[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DJax

Jedi

D-Jax negotiated a new deal back in March 2004. But, in his opinion, the deal he ended up signing wasn't the same as the deal he had agreed on verbally. So D-jax thinks he's owed money under the terms of the deal he orginally negotiated. Except, he negotitated that deal with former team president Bob Whitsitt, who is no longer there.

So it isn't that D-Jax is looking for a new deal. It looks like he saying someone pulled a "bait and switch" with the contract paper work on him.

Edited by yo mama

Methinks that D-Jax's inability to catch passes gives him little leverage when it comes to contract renegotiations.

908471[/snapback]

Really? I'm not so sure the Seahawks' organization (and Hasselbeck owners) want to enter the season with Pathon and Joe J. as their starting WRs.

Really?  I'm not so sure the Seahawks' organization (and Hasselbeck owners) want to enter the season with Pathon and Joe J. as their starting WRs.

908490[/snapback]

His drops and overall numbers don't justify any more than the six-year, $25 million ($8 million up front) contract that he signed barely a year ago. Unlike TO, D-Jax isn't a stud and isn't on a team that's the favorite to win the NFC again. Last year's horribly uncompetitive NFC notwithstanding, the Hawks aren't a playoff-caliber team. I agree that the lack of depth behind him gives him some leverage, but not nearly enough for a new deal.

BTW, what's with D-Jax not reading the contract that he signed last year? I seriously doubt that his agent wouldn't read it over before letting D-Jax put down his John Hancock. Methinks that he's lying about the "bait and switch."

His drops and overall numbers don't justify any more than the six-year, $25 million ($8 million up front) contract that he signed barely a year ago.  Unlike TO, D-Jax isn't a stud and isn't on a team that's the favorite to win the NFC again.  Last year's horribly uncompetitive NFC notwithstanding, the Hawks aren't a playoff-caliber team.  I agree that the lack of depth behind him gives him some leverage, but not nearly enough for a new deal.

BTW, what's with D-Jax not reading the contract that he signed last year?  I seriously doubt that his agent wouldn't read it over before letting D-Jax put down his John Hancock.  Methinks that he's lying about the "bait and switch."

908792[/snapback]

Well, that's the thing: I don't think he wants a *new* deal, he just wants the deal that (at least according to him) was agreed up on back in March of 2004. There must have been some incentive or bonus money he thought was coming to him, that he didn't get.

Well, that's the thing: I don't think he wants a *new* deal, he just wants the deal that (at least according to him) was agreed up on back in March of 2004.  There must have been some incentive or bonus money he thought was coming to him, that he didn't get.

908888[/snapback]

That's exactly what it is.

Another NFL player that says management made a verbal promise on an incentive that wasn't in the contract they signed. Unfortunately for Jackson, the guy he made the agreement with got shuckscanned in January. Also unfortunate for Jackson is that he chose to air his grievance to the media in a tirade on the opening day of camp who has no idea what he was talking about because he was very short on specifics.

Jackson was THE only story out of Hawks camp on opening day despite an off-season of expectations there would be a ton of crap flying. Alexander made it in on time, Walter Jones didn't do his annual holdout, all the draft picks got inked very quickly......

This will blow over by, oh, say 3pm Thursday, since even Jackson was backing off of his original fumings by yesterday.

That's exactly what it is.

Another NFL player that says management made a verbal promise on an incentive that wasn't in the contract they signed. Unfortunately for Jackson, the guy he made the agreement with got shuckscanned in January.

908922[/snapback]

Jackson's an idiot for trusting them to honor a verbal (i.e., not legally-binding) promise that wasn't in his contract. If they intended to pay him, they would've put it in the contract.

Jackson's an idiot for trusting them to honor a verbal (i.e., not legally-binding) promise that wasn't in his contract.  If they intended to pay him, they would've put it in the contract.

909139[/snapback]

No argument there. And if Seattle won't pay up, perhaps he ought to consider suing his agent. :D I wonder if D-Jax needs the name of a good attorney...

Guest THEbigred
Jackson's an idiot for trusting them to honor a verbal (i.e., not legally-binding) promise that wasn't in his contract.  If they intended to pay him, they would've put it in the contract.

