[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, What have we learned?

PigSkinPosse

What I did learn:

I've always loved the surprise onside kick play. I don't know how often it works, but it seems to work a lot.

Maybe the light finally went on in Larry Johnson's head, or maybe the Raider defense is that pathetic. You choose.

Culpepper up to his old tricks again of turning it over. Am I the only one that realizes Randy Moss is not back to his normal self?

Peyton Manning loves Stokley.

McGahee didn't get into the endzone once and yet the Bills still racked up 42 points. How?

If Michael Vick is Superman, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are kryptonite.

New Orleans needs to just strip that team down and start over, they're awful.

Breaking News - the Eagles just scored again!!

- The '04 Colts are the greatest offense in NFL history

- The '04 Jags are the most under-achieving team in NFL history

- The Steelers are a very good team, but the Pats are still better

- Brett Favre has looked a lot more like Jake Plummer than Joe Montana in big games in recent years

- Daunte Culpepper is overrated

- Despite what that pill-popping fat ass Rush Limbaugh might think, Donovan McNabb is NOT overrated.

- Red McCombs fired one incompetent coach a few years ago and replaced him with an equally incompetent coach.

- Maybe Carson Palmer is worth something after all

- Even without Priest, the Chiefs can still run the ball effectively

- Persistence pays off: By staying competitive for so many years, the Eagles will sleepwalk their way into the Superbowl now that the rest of the NFC has fallen apart.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I've learned to stop benching Chad Johnson in favor of Randy Moss. :D

I've learned that Peerless Price has an innate ability to log precisely 2 receptions a game...has anyone else noticed this little phenomenon? He's now totalled exactly 2 receptions in 8 different games this season...might make an interesting prop wager.

I've learned that after sitting on Willis McGahee for many weeks now, the week I finally decide to start him, against a weak run defense, of course he picks that week to mail it in.

I've learned that Ronald Curry is for real. I wanted to pick him up last week but decided against it because I had no one I wanted to waive...I was regretting that move Sunday right up until learning that he tore his achilles tendon (ouch).

I've learned that almost every week I seem to play against a QB that puts up numbers so good they defy logic...this week it was Donovan McNabb in two different leagues. Not to mention going against T.O. and Westbrook. :D

Finally, I've learned that fantasy football playoff time is here (or coming shortly) and it's time for me and my teams to start getting it done.

Edited by Skrappy1

I learned that barring the Eagles team plane going down, Philly will win the NFC.

The Vikings are the NFC's Miami Dolphins. Fast start, flaming finish.

The Jaguars are not as good as they think they are.

Curtis Martin is simply amazing.

The Colts defense has some major mental lapses at times. Drew Bennett just caught another TD. . .

I learned that I spend most of my FF life scouring Waiver Wires for just such a setup as yesterday. Picked up Ronald Curry in 3 leagues.....and played him. B)

And just when my sails are trimmed nicely....and my boat is well heeled....cutting nicely through the surf.....BAM......I get dashed against a coral reef of injury! :D

Ronald......you looked awfully good yesterday.... :D Here's to a speedy recovery....and everyone forgetting your name in next year's draft so I can snatch you up in a late round. :D

I learned that I spend most of my FF life scouring Waiver Wires for just such a setup as yesterday.  Picked up Ronald Curry in 3 leagues.....and played him. B)

And just when my sails are trimmed nicely....and my boat is well heeled....cutting nicely through the surf.....BAM......I get dashed against a coral reef of injury! :D

Ronald......you looked awfully good yesterday.... :D Here's to a speedy recovery....and everyone forgetting your name in next year's draft so I can snatch you up in a late round. :D

595716[/snapback]

In real football, The rams can run the football.

In Fantasy football... Mike vanderjadt can still hit a Fg.

Ramrock

What I've learned:

Culpepper can still put up a good amount of points and lead fantasy teams to victory even when he implodes and the Vikings lose.

Another Vikings note: Vikings indoors = good, Vikings outdoors = very bad.

Westbrook & Pittman can put up better receiving numbers than most receivers.

Chris Brown for a half a game is better than a lot of RBs for a whole game. Just think what he could do if he were healthy (yeah right)...

The Giants defense + 30 carries from a talented RB = lots of fantasy points for the RB.

Peyton Manning throws TDs to all his WRs just to prove to the defense that he can.

Baltimore stacking 8 men in the box constantly to stop an opposing team's running game really exposes them in the secondary. Ed Reed can only do so much when everyone else is on the line of scrimmage...

Carson Palmer shredded the Ravens at their own home stadium... just think what Peyton Manning will do to them in the RCA Dome, especially if he hasn't broken the record yet!

I learned just how awful the Giants are..... I don't think they can win another game this year.

What I did not learn is how did the Saints win ANY games this year?

I learned that Delhomme will never throw for 4 TDs', but only because they won't let him. With a lead, the Panthers refuse to thow and would rather settle for FG's.

I learned it's good to play the Panther's FG kicker. I learned I should draft him next year.

I learned it's good to play the Panther's FG kicker. I learned I should draft him next year.

595728[/snapback]

Unlearn that.....quick! I drafted him fairly early for a kicker in a few leagues based on his 50+yd accuracy in preseason, youth and last year's stats.

You'd have lost a few close games by now.....waiting for yesterday's blockbuster. :D I dropped him weeks ago.....lol....even after yesterday's rampage.....he still ranks around 27th in scoring in most leagues.