[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marion Barber

spain

Marion Barber is better than Julius Jones. I think he will be the starter in Dallas next year. He has better burst and hits the hole harder and faster. Jones has a few more moves but Barber is more of a Parcells type runner: hard, fast, and tough. Jones will be relegated to 3rd down back next year. Discuss...

Barber is a better back, IMO. More dependable, tougher. Very hopeful that his former side-kick Maroney will stay here in Minny and take over the Purple backfield next season. Very similar to Barber, maybe even better. Barber is terrific, and less injury prone, I think, and Parcells has to respect that. He's done EVERYTHING he's been asked to do, and more.

Barber is a better back, IMO. More dependable, tougher. Very hopeful that his former side-kick Maroney will stay here in Minny and take over the Purple backfield next season. Very similar to Barber, maybe even better. Barber is terrific, and less injury prone, I think, and Parcells has to respect that. He's done EVERYTHING he's been asked to do, and more.

1209161[/snapback]

Maroney is better and if he's in purple next year, he'll put up good numbers.

I guess I'm old school. I believe backs should be fed the ball and left to get into a rhythm. Yes, they need to get a breather now and again. But, some coaches are platooning every other set of downs. How can a r/b get anything done without being on the field and getting the ball on some type of consistant basis? Some backs take a little time to get in sync, RBBC just hurts some backs. JMO

Well , off the soapbox. I like JJ, I think he's a game breaker with great moves. Barber? I don't know I've seen enough of him to really have an opinion.

Barber is the real deal... Can Block, catch , run with speed or power, understands the game since his father also played and he has been around it his whole life. And most importantly he is a stand up guy and a team player. He will be the #2 back if that is what the teams needs ie at the U of MN he and Maroney became friends not enemies and used their personal competition to make them both better. Parcells likes guys that just want to win, Barber is that kind of player.

By the way, Maroney will be better! grab him in a dynasty draft! :D

I could give a flying donkey's ass about next year, Jones was my first round pick this year and for some reason Parcells won't give him the f'ing ball.

1208989[/snapback]

That's what I'm talking about......

JJ will never find his way onto another of my rosters.

1209201[/snapback]

Ditto......

Marion Barber is better than Julius Jones.  I think he will be the starter in Dallas next year.  He has better burst and hits the hole harder and faster.  Jones has a few more moves but Barber is more of a Parcells type runner: hard, fast, and tough.  Jones will be relegated to 3rd down back next year.  Discuss...

1208975[/snapback]

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. If I were a Cowpoke fan, I would much rather see Barber on the field than Jones.

I was reviewing the play-by-play log and it appears that JJ got in on the 2nd drive, but then Barber came back in on 3rd down. JJ then got to start a few more series, but Barber came back in on 3rd down and busted one for 28 yds.

Parcells obviously then rode Barber as the hot hand for Q2.

Jones then got back in during the 3rd quarter and Barber didn't get a single carry during these 15 minutes.

Finally, JJ got one carry in the 4Q, and after that Barber came in and stole all the rest.

I thought after last week that JJ would be the guy this week, but upon review, it is clear he really doesn't trust JJ when the game is on the line. He did try to get JJ going, but he just didn't, so Barber came in when the game was on the line.

With games upcoming at Washington and Carolina (i.e. solid run defenses), I just can't see JJ getting on track quickly and Parcells giving him the time to get there, as these are going to be games the 'Boys need to win.

Bench JJ unless your playoffs are in Week 17 agains StL. Anyone disagree?