[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 4 Waiver Wire

michaelredd9

With Ezekiel Elliot being the walking wounded, Rod Smith is a nice pickup.  Rod Smith has the size to carry a large workload and little competition for backup duties.  Dallas still has an above average offensive line and a deep need to feature their running back.  Even if Zeke manages to stay healthy enough to play the rest of the season, he is a likely candidate to get shut down as soon as Dallas is eliminated from playoff contention.  I already have Rod penciled in my lineup for week 15 and week 16.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like a very speculative pickup, I know that's where a lot of them fall.

Right now I'm looking at guys like Trubisky, Cohen and my sleeper is HOU rookie WR Keke Coutee who in his first game this year led the team in targets and receptions. I had drafted Trubsky as my backup with possible keeper value, then dropped him for Dalton after a couple weeks. Not sure I want to carry 3 QBs, but with a bad 1-3 start I'm starting to think more long term.

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

With Ezekiel Elliot being the walking wounded, Rod Smith is a nice pickup.  Rod Smith has the size to carry a large workload and little competition for backup duties.  Dallas still has an above average offensive line and a deep need to feature their running back.  Even if Zeke manages to stay healthy enough to play the rest of the season, he is a likely candidate to get shut down as soon as Dallas is eliminated from playoff contention.  I already have Rod penciled in my lineup for week 15 and week 16.

nice take but too early it is only week 5

2 hours ago, kevin81mvp said:

nice take but too early it is only week 5

Well, I dropped Rod in a couple of leagues where I drafted him as a handcuff for Zeke.  Likely will have to pick him up again.  Good thing Fitz fizzled, I have someone to drop in both.

Greg Olsen (TE-CAR)

Maybe a bit early, but keep an eye on Greg Olsen if he got dropped in your league (as he was in mine following the week 1 injury). He may be returning to practice soon, and could be back later this month. Not sure if he returns to form but has been a top 5 TE before. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Cairo Santos is the new kicker for the Rams.  In his 4 seasons, he has never hit fewer than 80% of his field goals.  He is 7 of 13 from 50+ yards.  On that offense, he is a top 5 kicker as long as Zuerlein is out.

I think this is a signal that Legatron is out for awhile.

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

he was a draft and training camp darling, then had a rough pre-season and everyone dropped him. He was drafted in the 2nd round of my rookie draft some months ago. Last month, I gave a 2019 3rd to acquire him because the owner gave up on him completely. I just traded him plus a 2019 3rd for Eric Ebron (TE friendly league). So his value has been on a big rollercoaster ride.

I think he's a good pick up.

I'm rolling him this week with Indy likely playing catchup and no TY.. chexdown heaven... now that I've said this out loud he'll put up a clunker

• Thanks 1

I think the Jaguars are going to start featuring Corey Grant this week.  Yeldon has been unspectacular.  He is graded as the 3rd worst running back so far this year according to PFF.  Yeldon is graded poorly at running, receiving, and pass blocking.  The Jaguars could use a spark at the running back position and Corey Grant is a spark and a half.  His 4.2 speed makes him a threat to score it every time he touches the ball.  His elite receiving skills could make him fantasy gold.  This is the week to pick him up.

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

I think this is a signal that Legatron is out for awhile.

Could be, saw the team say "at least one more week": and that prior to now there was a chance he could play vs SEA in week 5. So they cut Fricken who was bad in 2 games missing 3 FG including one from under 30 (another under 40 and one over 4) as well as an extra point to sign a better kicker, not sure why he wasn't signed earlier.