[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What round will you draft Josh Gordon?

michaelredd9

21 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Thanks. Im not buying the Henry Bell cow hype. They aren't paying Dion Lewis 5 mil a year to be a backup.

I hope this.  I got Lewis as RB#2 in the #3 league.

EDIT:  sorry, it was in 32 homers.

Edited by XFlash

2 hours ago, loaf said:

Yep, and I never drafted Gronk in the last several years, or Rodgers or Leonard, for that matter. I'm a risk taker but with rookies, not with injuries and addicts

Gronk had a 9 year career, played in 115 games and started 100.

Gordon has been in the NFL since 2012, 7 seasons, and has played in 52 games, starting 49.  

Entered the NFL 2 years later, played in half as many games. I'd say Gronk was far more reliable than Josh. I'd also say Josh has shown pretty clearly that he won't/can't stay clean. Gronk's worst seasons missing games with injuries were surrounded by others with double digit starts. 

If Gronk were still playing I'd trust him far more than Josh.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Gronk had a 9 year career, played in 115 games and started 100.

Gordon has been in the NFL since 2012, 7 seasons, and has played in 52 games, starting 49.  

Entered the NFL 2 years later, played in half as many games. I'd say Gronk was far more reliable than Josh. I'd also say Josh has shown pretty clearly that he won't/can't stay clean. Gronk's worst seasons missing games with injuries were surrounded by others with double digit starts. 

If Gronk were still playing I'd trust him far more than Josh.

I'm with you there but my risk comparison was relative to the round of selection. My response was to the fella saying he couldn't understand why he was being selected in the 10th round. Who else in 10th round has the potential to put up 80 catches 1200 yards and 10 tds IF and that's a big if, he plays even say 14 of 16 games.

24 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Who else in 10th round has the potential to put up 80 catches 1200 yards and 10 tds IF and that's a big if, he plays even say 14 of 16 games.

I don't totally disagree with you. But that's a lot of "ifs" and I've learned my lesson. You know he will spin himself out, that's a fact. You just don't know when. He won't play anywhere near 14 games, won't happen. That being said I would have no problem with someone drafting him later in a 12 team league. Just not me.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't totally disagree with you. But that's a lot of "ifs" and I've learned my lesson. You know he will spin himself out, that's a fact. You just don't know when. He won't play anywhere near 14 games, won't happen. That being said I would have no problem with someone drafting him later in a 12 team league. Just not me.

You never know. Maybe he hit rock bottom ! Lol

I took the Gordon bait in rd 7 yesterday.  (gulp)

Couldn't resist the upside, no matter how mythical it probably is. 

My WRs in that 12-team league:

Round 1 - Julio Jones

Round 5 - Godwin

Round 6 - DJ Moore

Round 7 - Josh Gordon

Round 10 - James Washington

Round 11 -  Allison

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I took the Gordon bait in rd 7 yesterday.  (gulp)

Couldn't resist the upside, no matter how mythical it probably is. 

My WRs in that 12-team league:

Round 1 - Julio Jones

Round 5 - Godwin

Round 6 - DJ Moore

Round 7 - Josh Gordon

Round 10 - James Washington

Round 11 -  Allison

I like Godwin a ton this year. 

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

He's my WR1 this year so I guess I have too also ! Didnt have my 1st or 2nd round picks and went RB in round 3 and 4. Got Godwin at 5.9 in a 10 teamer

I am also a fan of Godwin.  The variable is more Winston.  Round 5 is a definite good deal. 

Edited by purplemonster