[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Woods gets 4-year, $65 million extension

Shaft

The Rams and Robert Woods have agreed to terms on a four-year, $65 million extension, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation. The extension is worth a maximum amount of $68 million and includes $32 million in guaranteed money.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Yes,.1100 yards is great but I need more than 2 TDs for that money. None this year so far. Tyler Boyd gives me better numbers. 

This isn't fantasy, it's real life. He's right where he should be for his caliber of play (i.e. Thielen, Kupp, Landry, etc.)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shaft said:

This isn't fantasy, it's real life. He's right where he should be for his caliber of play (i.e. Thielen, Kupp, Landry, etc.)

I believe they all score more TDs. I could be wrong but for me he's not in that company yet. For me 70 yards a game isn't special. Just my opinion. 

Edited by League_Champion

Over the past three seasons, Woods ranks among the top 11 NFL receivers in receptions, receiving yards and yards after catch. He produced consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons in 2018 and 2019 and last season led all NFL receivers with 577 yards after the catch

Yea, if you're a top 10ish guy at WR and elite at YAC; you're gonna get a good contract. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

On 9/21/2020 at 12:56 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Yea, if you're a top 10ish guy at WR and elite at YAC; you're gonna get a good contract. 

I think he's a very good player, not elite like you say. He had 2 friggin catches for 14 yards this week against a terrible Philly secondary. He's inconsistent as anyone in the league. That's not elite. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I think he's a very good player, not elite like you say. He had 2 friggin catches for 14 yards this week against a terrible Philly secondary. He's inconsistent as anyone in the league. That's not elite. 

I said he's elite at YAC as he led the league in that last year. 

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This! 

The argument is now that you can't get fair market value unless you are the best at a certain position on your team?  And one isn't clearly better than the other anyways.  Kupp and Woods are both good.  

Cooper Kupp 2017 through 2019  196 recs  2596 yards  13.2 YPC

Robert Wood 2017 through 2019 232 recs 3134 yards 13.5 YPC

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Look at your Boys stat line from this past weekend then come tell me how great Robert Friggin Woods is. You people have lost your minds. He's good, not even close to elite. 

Desperate attempts to change the argument and attack imaginary opinions don't bode well for you.  No-one I'm aware of is claiming Woods is an elite all around WR.   

Woods is now getting paid like a top 10 WR, not an elite WR. It's similar to Kupp's extension.   

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Desperate attempts to change the argument and attack imaginary opinions don't come across well for you.  No-one is claiming Wood's is an elite all around WR.   

Woods is now getting paid like a top 10 WR, not an elite WR. It's similar to Kupp's extension.   

That's fine Bobby and I get it. I PERSONALLY don't feel he's a top 10 WR. He doesn't pass the eyeball test for me and I'm not talking from a Fantasy standpoint. Do you feel he's a top 10 receiver right now? 

2 minutes ago, Shaft said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/wide-receiver/

I reference this often for perspective. You have people like Alshon Jeffery making $13 million and barely playing. There are a few interesting names making 10-15 million that are not producing at that level.

That was a terrible contract at the time that Philly regretted immediately. It was Superbowl retribution, he was underpaid prior. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Woods has 6 total TDs this season.  That ties him with 3rd most for WRs halfway through the season.  

He's scored 4 Receiving & 2 rushing TDs, pretty good. He was great this week but look at the stat line, that's not elite. You can't disappear for weeks on end and be elite, I'm sorry.

Screenshot_20201103-071358.png

Edited by League_Champion