[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kamara's holdout

8rattoon

On 9/1/2020 at 6:08 PM, rajncajn said:

Supposed to be back at practice tomorrow. Supposedly he had an epidural in his back that had him off the practice field for a few days.

As for contact negotiations,  supposedly they are close to agreeing on an extension. About 2 million apart. 

Does their imminent signing and massive contract for Clowney impact the situation at all? 

3 hours ago, 8rattoon said:

Does their imminent signing and massive contract for Clowney impact the situation at all? 

Possibly, but the rumor right now is that they are trying to restructure a few other contracts to make it work. I read that the Saints are flying one of the coaches out to Houston to talk to Clowney directly, but I don't think his signing is guaranteed by any stretch. Saints, despite the talk are probably going to ask him to take less than he's being offered elsewhere. I don't think it really impacts Kamara's decision to sign a whole lot though. Despite year after year of sports analysts claiming the Saints are in cap trouble, Loomis always seems to be able to make it work. It's what makes him one of the better GMs in the league.

I'm really interested in how they work in Clowney on the field, though. They still have Cam Jordan and Marcus Davenport. Davenport gets hurt a lot and so does Clowney, but I can't see him coming in as just a rotational guy or either one just being there for insurance. I think the Saints have some ideas about doing some different DL fronts and standing up Davenport & Clowney. Cam Jordan also can shift inside, so you could possibly see all three on the field in pass rush situations.

Edited by rajncajn

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/alvin-kamara-saints-reach-contract-extension

Per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, it's a five-year, $77.1 million extension that gives Kamara $75 million in new money and a $15 million signing bonus. So, Kamara is tied to the Saints for the next six seasons receiving $34.333 million in guarantees.