[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Edge get a score on Turkey Day?

Big Score 1

You are being awfully optimistic that Edge is going to get 4 more TD's the rest of the way.  He got 5 of his 6 TD's in the first 5 weeks.  He's gotten 1 more TD in the last 6 games.  How are you figuring he is going to get 4 more TD's?  I see him getting maybe 1 or 2 more TD's the rest of the year.  Maybe.  If he rubs Mannings back for him.

Like we have already said 2003 was not indicative of how Edge plays.  He was hurt so it was only natural that he should perform better now that he is healthy.  I predicted Edge would be at least top 5 and possibly top 3.  If his TD's would have stayed the same he would.  But what you are saying is ridiculous that anyone drafted Edge with the idea that his TD total would go down should be satisfied.  Edge averages 120 yards from scrimmage for career.  So what he is doing on the ground is nothing new for those who aren't new on the bandwagon. 

In fact if you go with that ridiculous "Just look at last year and project that to this year" theory then what the heck got into Stokley.  He hasn't never played a full season in his career, never had more than 24 rec's, never had more than 3 TD's receiving in a season. 

You have to do more than just look at the numbers and make a projection.  You have to look at the surrounding factors otherwise you get people expecting big numbers from Peerless Price..........

575538[/snapback]

1st of all, what from Prices stats last year would make you think he would do good this year?

2nd of all I never said anyone should be satisfied if Edge's TD total was less than last year. I said to be satisfied if his Fantasy Production was at least the same as last year. Unless you are in a TD only League his production is at least the same as last year even adding in projected stats for the games he missed. Not counting the games he missed he is way up over last year. Something that would be extremely evident in a total points league.

3rd of all I never said that a player couldn't drastically improve over last year's stats. Especially if last years stats weren't very good. Finding those types of players can make your season for you. That's why I am so glad I was right about Javon Walker this year. Although I missed Stokley.

But when you have a player of Edge's caliber. Who's stats are already impressive, therefore hard to improve upon, isn't it logical to look at last year to try and project what he might do this year?

And if his stats were already impressive shouldn't we be happy if they at least match last years stats? And then if they do actually improve upon last years numbers, well now we can be really happy.

Edge is a TOP 5 RB right now. How is that bad?

He has either scored at least 1 TD or gained 100 yds from scrimmage in EVERY Game this season.

That makes him very effective in every type of Fantasy Football League I know of with the exception of a TD Only league where 11 RB's would out rank him.

As for a typical Edge season his average yds per rush and reception are BETTER this year than in any other year of his career. And his touches per game is down only 2 per game from his career average.

With the exception of his Total TD's which will only be bad when compared to his 1st 2 seasons in the league he is having arguably his best season ever.

In reality this is a RB who has only played 2 full seasons in his career. So if you get him for all 16 games that's already an improvement.

Other than his 1st 2 seasons he has never had more TD's in a season than the 11 he had last year. So expecting anything more than 10 TD's is probably unrealistic on your part. And like it or not he is on a pace for 9 or 10 TD's this year.

But in any event getting a Top 5 or even a Top 10 RB on your Roster is an objective of every owner that goes to a Fantasy Draft. Edge gives you that.

Edited by Jrick35

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The winner of this post was of course ROCKNE, with his prediction:

You kidding me? National TV? Manning will probably throw six 1yd TD's!

569374[/snapback]

But honorable mention has to go to aterry1979 with this call:

Colts vs a weak team and millions people watching??  No tds for Edge at all. :D

569334[/snapback]

For all the Huddlers thinking Edge would get a TD, when will you learn that Manning is a Greedy Bastage :D

Manning plays to the end in a blowout.

575581[/snapback]

Dungy actually pulled him in the 4th.

I did see a heated exchange when Dungy told Manning he was done for the day. Several Colts players had to restrain Manning from going back in. Pretty sure one of 'em was Reggie Wayne, who had him in a headlock. :D

Seriously though, Manning did sit out most of the 4th.

