[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JD McKissic

michaelredd9

JD McKissic looked extremely good.  The Seahawks converted him from wide receiver to running back so he obviously has great receiving skills.  If I'm going to own a running back on a team with a horrible offensive line, I'd rather he was a 3rd down type back so he can at least get reception points.  I don't see much upside with plodding running backs like Rawls and Lacy running behind Seattle's offensively bad offensive line.  And with Prosise's injury issues, it isn't inconceivable that McKissic could get a lot of playing time this year.  Even with a healthy Prosise, it'll be hard to keep McKissic off the field if he continues playing like he did on Sunday. 

Here are McKissic's highlights from Sunday:

Edited by michaelredd9

1 hour ago, CowboysDiehard said:

...but do you think there's consistent enough action for him to warrant a start?  Maybe only when Prosise is confirmed out for a game.  If Prosise is active, McKissic's touches will be severely limited.

I've rostered him as a stash-and-wait player on a team with 20 man roster.  Prosise cannot stay healthy.  Pete Carroll said he would be surprised if Prosise didn't play this week but Prosise didn't practice yesterday.  I think if he doesn't practice again today that he'll be unlikely to play Sunday.  Seattle having McKissic makes rushing Prosise back from injury less important.

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Interesting guy, another WR getting lots of time playing RB.  Might be a good option to upgrade my WR.

He has dual eligibility at running back and wide receiver in CBS leagues.  In MFL leagues, he is only a running back.

Edited by michaelredd9

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

He has dual eligibility at running back and wide receiver in CBS leagues.  In MFL leagues, he is only a running back.

Depends on the CBS league settings, I'm commish on ours and he shows only as WR, I checked and found there is a setting called

PLAYER ELIGIBILTY POLICY and ours is set to "only at their primary position".  Not sure if that is new or not, we've never had dual eligibilty players, I suppose we may consider it in the future.

Would not be surprised if MFL and other sites have a similar feature, or way for a commissioner to allow dual eligibility.

He looks to me like the guy if you have a roster spot open, take a shot.  We will all know within three weeks if this was a fluke or if he is more a part of the offense.  

I picked him up.  I never liked Lacy and feel he is a bad fit for Seattle.  Rawls and Prosise just can't stay healthy.  As long as JD avoids the injury bug, I think he will continue to see and increase in touches, eventually becoming a solid flex option.

Prosise is listed as doubtful.  I have a feeling that Pete Carroll might want to play with his new toy and see what he has in McKissic.  We already know that Pete doesn't care much for Rawls and Lacy since each has been a game day inactive while healthy this year.  The Seahawks are facing the Rams who have given up the most fantasy points to opposing running backs this year.

Edited by michaelredd9

29 minutes ago, captain77 said:

I wouldn't call Rawls a plodding RB.  He can't stay healthy but hardly a plodding RB. Lacy is 100% plodder.  While I agree that PC does not care much for Lacy, I believe he is a fan of Rawls...when healthy.  

You're right, Rawls isn't a plodder.  But I don't think we really know what Pete Carroll thinks about him.  Pete Carroll talks as if he loves every player.  We do know that Rawls got 0 touches in week 3, was a healthy inactive last week and that he averaged 3.2 yards per carry last year.  I'm sure Rawls will start the game but he'll likely be on a very short leash.  Fortunately for Rawls, he is playing the Rams.

Edited by michaelredd9

PC does talk up most players but it's clear he is no fan of Lacy.  I think if (which is very unlikely) Rawls stays healthy he will be solid.  Rawls hasn't been healthy since he filled in for Lynch in 2015.

I'm guessing Rawls gets the bulk of the carries with Eddie "Meatball" Lacy spelling him and JD as the 3rd down/pass catching back.  Until things change :)

Edited by captain77

42 minutes ago, captain77 said:

Oh I know.  He loves his "china food" but I feel like "meatball" is a very fitting nickname for an overweight, plodding back.  I have been calling him meatball since he signed with the hawks...and will until he gets released.

:unsure: