[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade ethics?

Calculated

So, Friday night I offered a trade and the other owner accepted it, but it is only going to pass Monday morning on yahoo.  The trade involved me giving up Devonta Freeman, but he just got injured today and didn't return to the game.  What am I supposed to do in this situation?  The other owner hasn't mentioned anything, so I'm unsure if they are aware or not.  I would feel like a d*** if I just let it go through and the owner wasn't aware, just to find that their newly acquired asset is possibly a toss up for next week.  I wasn't watching the game, so I'm not sure how serious the injury is, but I at least got a notification about his status update.  Do I say something?  Do I just let it go through and not look back?  The receiving owner is in first place, but are seriously hurting at RB, meanwhile I'm stacked and was trying to unload someone before the trade deadline.

Years back - I once dealt a really good WR who ended up tearing a ACL in practice the day after the trade went through.

I felt bad, so I offered a choice of a couple guys as a replacement (wasn't as good as original guy, but better than nothing)...

I think I would give the owner that option as a goodwill gesture if his injury is serious

2 hours ago, Seattle Beerdrinker said:

Years back - I once dealt a really good WR who ended up tearing a ACL in practice the day after the trade went through.

I felt bad, so I offered a choice of a couple guys as a replacement (wasn't as good as original guy, but better than nothing)...

I think I would give the owner that option as a goodwill gesture if his injury is serious

I had a similar situation occur with a traded player who got injured in the window before it finalized. I texted him and offered to stop the trade but he took him anyway on a gamble (that didn't pan out). 

After that season was over I abolished the trade window, now they're effective immediately. 

If I just let it be and it turns out that his injury is severe and is missing time, what would you think about giving to the other owner the option of reversing the trade if they wish to do so?  Since we are technically past the trade deadline I don't think it would be fair to the other owners in the league, that the two of us continues trade negotiations and try to work something else out.  Just the option to undo the trade and that's that.  I'm the commish in the league, so I don't want it to come across like I'm trying to bend the rules for myself.

I had a trade earlier this season trading Jarvis Landry for Antonio Brown when he was released from the Raiders.

Even though there was no news of Brown being picked up by the Patriots, our league understood that the trade was still to continue.  No matter what.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, millworkguy said:

I think the lesson here is dont accept an offer before the player has played 

I was actually the one trading away Freeman; I would've won the trade even if Freeman stayed healthy, but after he got injured during the trade window I just felt bad for the other person.  The other person didn't say anything when I offered to possibly work something else out, so we just left everything be.  I think the lesson is to remove the trade window from the league next season.  It's only use is to review/veto possible collusion, but the commish could easily just call for a vote among the league if a collusion trade is made.