[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weird year for WRs?

Shaft

Is it just me or are wide receivers insanely unpredictable this year? I was going to trade for one and realizing there is not one I trust. The big names are not producing and the new kids on the block don't have a reputation yet; at least not enough for me to be confident in them.

11 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

Yep

Really wasted drafting WRs in the end of the 2nd and early 3rd when I am able to find WRs in later rounds/free agency.  Next year, drafting RBs for like 5-6 straight rounds...

Hmm...skimming top 20 WRs and I see maybe 2 that were ADPing past round 6.  

9 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Hmm...skimming top 20 WRs and I see maybe 2 that were ADPing past round 6.  

Depends on league setup.  I am in a 10 team league.  In our league, the first 2 picks for rounds 6 were Cooper Kupp and Chris Godwin.   Guys that went after that include Golladay, Lockett, Boyd and Fitzgerald (I drafted him).  Free agents includes McLaurin (i picked him up), Chark, Ross, and Sutton.   All of these names are in cbs top 20 WRs with Fitzgerald being #20 currently.  I am using Huddle website for the cheatsheet.  So about 50% of the top 20 WRs are starting round 6 and beyond.

Huddle Cheat Sheet

Edited by indyrckstar

3 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

Yep

Really wasted drafting WRs in the end of the 2nd and early 3rd when I am able to find WRs in later rounds/free agency.  Next year, drafting RBs for like 5-6 straight rounds...

That was pretty much my strategy this year.  Worked out pretty well so far as I have Chark and Fuller and picked up Metcalf and Hollywood Brown.  That said, a little more reliable WR points would be nice although steady RB points which I have been getting are better.  Much easier to find passable WR help on waivers or trades than it is to find RBs

Edited by purplemonster