[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT

Furd

Saw the game. He didn't look strong at all. No burst and he wasn't breaking any tackles. Even last week vs the Raiders people just saw the totals but he wasn't breaking anything long. 37 carries and his longest run was 16 yards. I think he is still hurting...........

10 catches for 57 yards, thems good WCOFF points.  Plus 2 TD's, how can you complain?  :D  Maybe you would rather have priest?

579264[/snapback]

I'm not really complaining, but you have a point H8.

Still, it concerns me that he is not running well. In a pass happy offense, those short TD runs may not be there next week.

I'm not really complaining, but you have a point H8.

Still, it concerns me that he is not running well.  In a pass happy offense, those short TD runs may not be there next week.

579267[/snapback]

I hear you, and his rushing totals are reason to be concerned a bit, especially when they come against teams like KC today. However, he has been scoring at least 1 TD every week, so I'm not too worried about his totals...as long as he can remain on the field and keep the relief from Chatman away, he should still put up decent point totals.

He's not hurt any more than he has been. KC was definitely keying on him throughout the game. Also, the field at KC was slick and LT slipped many times when he tried to cut.

LT is still a fantasy stud, and all of you that have him will STILL be able to ride him into the playoffs.

P.S. Everyone better start him NEXT week. He LOVES playing Denver at home before loud sell-out crowds!!!

The problem with LT's scores is they are coming from very short yardage (for the most part). If for some reason they don't get the ball at the 1 or 2 he's not been much of a scoring option.

Now the good thing for LT is that they have had the ball down there enough for him to get some easy scores; but if that stops it appears Brees to Gates is their preferred choice to try and score.

i get 1 pt per rec....

LT is known for doing this...he has outstanding games and then he might come down a week...

you have to have a sound team around him to really appreciate what he does...

if this is an "off" week for Tomlinson....I'll take it....

KC made Brees beat them...and he did...

and don't forget...they are divisional rivals...sometimes you throw the regular stuff out the window in these cases

but doesn't he have grass at home in SD?

579918[/snapback]

Yep, he sure does, but the grass lives at 70 degrees in San Diego, not 30 like in KC!

Edited by Chargerz

You also have to look at Brees totals to see what was really going on. Brees chucks the rock for almost 400 yards, that is a career day for him. We have called him efficient, accurate, decisive, but none of us to date have compared him with the big yardage names or the Air Coryell pilot Dan Fouts.

KC was bent on stopping LT. You could see the commitment to stopping the run game. Run blitz after another, stacked box, heck, two tackles for losses came from corner backs. How else do you think the Chargers could put up those kind of numbers in the passing game? OK, Brees is playing well, but it was not until this game, in a shootout, IN KC, that he proved he could win a shootout through the air. It was exactly this that made me think this was going to be an “L” for my Boltz. I did not think the Chargers, if taken out of a balanced attack, could win on the arm of Brees.

They/he proved me wrong. :D

What you did see, is a manifestation of how LT got the numbers last year. When they shut him down in the running game, they just refocused and freed him up throwing the ball. If you watch some of these plays, they are very much like long handoffs instead of passes, a “stretch sweep” if you will. This gets him into space and lets him do his thing. This year however, you have Gates and others that will catch more passes, cutting into LT's totals.

What I did notice, and Chargerz mentioned this, is that the footing was HORRIBLE in KC. Brees, his WRs and LT were all slipping. With LT’s groin, he may have been a little extra cautious because it is exactly that type of surface that will re-aggravate that type of injury. He would make a couple moves, but seemed more intent on putting a shoulder down and getting some power yardage instead of “wiggle&jiggle”.

Heck, you still got 100+ total yardage and two scores. If you wanted Jamal Lewis, you should have drafted him!

:D

I think the key is they do have other options this year. If you take away Gates or the pass in general I'm sure you'll see another 35 carry game from LT. But if other teams are content to take their chances with Brees and Gates, then the Chargers have demonstrated they are not stupid. They aren't going to run LT (at still less than 100%) or throw it to him in the flat just to get him touches...they have other things they can do and do well. Just be thankful that there have been a number of short yardage chances and LT has made most of those payoff.