[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss Predictions!

jesdpie

Last update: November 26, 2004 at 7:00 PM

Tice: No limit on plays in Moss' return

Associated Press

November 27, 2004 MOSS1127

Minnesota receiver Randy Moss may be approaching his All-Pro form a little sooner than expected.

Earlier this week, Vikings coach Mike Tice said Moss, who has missed three straight games with a partially torn right hamstring, would be held to 25 plays in Sunday's game against the Jaguars. But Moss' progress in practice this week prompted Tice to retract that statement Friday, saying Moss won't be limited by any artificial play count.

``The only thing that's holding him back is endurance in his legs - and not necessarily (from) the injury,'' Tice said. ``He feels like he has training camp legs now; he hasn't done anything in five weeks.

``He worked extremely hard Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Now, he's going to stretch and get himself feeling as good as he can feel by Sunday.''

Moss participated in a walkthrough Friday, but did not practice. That's his usual Friday routine, even when he's healthy. He remained questionable on the injury report.

Trainers carefully monitored Moss' status throughout the week, while offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and receivers coach Charlie Baggett devised a game plan they believe will make Moss a threat on Sunday.

``Scott and Charlie have done a really good job of identifying what kind of plays we want him on the field for,'' Tice said. ``I don't anticipate him being limited by any number of plays.''

Despite not catching a pass since suffering the injury Oct. 17 at New Orleans, Moss still leads the Vikings - and is tied for third in the NFC - with eight touchdown catches. However, he is on pace for career lows in receptions (26 in seven games) and yards (394)

i also read that he is going to try and continue to continue his streak of 1000 yds a year. that means he needs 101 yards average per game!

PREDICTION - 7/110/1

what are your thoughts guys? he's really antsy to get back in there and make a big contribution!

Yep, he was definitely rushed back the last couple times... but neither time did he practice all week.  He has practiced all week with no limitations.  It looks like he's back to full strength... I wouldn't be at all surprised by a normal Randy day of 100/1...

577019[/snapback]

Agree with you. I think he's ready.

80+ yards, 2 TDs

Since he's back I think Dante will be eager to get Randy some TDs.

Since he's back I think Dante will be eager to get Randy some TDs.

577833[/snapback]

I read somewhere during the week that Randy said that even though his consecutive start streak is over, he wants to extend his consecutive 1,000 yard season streak...since he is only at 394 yards right now, and there are only 6 games left, that means I wouldn't be surprised to see the "Randy-ratio" re-implemented. :D

I just hope he is, and can stay, healthy now. :D

It'll be interesting to see if he runs any deep routes. It'll be fun to see how they use him & how he responds. Everything from this week points to he's back. Tice screwed the team using him as a "decoy" for those 2 weeks. I think they were very cautious bringing him back this time.

It'll be interesting to see if he runs any deep routes.  It'll be fun to see how they use him & how he responds.  Everything from this week points to he's back.  Tice screwed the team using him as a "decoy" for those 2 weeks.  I think they were very cautious bringing him back this time.

577866[/snapback]

I think he could have been back last week...but they kept him out a week for precautionary measures...

Who knows...remember we are dealing with Tice and he has been known for his deceptions, much like Haslett....he could be telling the complete truth or he could have Moss out there once again as decoy....I want to see him in warm-ups---can't believe nobody from the media has spied on Moss during practice all week to see him at full speed....I won't even believe the first few plays he is in as he could be well and sort of act tenative only on the next play to blow by his defender and score....the possibilities are endless....to start him is as risky as to not start him...you want to believe the reports, but there is no media substantiation?????

If you have a line-up like jesdpie then you can do it and not be too hurt by the decision....if you have another healthy #1 wideout or flex IMO you want if you need the win, but hey the fun in FF is doing the extraordinary things--taking risks is part of it...JMHO.. :D