But when you have a player of Edge's caliber. Who's stats are already impressive, therefore hard to improve upon, isn't it logical to look at last year to try and project what he might do this year?

And if his stats were already impressive shouldn't we be happy if they at least match last years stats? And then if they do actually improve upon last years numbers, well now we can be really happy.

Edge is a TOP 5 RB right now. How is that bad?

With the exception of his Total TD's which will only be bad when compared to his 1st 2 seasons in the league he is having arguably his best season ever.

575556[/snapback]

For a player of Edge's caliber he is having an expected year for being healthy. You seem to keep missing out on the healthy part. I see 2002 and 2003 as aberrations to his production due to his injury, not the norm. If Edge could gain almost 1,600 total yards and 11 TD's in 13 games injured what kind of production should be expected when he's fully recovered?

He is nowhere near his best year when he had 2,300 total yards and 17 total TD's. I suppose the difference of opinion is when you say that he is having his best season ever except for his TD total I see that as a negative. Particularly when we are talking about fantasy...........

Dungy actually pulled him in the 4th.

I did see a heated exchange when Dungy told Manning he was done for the day. Several Colts players had to restrain Manning from going back in. Pretty sure one of 'em was Reggie Wayne, who had him in a headlock. :D

575584[/snapback]

If I was Reggie, I'd put him in a headlock too, 6TD's and no love for Reggie. B)

If I didn't own Peyton in other leagues I'd be somewhat angry, as it is My opponent in my local has Peyton and I've got Reggie, today hurts. :D

For a player of Edge's caliber he is having an expected year for being healthy.  You seem to keep missing out on the healthy part.  I see 2002 and 2003 as aberrations to his production due to his injury, not the norm.  If Edge could gain almost 1,600 total yards and 11 TD's in 13 games injured what kind of production should be expected when he's fully recovered?

He is nowhere near his best year when he had 2,300 total yards and 17 total TD's.  I suppose the difference of opinion is when you say that he is having his best season ever except for his TD total I see that as a negative.  Particularly when we are talking about fantasy...........

575588[/snapback]

Did you or someone you know draft Edge for what he did in 2000? Because that's probably not your best strategy. And it was 18 TD's not 17.

The fact that Edge is Healthy and might play all 16 games is one of my biggest arguments for why this is such a good year for Edge owners.

1st you say this...

In fact if you go with that ridiculous "Just look at last year and project that to this year" theory then what the heck got into Stokley.
And then you say this...
If Edge could gain almost 1,600 total yards and 11 TD's in 13 games injured what kind of production should be expected when he's fully recovered?
Aren't you looking at last years stats and making a projection for this year? Why is that theory only ridiculous when I use it?

When I looked at Edges numbers from last year I would have expected somewhere around 2000 yds from scrimmage and 10 to 12 TDs for this year barring an injury.

He's going to get the 2000yds and probably the 10 TD's. What in the world is bad or wrong about that?

575584[/snapback]

Actually, Manning was pulled before the last drive of the THIRD quarter.

Yes, Peyton wants the record.

Only justification this week for Edge's lack of TD's is that the Colts were missing their starting center and BOTH guards. But I'm sure that is unimportant to anyone here. Oh, that, and the fact I have never seen a team bite so hard on the run fake as the Lions today.

Edited by CaptainHook

Only justification this week for Edge's lack of TD's is that the Colts were missing their starting center and BOTH  guards.  But I'm sure that is unimportant to anyone here.

575693[/snapback]

Pah! Mere details! We just want Edge TDs, not weak excuses. :D

Only justification this week for Edge's lack of TD's is that the Colts were missing their starting center and BOTH  guards.  But I'm sure that is unimportant to anyone here. 

575693[/snapback]

You're right. It is unimportant.

Last I checked this is a FANTASY FOOTBALL website, not an NFL website and as a result, people are concerned with fantasy production, not necessarily if the Colts win. Don't know about you, but his stats just flat out look better with 1-2 TDs AND all those yards, then they do with just the yards. Maybe I'm not doing my math right, bt he got 14 points in my league whereas 2 TDs would have equaled 26pts. I'd prefer the 26pts and a Colts loss and they're my favorite team for whatever that's worth.

