[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prime Time Players

sundaynfl

If you are trying to decide between two players, do you play the player playing on Sunday or Monday night... even if you feel the player playing the day game is slightly better?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If you are trying to decide between two players, do you play the player playing on Sunday or Monday night... even if you feel the player playing the day game is slightly better?

• Yes, I always pick the Prime time players
    • No, I don't think players play better in Prime time
    • Maybe, it depends on my mood

There is no selection that fits my decision.

I always pick the player that I think will give my team the most points. Fantasy Football is not always about enjoying the game. I did this a few times in my first few years, but ended up realizing that it was only fun if that player did well. There is not as much remorse starting the better player, even if he doesn't do as well, because you went on sound judgement as opposed to a whim that might help the prime time game be better.

Though I already knew, November 30, 2003 taght me something that I will never forget and will keep me from over-coaching my fantasy teams. ALWAYS START YOUR STUDS! I had made a big trade to upgrade at QB. I had pulled the trigger on a deal to get Manning, (I gave up Dom Davis, Brad Johnson and Derrick Mason, he had McNair and was not playing Manning). I have Trent Green as my bench QB, and decide to start him, against my Bolts (yes, I'm a long suffereing Charger fan), since Manning is going against the Pats D. Good decision, right?

Green puts up 155, yards with 2 TDs, and TWO interceptions for 12 Fpoints. Manning puts up 4 TDs and almost 300 for 25 Fpoints after struggling the week before at the Bills! B):D:D Anyone guess how much I lost my game by? 11 points.

Prime time or not...

:D ALWAYS START YOUR STUDS :D

There is no selection that fits my decision.

I always pick the player that I think will give my team the most points.  Fantasy Football is not always about enjoying the game.  I did this a few times in my first few years, but ended up realizing that it was only fun if that player did well.  There is not as much remorse starting the better player, even if he doesn't do as well, because you went on sound judgement as opposed to a whim that might help the prime time game be better.

Though I already knew, November 30, 2003 taght me something that I will never forget and will keep me from over-coaching my fantasy teams.  ALWAYS START YOUR STUDS!  I had made a big trade to upgrade at QB.  I had pulled the trigger on a deal to get Manning, (I gave up Dom Davis, Brad Johnson and Derrick Mason, he had McNair and was not playing Manning).  I have Trent Green as my bench QB, and decide to start him, against my Bolts (yes, I'm a long suffereing Charger fan), since Manning is going against the Pats D.  Good decision, right?

Green puts up 155, yards with 2 TDs, and TWO interceptions for 12 Fpoints.  Manning puts up 4 TDs and almost 300 for 25 Fpoints after struggling the week before at the Bills!  B)  :D  :D Anyone guess how much I lost my game by?  11 points.

Prime time or not...

:D  ALWAYS START YOUR STUDS  :D

570391[/snapback]

you always start your studs.....but primetime games are a good way to Josh Gordon out a tough decision....especially if you're stacked at a certain position...or are stuck in a lull of mediocrity at one...

a primetime game can settle any conflict of who you start....and rest easy...even if it isn't the right choice....the chances are just higher...

you always start your studs.....but primetime games are a good way to Josh Gordon out a tough decision....especially if you're stacked at a certain position...or are stuck in a lull of mediocrity at one...

a primetime game can settle any conflict of who you start....and rest easy...even if it isn't the right choice....the chances are just higher...

570441[/snapback]

The thing about the "prime time" bump that is counter balanced, is that the players they are playing against also get this "bump". I think it all is a wash in the end. If it is a WR decicion, the DBs they are playing against should do better as well, NO?

I don't see it as a factor, IMHO :D

The prime time angle is the last tie breaker if I can't decide on which non-stud to start - all else being equal.

In such cases I'll start the one with prime-time matchup because it just adds excitement to see your guy playing in prime time. And if you are behind going into the prime time games you'll still have a chance to pull out a win.

Also I always dread if my opponent has a guy on MNF and I don't.

I agree w/McBoog that I don't think playing in prime time makes much difference in player performance.

The prime time angle is the last tie breaker if I can't decide on which non-stud to start - all else being equal.

In such cases I'll start the one with prime-time matchup because it just adds excitement to see your guy playing in prime time.  And if you are behind going into the prime time games you'll still have a chance to pull out a win.

Also I always dread if my opponent has a guy on MNF and I don't.

I agree w/McBoog that I don't think playing in prime time makes much difference in player performance.

570535[/snapback]

What he said :D

It's always a good feeling, knowing that you are not out of "bullets" when the Sunday and Monday games roll around.... on the inverse of that you always feel a little let down when your players play on Thursday game... especially if you are unfortunate enough to have Cowboys on your team!

i play my better players... if one of my starters happens to be on monday night it is coincidental.

that being said, i do like having several players going on mfl....it kind of feels like a last at bat in baseball.....you at least have something going.

I fish in the Short Attention Span Stream of Life ... I'd be just as happy with the channel-flipping web-site-jumping radio-listening multi-media frenetic orgasmic onslaught of all my players and all my opponents' all active in the 1pm time slot ... :D

Huh. Time slot has never influenced a decision to play or not play a player. Interesting statistical analysis to see how likely players are to produce above average games in primetime slots over the course of a few years. Somebody call the mythbusters!!!

570535[/snapback]

I use prime time as a tiebreaker too.

Oh heck yeah MNF is great for a boost if you have Terrell or Randy or Peyton....but to have your kicker going in(their isn't much pump up for a kicker) vs. one of the other like the other thread--why watch all those commercials to find out that your 4-7 points is not going to be good enough....here IMO are players who for the sake of this thread do step it up (it seems) a notch in primetime:

Brett Favre--something about MNF--he owns it--watch this week and see if it isn't true...

Chad Johnson--never a dull moment when Cincy passes--quick to a Pepto Bismol clip/commercial--Cincy hasn't been on MNF in 7 years...

Terrell and Randy--nothing needing explained...

Joe Horn--steps up and reaches out and touches someone...

Corey Dillon looked great last night and believe he was pumped up more so in primetime as he hasn't been there his ebtire tenure with Cincy(see above)

JMHO.... :D