[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take me back to the 60's!

rocknrobn26

Watching something like that is a reminder of how little of the 60s are really like what is often associated with the 60s: the hippies and summer of love and all that. I went to UC Berkeley and remember being amazed at all the photos of the demonstrations that went down. We always picture long hairs and such but here were all these clean cut kids wearing ties marching with picket signs.

The ties were a clear give away that they were not in the Real Estate industry or, of course they'd be wearing polos and khakis :D

i remember the folks not wantin to get charged for a long distance phone call ........ when my sister headed back to College they'd say ...... " now remember only let it ring twice then hang up, then we know ya got there ok" .........then we'd all be relieved when the call came and dad would laugh about screwin the phone company......... :D

i remember the folks not wantin to get charged for a long distance phone call ........ when my sister headed back to College they'd say ...... " now remember only let it ring twice then hang up, then we know ya got there ok" .........then we'd all be relieved when the call came and dad would laugh about screwin the phone company......... :D

We had a system like that only my sister would call collect and we were instructed to refuse to accept the charges. Those were the days.

Good stuff except for a couple errors I found in the quick look.

I Love Lucy was in the 50's.

And a glaring omission in the football section. :D

Agree on the FB section. No Halas, Sayers....Butkus...Ditka! But I'm sure you have other players in mind! :doh: Like Starr, Lombardi, Nitschke, and Taylor! :D

But the "I love Lucy Show" did, barely, creep in the 60's. Quote form Wik:

The series ran from October 15, 1951 to April, 1960 on CBS (180 episodes, including the "lost" Christmas episode).

But, FWIW....I never liked that show or Lucy. :D A female version of Jerry Lewis! Blecht! One version was more than enuff and now we have that doofus Carey! :tup: JMHO.

Edited by rocknrobn26

They screwed up there.

It was "I Love Lucy" until 1957. Then it was "The Desi-Lucy Comedy Hour" from 1957 to 1960. :D

:tup: Why did I question Big John! :D

The person that made the site was probably born in the 80's.

Had to be since it is a proven fact that if you can remember the 60's you weren't there. :D

I remember and i was born in '61

I just clicked it and it seems to work fine. :D

Yep. Just needed to refresh the page, it was cached. Some good sounds on there, though the tone is a little old. Sure, the sixties may have marked the end of the last "innocent generation". It also marked the end of slavish obedience to our "betters" and that's a good thing.

Yep. Just needed to refresh the page, it was cached. Some good sounds on there, though the tone is a little old. Sure, the sixties may have marked the end of the last "innocent generation". It also marked the end of slavish obedience to our "betters" and that's a good thing.

NOD, Ursa!

Da 60's is me! :D

I was a bum in HS (barely got out) but enjoyed every minute of it. The hopes, the dreams, the disappointments of the 60's, all formed my character, for better or worse. What a great time! :doh::D:D

I don't live in the past, but there was no better time for one to develop one's self.

Dam.......It was soooo easy back then. :tup:

Oh yea, we did things like that. When the phone rang it was time for the folks to give me a ride home. I was usually entitled to one phone call though. :D

Things to add...

Kent State - probably had alot to do with "lost innocence."

Red Skeleton - Loved that show along with the others shown.

My brother bought a '64 Corvair from a neighbor kid and put his own engine in it. Another neighbor kid wanted to buy it and cried for a whole day.

We didn't drink 4 cans of coke every day. We had lots of Kool Aid. Enough to make Bill O'Reilly proud. :D After my oldest sister got married we had a ton of pop left over and a neighbor kid just happened to be over at our house every day for at least a week. :D