[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jaguars fire OC Greg Olsen

Wolverines Fan

The whole coaching staff likely gone at the end of the season. Khan (hopefully) wants to appear to be a man of his word to get some good coaching prospects interested. He said early on he'd give Gus 4 years and he has. As they say your word is gold in the business world. Firing Olson was more than likely a desperation move by Gus. If they can pull out a few wins he's hoping to keep his Job. Unfortunately that ship has sailed and the schedule gets pretty damn tough from here on out. Team motto of the Jags "always next year"

Hadn't realized he made that 4 year promise for Gus, I agree if you are firing guys every year or two, or before the time you promised them, other good candidates will pass on the job. I was afraid the Browns were headed down that path, and they may still be if they go 0-16 then have a bad start to 2017 Haslam may overreact and fire Hue.

I've been hearing people call for Gus Bradley to be fired all year, some thought for sure after the bad TNF game he'd be fired. I guess they forgot (or don't care) about Khan's promise and him being a smart businessman to keep his promise.

PS The Browns hold the copyright on "wait until next year".

I frequent a Jags forums and while everyone remembers Khan's promise, most will argue that it could be easily overlooked by the fact that Gus Bradley is literally the worst coach of the superbowl era. Personally I think he could have gotten away with firing at the end of last season but there was an air of hope after the draft. Guess it's worth noting that Khan has also gone on record as saying he'd never fire a coach mid-season. So far he seems to be delivering on his promises. But if Gus and the incompetent coaching staff survive this season, there's no words really.

Dave Caldwell is alright though, wouldn't mind seeing him stay through another coach.