[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Corey Clement or Mr. Wendell

michaelredd9

I've heard rumors of the Eagles sniffing around for a veteran like Ameer Abdullah, but its pure rumor at this point.  

The other question becomes, once Sproles comes back from his hammy, will he be the main guy???  

Report: Eagles called Bills about LeSean McCoy

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

The Eagles need a running back. The Eagles have cap room. They’ve been willing to bring back former players in the past.

If you’re looking to play connect-the-dots, this one makes a degree of sense.

According to Josh Reed of WIVB in Buffalo, the Eagles have called the Bills to see if running back LeSean McCoy was available.

McCoy spent his first six years with the Eagles, and would likely be willing if not eager to leave a rebuilding project for a more established team. And the Eagles could certainly use a back of his category, after losing Jay Ajayi to a torn ACL.

It’s unclear if the Bills would want to unload him, as that would be a de facto admission that this season is about getting in position for next season (and given their giant pile of dead money, it’s a reasonable position).

Reported restructuring of Fletcher Cox contract could help Eagles bolster weapons or keep vets

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/fletcher-cox-philadelphia-eagles-contract-restructuring-salary-cap-space-20181009.html

It is unclear what the Eagles intend to do with the 2018 and 2019 salary-cap space they reportedly have created by restructuring Fletcher Cox's contract. It  seems to be coincidence that the ESPN report of the team's moving money around to create $6.5 million of cap room this year and $11.7 million next year came out right around the time Monday that the Eagles put their top running back, Jay Ajayi, on injured reserve because of a torn ACL.

Edited by michaelredd9

I'm grabbing Smallwood off waivers, read some good stuff about him being the better option now, but cannot recall where. Even when Sproles return he won't take much of a share.  I've got top waiver pick and Clement was already on a team. 

Now if they sign another RB like McCoy, that changes things. 

I grabbed Smallwood speculatively. Even if Clement plays, which seems likely after putting in a full practice today, I think there's enough for both Clement and Smallwood in a PPR league. Let's be honest, if you're considering Smallwood at this point it's because you need depth badly or a bye week fill-in, so he's probably as good as you'll get.

Smallwood is JAG.  Clement is better.  But Pederson has seemed to like a committee approach to the backfield so maybe no Eagles running back will end up better than a rb3.   If it turns out to be an even split, Clement has more value than Smallwood because he'll get more receptions and goal line touches.  But I think Sproles is a bigger threat than Smallwood to Clement's workload.  If Clement were available on waivers in any of my leagues, I would bid 60%-90% of my FAAB on him.  He is risky but his ceiling his high.

2017 PFF grades        Overall   Run   Receiving  Pass Block

Corey Clement              74.1     71.2       71.5           80.9

Wendell Smallwood      61.2      64.0       64.8          29.5

2018 PFF Grades        Overall  Run  Receiving  Pass Block

Corey Clement               64.1    62.1       62.3          80.8

Wendell Smallwood       60.6     72.0      41.6           69.0

Edited by michaelredd9

Seeing reports that Bears RB Jordan Howard could be a target for the Eagles to acquire in a trade. 

Clement was dropped in my league, I have a feeling he gets signed from waivers, but won't be me. 

I'm just looking for guys with an opportunity, that is why I'm looking at guys like Smallwood. Right now on my team that is 6 RBs to fill 2 starting slots.

- Yeldon replacing Fournette, got another week there

- Coleman getting the lions share with Freeman out, that's ended but I started him last week, won't this week

- Carson getting shot at top spot or at least larger share

- Cohen getting more looks than Howard, now the talk of trade

- Barber almost a lost cause, my next guy to be cut, but he's the primary 

- Smallwood much bigger role now with AJayi out for season, Sproles still banged up 

I have one or the other in a most of my leagues.... thinking Clement has the higher upside.

Smallwood nice flex plug in PPR.

Josh Adams has more value than Sproles at this point imo and worth maybe a stash if you have the bench ... Sproles cant stay healthy

Rotoworld is reporting that Clement will likely lead the backfield but it is based on virtually nothing.  They cite Zach Rosenblatt of NJ Advance Media.  Rosenblatt is purely speculating.  He has no inside information from the Eagles.  His entire reasoning is that Clement outsnapped Smallwood 45-29 in week 3.  But Clement might still be dealing with his quad injury and Smallwood has played well in Clement's absence.  I'm hoping the Eagles announce a starter before the game starts.

Corey Clement will lead backfield Thursday?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/382743/corey-clement-will-lead-backfield-thursday?ls=roto:phi:topheadlines&rw=1

NJ Advance Media's Zack Rosenblatt expects Corey Clement to lead the Eagles' backfield Thursday night against the Giants.

Rosenblatt notes the Eagles have already played a game without Jay Ajayi this season, and Clement played 55 percent of the snaps while finishing with 16 carries. Wendell Smallwood played just 35 percent of the snaps on his way to 10 carries, but he did score a touchdown. Clement has been sidelined since that game, so it is possible Smallwood gets a little more work Thursday night. Even so, Clement is the better fantasy bet. Both are worth a look as an RB3/FLEX.
Source: NJ Advance Media
Oct 11 - 10:09 AM

I am sitting Smallwood for this week, I have better options with Yeldon (Fournette out) Coleman (Freeman questionable) or Carson (I watched LAR-SEA game last night, he looks really good).  His projections and rankings are pretty close to my other 2 bottom end RB (Cohen and Barber).

TNF is always a risk. Plus I already have Ertz and PHI D going whenever they play. 

This from ESPN's Adam Caplan:

Erin Andrews on Fox pregame show: - Pederson told her Corey Clement (quadriceps) will be on a "pitch count." She added Pederson told her, "we need to see what kind of game shape he is in."

Wendell Smallwood will get the start.

Edited by michaelredd9