[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Midway Point- Sell High By Low

Gourdeau

4 hours ago, XFlash said:

For sure, this game at SEA seals it.

Many were not sure how much to trust a rookie no matter how previous games went, to go into SEA and Legion of Boom and not only score, but score multiple TDs against the SEA secondary and 400+ yds.

He is my starter ROS!!!!

Not singling you out but since you used the Legion of Boom, and others talked about this being a tough matchup for Watson in Seattle, are they really that vaunted tough defense from years past? They held GB to 19 in a road loss, held SF to 0, Colts to 18, Rams to 10 (that was impressive on the road), and NYG to 7, but gave up an 33 to TEN (road loss) and 38 HOU.  They did well against 4 bad teams, and 2.

Not diminishing what Watson did.

I also think Seattle is more of a middling defense this year.  Not saying sell on Watson/Hopkins/Fuller though cause it looks like they'll get you to the playoffs and you can't win if you're not playing; but I would be very concerned about there playoff schedule.  Jax and Pitt are no slouches against the pass with front lines that generate a ton of pressure.  Its very probable that the Texan players disappoint week 15/16. 

It's already been covered elsewhere, but yes...Seattle is still a tough D, and top 10 in most metrics.  Naysayers will say whatever to try and diminish what Watson has done so far.  He's put up 30+ burgers for weeks now, what is it going to take to convince you guys that he's a stud that's a must-start from here on out?

11 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Not singling you out but since you used the Legion of Boom, and others talked about this being a tough matchup for Watson in Seattle, are they really that vaunted tough defense from years past? They held GB to 19 in a road loss, held SF to 0, Colts to 18, Rams to 10 (that was impressive on the road), and NYG to 7, but gave up an 33 to TEN (road loss) and 38 HOU.  They did well against 4 bad teams, and 2.

Not diminishing what Watson did.

SEA always plays tough at home.  Very loud and SEA defense almost always plays better at home.

I think it is because of Watson mobility that made their defense seem less.  Any secondary can only cover for certain amount of time.  I'm surprised that since they practice against their own mobile QB (Wilson) all the time, that they would have been better prepared.

SEA defensive line has taken injuries, that could be a factor too.

Watson being a rookie to play very well in that tough environment says a lot.  He will be great the rest of the season. 

Watson didn't turn the ball over a lot until that last game with Houston, he only had 6 picks in 5 starts, vs 15 TDs.

I watched that game last night, he generally looks poised and far from a rookie or turnover prone. Very few QBs are Tom Brady like (16TD 2INT).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Watson didn't turn the ball over a lot until that last game with Houston, he only had 6 picks in 5 starts, vs 15 TDs.

I watched that game last night, he generally looks poised and far from a rookie or turnover prone. Very few QBs are Alex Smith like (16TD 0INT).

Fixed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on Keenan Allen ? Have not watched a snap of chargers football.. He looks to have a Very favorable week 15 and 16 matchup. Looks like he was Highly targeted first 6 weeks, some tough matchups last few weeks ( Den Jax) i just traded Cooks Burkhead and Dougy to the Freeman owner who has bye week issues at rb for Devonta freeman Keenan Allen and Greg Olsen. Little gamble on Olsen but worth a shot. As disappointing as Allen has been hes only about 15 points back of Cooks in a PPR

On 10/30/2017 at 3:47 PM, Shorttynaz said:

My season is all but over already. Some might say it's selling low some might say it's selling high, but I just traded away Dez Bryant for Alshon Jeffery and Marvin Jones Jr.

Is it a keeper league?  In one of my two keeper leagues (this is a keep two league), I'm 4-6 even though I have 4th most points.  The division the commish has me in, and never changes, is a beast from year to year.  Time to shake things up, I am negotiating a trade of AB and either Michael Thomas or Russell Wilson for Zeke and DeShaun.  Two anchors at QB and RB next year should help give me flexibility through the rest of the draft.  Rest of the league won't be happy (giving two top players for two who aren't playing, but that's their problem.  They are the ones who voted in the two keepers several years ago.  Those chickens are about to come home to roost).

4 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Is it a keeper league?  In one of my two keeper leagues (this is a keep two league), I'm 4-6 even though I have 4th most points.  The division the commish has me in, and never changes, is a beast from year to year.  Time to shake things up, I am negotiating a trade of AB and either Michael Thomas or Russell Wilson for Zeke and DeShaun.  Two anchors at QB and RB next year should help give me flexibility through the rest of the draft.  Rest of the league won't be happy (giving two top players for two who aren't playing, but that's their problem.  They are the ones who voted in the two keepers several years ago.  Those chickens are about to come home to roost).

Perfectly acceptable in a keeper league, we even allow picks to be traded and have seen a surge in trades this year, some of it is teams mostly out of contention in which case the trade value is players of value now for something of value later.

• Thanks 1