[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much risk do you accept in championship game?

ClayMC

Luck has been the perfect picture of consistency... until the last 3 weeks, where he's scored in single digits in 2 of his 3 starts. He has another questionable match-up against the Giants. Not questionable because the Giants have an outstanding pass defense, but questionable because teams don't have to beat them through the air because their run defense is so poor. And with Mack coming off another good game...

Do I play the safe option (Luck), or do i get a little risky and play Allen who will be playing from behind and should have PLENTY of opportunities to score some fantasy points?

12-team PPR (in the championship, baby!)

QB: Luck (Allen)

WR: Hopkins, J. Jones, M. Thomas (Samuel)

RB: Gurley, Kamara (Edwards, Adams)

TE: Gronk (McDonald)

Edited by ClayMC

11 minutes ago, Pazzoman said:

I would roll with luck still...

how is your roster a 12 team? looks more like a one team league 

Seriously, that is 4 top 10 picks and 6 or 7 top 20 picks.

No way he made enough trades to make that happen in a legitimate league, something is bogus.

I shouldn’t have included my team. This happens every time I ask for advice.

yes, it’s a legitimate, albeit not extremely active, league, and no, there was no collusion. I had a really good draft, particularly in the later rounds, managed to hit gold on nearly all this year’s best FAs, and turned several 3-for-1ish trades. My advantage didn’t come from trades, my advantage came from getting lucky with all my free agent signings and constantly churning them out for upgrades. You’ll notice that nearly all my trades below featured free agents that emerged as quality starting options.

For example:

Kupp, Peterson, Breida for J. Jones

Ingram, Bell, Howard, Brees, Crabtree for Gurley, Wilson

Lindsay, Edelman, Landry for Smith-Schuster, M. Jones

Smith-Schuster, Chubb, Wilson, Houston DST for Luck, M. Thomas

The only trade I feel guilty about is

Reed, Cobb, and which ever DST was hot at the moment for Hopkins. 

That was just absurd. A lowball I figured would never get accepted. But he lost his TE to injury, and as we all know the waiver wire for TE has been bare all year, and he really wanted his Rodgers-to-Cobb connection as well as a DST that he felt he could set and forget. But this trade was the exception. Everything else was balanced IMO.

6 hours ago, ClayMC said:

yes, it’s a legitimate, albeit not extremely active, league, and no, there was no collusion. I had a really good draft, particularly in the later rounds, managed to hit gold on nearly all this year’s best FAs, and turned several 3-for-1ish trades. My advantage didn’t come from trades, my advantage came from getting lucky with all my free agent signings and constantly churning them out for upgrades. You’ll notice that nearly all my trades below featured free agents that emerged as quality starting options.

For example:

That was just absurd. A lowball I figured would never get accepted. But he lost his TE to injury, and as we all know the waiver wire for TE has been bare all year, and he really wanted his Rodgers-to-Cobb connection as well as a DST that he felt he could set and forget. But this trade was the exception. Everything else was balanced IMO.

Dam. Can i join this league. 

The leagues I play wouldnt trade gurley unless

they getting a top 10 rb back. 

3 hours ago, Papoots said:

Dam. Can i join this league. 

The leagues I play wouldnt trade gurley unless

they getting a top 10 rb back. 

This was when Bell was rumored to be returning within days. I sold him that Bell was a top-10 back. Ingram, Howard, and Brees rounded out the trade. For a guy who had no RB2 and Wilson as his QB, it didn’t take much convincing.

18 hours ago, ClayMC said:

For example:

Sorry didn't mean it in bad way, was just super surprised to a see a team like that, you basically built a dream team we all wish we had in the chip, I thought my yahoo league down below was amazing...than I  saw yours and I'm shocked lol. Hey if your playing for money honestly who cares a trade is a trade. Go win that chip! Is dak available, im starting him. 

Edited by Pazzoman

23 hours ago, Pazzoman said:

Sorry didn't mean it in bad way, was just super surprised to a see a team like that, you basically built a dream team we all wish we had in the chip, I thought my yahoo league down below was amazing...than I  saw yours and I'm shocked lol. Hey if your playing for money honestly who cares a trade is a trade. Go win that chip! Is dak available, im starting him. 

I'm actually curious who you started in week 14. Most of those guys had pretty down games that week...

Or did you have a bye? I'm jealous if you did. My 14-team big money league has no byes. 8 teams make the playoffs, no byes. Really f--ked me over this year considering I was the #1 seed.