal . . . couldn't pass him up although they almost took Trai Turner.

Yeah that was a solid pick. Hilton and Moncrief should be catching passes from Luck for a long, long time.

Super pumped about the Bears getting a REAL heir apparent to Matt Forte. I love KaDeem Carey (maybe more than most) and think he is a perfect fit for Da Bears. :pickle:

Aaron Murray to KC. I like the fit, but we still have some pretty big holes at WR that haven't been addressed yet....

Edited by bud29

Felt this was a really good draft for the Bears. Best CB in the draft IMO. I liked Fuller better than Gilbert, especially for the Bears defense. Was happy to see they passed on both safeties and draft the better football player here. The Bears have two coordinators on their staff that worked directly with Pryor and Dix during their college days and according to what I've heard neither campaigned for their guy as they both liked Fuller more. That is saying something.

Felt this was a really good draft for the Bears. Best CB in the draft IMO. I liked Fuller better than Gilbert, especially for the Bears defense. Was happy to see they passed on both safeties and draft the better football player here. The Bears have two coordinators on their staff that worked directly with Pryor and Dix during their college days and according to what I've heard neither campaigned for their guy as they both liked Fuller more. That is saying something.

Or they need a replacement for Peanut more once he is gone next year

Hurray for us agreeing on something :D

• Like 1

I thought Denver's draft was about C-. Didn't address the MLB issue at all. Hell they could've drafted Skov in the 7th instead of let him go to free agency. Instead they draft 2 LB's that are just guys. Nothing special at all. Watching some highlights I saw absolutely 0 out of them. Disappointing.

I agree they need an eventual replacement for Peanut which could be as early as this year if he is unable to stay healthy. But Fuller will have an immediate impact on defense regardless as the nickel corner. Last year in the season finally against the Packers, GB used a 3 wide set more than 70% of the snaps. Same with the games against Detroit. Heck, even Minnesota spread the Bears out over 60% of their snaps to exploit not only their DB's but also loosen up the middle to run it down their throats. Fuller not only helps with coverage in those situations, but he's easily the best CB coming out of the draft against the run.

As for the safeties I felt one guy in this draft was a 1st round talent in Pryor, but to me he was not a top 10 talent. Felt he was a late 1st rounder at best. Dix had no business being taken in the 1st round. He is capable of being a starter and contributor, but not a difference maker IMO.

I agree they need an eventual replacement for Peanut which could be as early as this year if he is unable to stay healthy. But Fuller will have an immediate impact on defense regardless as the nickel corner. Last year in the season finally against the Packers, GB used a 3 wide set more than 70% of the snaps. Same with the games against Detroit. Heck, even Minnesota spread the Bears out over 60% of their snaps to exploit not only their DB's but also loosen up the middle to run it down their throats. Fuller not only helps with coverage in those situations, but he's easily the best CB coming out of the draft against the run.

As for the safeties I felt one guy in this draft was a 1st round talent in Pryor, but to me he was not a top 10 talent. Felt he was a late 1st rounder at best. Dix had no business being taken in the 1st round. He is capable of being a starter and contributor, but not a difference maker IMO.

Well that didn't last long... :lol:

Totally disagree on Clinton-Dix. He's one of those rare safety talents that is just as adept at run-stopping as he is at dropping back into coverage. He's basically a Morgan Burnett clone, and they will start alongside each other and could essentially decide just before the snap who goes where (SS vs. FS wise). He's a stud.

For what it's worth, I agree that Pryor is a stud too... but could have gone a little later.... but if a team has a need, you go with it.

And I obviously agree on Fuller. He'll see immediate action considering the NFC North's personnel packages.

• Like 1

Everyone can rest easy, the apocalypse is not upon us! darin3 and I are back where we belong

Alabama's elite defensive players have not translated well to the NFL for the most part. A lot of high draft picks not making an impact on the field. Mark Barron was a way more talented player coming out of Alabama and he's been a major disappointment for a 7th overall pick. Like I said, I think Dix can play in the NFL, I just don't see him being a difference maker. Dix is not capable of playing SS IMO. Sure, he can lay the lumber to someone, but he takes some poor angles on running plays and is not good at shedding blockers. If he had trouble getting off blocks at Alabama against inferior competition he'll get eaten alive in the NFL if he is in the box. He has average speed at best for the FS position, but has shown he has great instincts playing center field. The bigger problem with this pick for the Packers is that Burnett (who had bad year last season) is also a much better FS than a SS, so it will be interesting to see who they put where.

Everyone can rest easy, the apocalypse is not upon us! darin3 and I are back where we belong

Alabama's elite defensive players have not translated well to the NFL for the most part. A lot of high draft picks not making an impact on the field. Mark Barron was a way more talented player coming out of Alabama and he's been a major disappointment for a 7th overall pick. Like I said, I think Dix can play in the NFL, I just don't see him being a difference maker. Dix is not capable of playing SS IMO. Sure, he can lay the lumber to someone, but he takes some poor angles on running plays and is not good at shedding blockers. If he had trouble getting off blocks at Alabama against inferior competition he'll get eaten alive in the NFL if he is in the box. He has average speed at best for the FS position, but has shown he has great instincts playing center field. The bigger problem with this pick for the Packers is that Burnett (who had bad year last season) is also a much better FS than a SS, so it will be interesting to see who they put where.

:thinking: We're talking about fantasy football here, right? Mark Barron is an absolute monster fantasy-wise and I suspect Clinton-Dix will be too.

Everything I've heard is that he'll start and will be interchangeable with Burnett in terms of SS/FS. We'll see if that's actually the case.

Barron may rack up fantasy numbers (I do not play in a league that uses defensive players so I don't know his value), but that doesn't make him a good football player. He ranked in the bottom 3rd of all starting safeties last year, mostly to do with his horrendous pass defense.

As a Bears fan I'm happy to hear they think the two FS's they have are capable of playing SS. Ted Thompson has done a marvelous job of building this team, but he has shown in recent years to swing and miss on his 1st round selections. I think this will be another.