[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DJax

Jedi

They made it to the playoffs in 2003 too because I guess the NFC ducked then too right? The Seahawks are becoming a great team and are improving every year.

910768[/snapback]

The Hawks did better in '03 than against weaker competition in '04:

'03: Ranked 7th in points scored and 16th in points allowed

'04: Ranked 12th in points scored and 22nd in points allowed

Despite the drop-off in talent in the NFC last year, the Hawks slipped significantly both on offense and defense. That's not a sign of an improving team. If their defense can improve to their '03 strength, I think they have a decent shot of winning a playoff game. If not, I wouldn't feel very optimistic about their chances to advance in the postseason.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I don't think D-Jax is elite.  But he's a top 12 WR; top 15 at worst.  So let's not get carried away devaluing they guy.

910739[/snapback]

I'm not getting carried away with anything. He's definitely a good WR. I'm just saying that he doesn't have the talent or numbers to leverage a new contract 17 months after receiving $8 million up front.

I guess winning a division championship isnt improving?

And by the end of the year the Seahawks were ranked number one in offense for points scored in the NFC, so 12th in points scored isnt right. unless 11 afc teams out score nfc teams. question for you why do you care? you live in Texas go ride a horse and tend to your farm. Dont worry about the Hawks and quit making up statistics. The seahawks are going to win a playoff game this year and your teams suck so get used to it.

And by the end of the year the Seahawks were ranked number one in offense for points scored in the NFC, so 12th in points scored isnt right.

910901[/snapback]

:D No, they weren't. The Seahawks scored 371 points during the 2004 regular season. The Vikings scored 405, Green Bay 424, Eagles 386. And eight AFC teams outscored the 'Hawks. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/standings

So Swerski was correct in his assertion that the 'Hawks were 12th best in scoring. Best you admit that.

Edited by yo mama

I guess winning a division championship isnt improving?

910901[/snapback]

They only "improved" in comparison to the Rams, who fell off big time from '03 to '04.

'03 Hawks: 10-6, 404 PF, 327 PA

'04 Hawks: 9-7, 371 PF, 373 PA

How many more statistics do I have to show you to prove that Seattle regressed in '04?

And by the end of the year the Seahawks were ranked number one in offense for points scored in the NFC, so 12th in points scored isnt right.

That's completely false.

unless 11 afc teams out score nfc teams.

And that makes absolutely no sense.

question for you why do you care?

I don't. I was just pointing out that the Hawks got worse in '04, not better.

you live in Texas go ride a horse and tend to your farm.

Actually, I'm in my lab writing a grant proposal right now. But nice try.

quit making up statistics

I'm not. See for yourself.

The seahawks are going to win a playoff game this year and your teams suck so get used to it

The Bears certainly do suck, but the Colts are significantly better than the Hawks. The Hawks wouldn't have won a division or made the playoffs had they been in the AFC last year. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

The Bears certainly do suck, but the Colts are significantly better than the Hawks.  The Hawks wouldn't have won a division or made the playoffs had they been in the AFC last year.  :D

911118[/snapback]

why dont you support your home teams?

And the Hawks are a playoff Caliber Team last year we didnt play as well as we should have. without fire. This year were going to win our division again a playoff game at the least.

Can't you just picture all the seahawks players running around spitting fire out of their helmets? I think this guys onto something. :D