Even in FANTASY FOOTBALL, injuries to other players effect the performance of "studs". If you want to rail against Edge's performance, that is fine, but you started the guy knowing the starting two guards were out.

Edited by CaptainHook

Even in FANTASY FOOTBALL, injuries to other players effect the performance of "studs".  If you want to rail against Edge's performance, that is fine, but you started the guy knowing the starting two guards were out.

575719[/snapback]

Aye aye Cap'n. Sorry - guess I shouldn't have played my 1st rd draft choice.

How about Julius Jones outperforming Edge?

575722[/snapback]

Hey, WaterMan, I just compared the running backs you mouth off about here or there. Check it out:

Domanick Davis (9 games) one missed start, and parts of several other games

173 carries 523 yards 7 TD

41 catches 364 yards 1 TD

Chris Brown (9 games) one missed start, and parts of several other games

186 carries 872 yards 5 TD

19 catches 134 yards 0 TD

Julius Jones (3 games) missed 8 games

68 carries 247 yards 2 TD

3 catches 13 yards 0 TD

Edgerrin James (11 games) no missed games

243 carries 1186 yards 6 TD

34 catches 334 yards 0 TD

:D Who would you rather have?

Edited by CaptainHook

Even in FANTASY FOOTBALL, injuries to other players effect the performance of "studs".  If you want to rail against Edge's performance, that is fine, but you started the guy knowing the starting two guards were out.

575719[/snapback]

Captain, Edge not scoring any TD's had nothing to do with injuries on the Colts O'Line. He was kicking the Lions butt all day long, O'Line injuries or no O'Line injuries. I saw two or three runs by Edge where he simply ran over the first Lions defender who tried to tackle him. Edge looked like a man among boys in that game. It's just tough for any RB to score, when once you're inside the 10, the play called, or, as in Manning's case, audibled into (Greedy Bastage :D ), is a pass.

Now I will say this.

What the Colts are doing Offensively is working like a well oiled machine, so the old adage applies..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Actually I said that before.

Edit

BTW...You were the first to respond in this thread and you told me Edge would score again this week. I'm so mad at you, Edge not scoring is all your fault :D

Edited by Big Score 1

How could an Edge owner possibly be upset with the 5th best RB in Fantasy Football? Here's how. Below is Edge's ESPN FFL ranking in terms of standard points scored by RBs each each week.

Week 1: 14

Week 2: 2

Week 3: 13

Week 4: 11

Week 5: 5

Week 6: Bye

Week 7: 15

Week 8: 13

Week 9: 10

Week 10: 26

Week 11: 2

Do the math and figure out how many FFL games you're going to win when your No. 1 draft pick rarely finishes in the Top Five at his position.

Yeah, I won in Week 2 and Week 11. I tied in Week 5. I'm 4-6-1. Once again, do the math.

Edited by tomfin2000

You know what's funny this Manning hating thing is ALL over for Edge owners. I'm with family yesterday, and I walk into a room where the game is on. My cousin is complaing out loud about Manning. I said Edge owner huh? He said yes. It is universal ALL Edge owners hate Manning and think he's selfish.

As for the game what I thought was SO funny. On that last TD to Harrison of 6 or 8 yards before the play I sit there with everyone and say play action TD pass. Anyway that's not a bold pick, but here's what I just DON'T get. ALL the Detroit LB's bit on the fake and allowed Harrison to score behind them. How in the world do they go for the fake. EVERY person who knows football KNEW they were passing there, so HOW do you go for a run fake there. What a joke those LB's were. I mean and they didn't go for the fake, they RAN to Edge. It was pathetic.

As an Edge owner next year also all I'll simply say is PLEASE Edge go elsewhere. He is SO under appreciated. He averages the most yards from scrimmage ever. If I'm a Colts fan and could only have 1 I much rather have Edge back than Harrison IMO.