[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Sony

gallagorilla

Sony could immediately start playing 70% of snaps and be a top-5 fantasy running back.  Or he could be on the bench.  No running back has as extreme of realistic possibilities as Michel.  He is the definition of high risk/high reward.  I think he does well.  I think he is good.  He is dynamic.  The Patriots have a good offensive line.  The Patriots have a big hole at running back and I think Michel will fill that hole and prosper.  His knee is my biggest concern.  And Belichick.  But Belichick factor could work in his favor, too.

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

Hard to trust any Patriot RB.  One game, they lean on one RB and then people try to pick him up.  The very next game, they will go with another RB.  Only guy that really worked out as a producer for FF was Blunt.  Dion Lewis was too inconsistent.  

2010 & 2011, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, amazing the guy also had over 1000 yards rushing in 2012 with Bengals. 

career stats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indyrckstar said:

Hard to trust any Patriot RB.  One game, they lean on one RB and then people try to pick him up.  The very next game, they will go with another RB.  Only guy that really worked out as a producer for FF was Blunt.  Dion Lewis was too inconsistent.  

Burkhead was pretty consistent last year. 

Edited by rajncajn

54 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Burkhead was pretty consistent last year. 

It was all or nothing with Burkhead in terms of TDs though.  If he got a TD (had 8 TDs last year), you got the most out of him.  If not, his stats were 264 yards rushing and 254 yards receiving for the entire season.  The amount of touches per game wasn't there.

He reminds me of William Fuller (I had him last year) with amount of chances vs getting the most out of the touches. 

I guess it depends on how big a league is.  For a ten team league, I would have him really down on the list.  For a 16 team league, definitely would have value.

58 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

It was all or nothing with Burkhead in terms of TDs though.  If he got a TD (had 8 TDs last year), you got the most out of him.  If not, his stats were 264 yards rushing and 254 yards receiving for the entire season.  The amount of touches per game wasn't there.

He reminds me of William Fuller (I had him last year) with amount of chances vs getting the most out of the touches. 

I guess it depends on how big a league is.  For a ten team league, I would have him really down on the list.  For a 16 team league, definitely would have value.

Well I'm in a 10 team league with a very deep bench - so much so that I'll either need to drop players or quickly make some 2/1 trades happen to make room for a kicker and idp. I'm especially deep at rb so trading a proven commodity for a high risk/reward player seems worthy of the gamble.

My current bench:

Collins

Hyde

Barber

K Johnson

Goodwin

Hogan 

Golladay