[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Carson and Penny on same team?

Preston

What are you guys thoughts on drafting both Carson and Penny on the same team. I did it in my 14 team draft this pass weekend and am wondering is this a good strategy for future drafts. The way i see it Carson could be a low rb1 or high rb2 and Penny a flex with the amount of run plays Seattle does and at worse if 1 goes down you have a workhorse back in one of the leagues top running offenses. 

Yea zeke fell to me at 10 so i took the risk. Got carson in the 4th so i just wanted to secure my rb1 and rb2 by taking penny in the 7th. The only way i see it failing is if both get hurt or its a clean 50/50 split. Ive never tried this strategy though

My opinion on it, as with most committee situations, is that while I would not actively avoid taking them, I would not be reaching to take both of them. 

Essentially, in your particular situation, when your pick came up in the 7th round and you decided that RB was the highest position of need, so long as Penny was your highest rated RB, it was the right choice. If you passed on someone you had rated higher even factoring in the insurance factor Penny provides, then it was a mistake.

Carson is going to have his wheels tested this season.  I don't see Penny as a change of pace or a 3rd down back.  Outside of Austin Ekeler, he's probably the most vital handcuff to stash on your bench and hope you never have to use him.