909139[/snapback]

Exactly. lol @ that putz.

Also lol @ Pathon starting for *any* NFL team, btw. If Jackson isnt' there, it'll be JJ and Engram (I believe Engram is the #2 now anyway, or at least should be).

His drops and overall numbers don't justify any more than the six-year, $25 million ($8 million up front) contract that he signed barely a year ago.  Unlike TO, D-Jax isn't a stud and isn't on a team that's the favorite to win the NFC again.  Last year's horribly uncompetitive NFC notwithstanding, the Hawks aren't a playoff-caliber team.  I agree that the lack of depth behind him gives him some leverage, but not nearly enough for a new deal.

BTW, what's with D-Jax not reading the contract that he signed last year?  I seriously doubt that his agent wouldn't read it over before letting D-Jax put down his John Hancock.  Methinks that he's lying about the "bait and switch."

908792[/snapback]

your retarded. 84 catches last season arent good numbers? If he isnt getting paid the amount he was told by all means he should be pissed. And the Hawks are a playoff Caliber Team last year we didnt play as well as we should have. without fire. This year were going to win our division again a playoff game at the least. Dont worry about his contract negotiations and worry about your cowboys. Better this year but still no playoffs for them.

909139[/snapback]

Jackson has never been the brightest player in the NFL. Jackson isn't a stud receiver and he should get a average contract at best. The lack of depth I don't think scares Seattle that much. They won't be going that far with Jackson so it's not that different.

Maybe they can glue his checks to the ball. Catch the ball, get a check. Catch another ball, get another check and so on.

By the end of the season he should at least have 2-300 dollars in the bank.

909835[/snapback]

Nice. Funny thing is, it's the incentives that he complained about being retracted.

your retarded.

909658[/snapback]

You're uneducated.

84 catches last season arent good numbers?

Yeah, 84 catches is impressive, but it doesn't make him an elite WR (especially when one factors into account his poor hands), not does it justify him getting any more than he signed for last March.

If he isnt getting paid the amount he was told by all means he should be pissed. And the Hawks are a playoff Caliber Team last year we didnt play as well as we should have. without fire. This year were going to win our division again a playoff game at the least.

If D-Jax doesn't like his contract, why did he sign it last March? Again, he has no one to blame but himself.

The Hawks only made the playoffs last year because the NFC sucked. And they lost to the freaking Rams, who didn't deserve to be there either. The Hawks are not a SB-caliber team and D-Jax isn't an elite WR. Therefore, he has little leverage in re-negotiating a deal that he signed just over a year ago.

Dont worry about his contract negotiations and worry about your cowboys. Better this year but still no playoffs for them

I'm not a Cowboys fan, you momo.

You're uneducated.

Yeah, 84 catches is impressive, but it doesn't make him an elite WR (especially when one factors into account his poor hands), not does it justify him getting any more than he signed for last March.

If D-Jax doesn't like his contract, why did he sign it last March?  Again, he has no one to blame but himself.

The Hawks only made the playoffs last year because the NFC sucked.  And they lost to the freaking Rams, who didn't deserve to be there either.  The Hawks are not a SB-caliber team and D-Jax isn't an elite WR.  Therefore, he has little leverage in re-negotiating a deal that he signed just over a year ago.

I'm not a Cowboys fan, you momo.

910719[/snapback]

37 still making friends around here, loves his hawks no matter what, even if they have stone hands.

37, what did / do you think of KROB?

The Hawks only made the playoffs last year because the NFC sucked.

910719[/snapback]

They made it to the playoffs in 2003 too because I guess the NFC ducked then too right? The Seahawks are becoming a great team and are improving every year. This year Were expected to win a playoff game. Go read up on who the best teams are expected to be this year. The Seahawks are going to win a playoff game.

What do I think about K-Rob? I think he's is a talented receiver he dropped way too many passes last season and he has a lot of personal problems he needs to deal with before he gets back on the feild. I like the guy I expect him to do very well when he returns. I dont want to get into his drug and alcohol problems because its none of my business. I just hope he gets it all cleaned up.