[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which of these teams do you like down the stretch?

detlef

Warning: Homer point of view, so regard with caution.

I'd go with Cincy, and here's why:

Both are home games, and it's gonna be tough to beat them at home now. Even if they lose to New England this week (and I think they will be much more competitive than people are assuming -- they destroyed the Pats in preseason. I know, preseason, vanilla blah blah blah, but the Pats left their first string in through the fourth quarter, and it was Palmer's best game by far until recently, so the kid and the team are gonna have some confidence that they can play with them), they are gonna be highly motivated to go over .500, just to get another monkey off their back -- Marvin has been using this as a development year, hence him sticking with Palmer -- even if it doesn't mean a playoff spot.

To do that, they'll have to win three of four. Their last game is at Philly, which looks much more winnable as the NFC is shaping up, since the Eagles likely will have absolutely nothing to play for in Week 17. So, even should they lose to the Pats this week, I think their motivation to take the last two home games will be extremely high. The Giants suck, of course, and while the Bills are playing well, the Bengals woulda beat them in Buffalo last year had Kitna not decided to throw at people's shoes instead of their hands.

Compared to the others: Chargers are playing great, but at Indy? Think Carolina could stomp Atlanta. Obviously I think the Bills will lose at Cincy. And Denver just mostly looks like crap ever since the Bengals beat them on Monday night -- they could certainly lose at KC, but also to Tennessee, especially if McNair and Brown can go.

Thanks all, I think the Cinci argument is pretty sound.

599282[/snapback]

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also don't think they can beat the Pats, but if they did........................................

{Dream sequence commences}

Playoff talk would commence in middle of December for a team almost everyone wrote off in early Octobler (if not right after the Palmer starting announcement).

People would apologize to Marvin for calling him an idiot going w/ Palmer

{Mom interrupts dream}

"Bengal, time to get up for school"

"I don't want to go to school today, Mom, I have a headache."

{Dream continues}

America would jump on the Bengals bandwagon, gaining in fervor with successive victories over Bills, Giants, Eagles

Marvin wins Coach of Year

Bengals Upset Chargers in Round 1 of Playoffs, World Markets shake to the very foundation.

Bengals defeat Steelers in Pittsburgh, Osama Bid Laden caught at celebration in Fountain Square

Bengals defeat Colts (NE still hasn't recovered), Peace descends on Middle East

Bengals defeat Eagles, Beelzebub begs God's forgiveness, Hell freezes over

{Dreams Ends Suddenly, but D.mn, what a good one!}

...............that would be pretty cool!

To stay on topic, Bengals and Bills both have good FFL matchups for Playoff time.