[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

****TD-Only Official Mock!****

DMD

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a Td only league, there are more RBs available to help you out. There may be some goalline backs that shake out during the season. Since the yardage is meaningless, less chance to miss the boat on one. For my second back, I took a plunger from a power team, Bettis. Forget about Staley injured or not injured. The Duce doesn't score it.

After seeing the stats from last year, I'm not as down on my #1 back, D Davis. He scored 14 while Bettis scored 13, placing both in the top 10.

The best team may not jump out as the best on paper. In fact every time I look back at last year's roster at the start of the next season, it always looks horrible. But the fact is you only need tds. and during the course of the season you trade for players that score and drop those that don't. By the end of the season you have the producers on your team, but they may not look like your protypical starter on a performance roster.

Edited by MikesVikes

The biggest mistake I make every year in a TD only league is grabbing RBs that look like they are falling more than they should. Two RBs in the first rounds, no problem. But when the others are grabbing starters to fill out their lineups, it's way too hard not to grab one of those backs that are falling.

In a Td only league, there are more RBs available to help you out.  There may be some goalline backs that shake out during the season. 

918564[/snapback]

Yes, if Bettis gains 6 yards and 12 touchdowns like last year :D you'll be in good shape. :D

Still available to me was Bettis, Bell, Carnell Williams, Arrington, C Brown, and Dunn.

1. Bell - It's way too possible for Anderson to come in at the goalline and take over. But only if he isn't already in the lineup anyway.

2. Carnell - A little on the small side. With Gruden, you have a great chance to see Pittman come in for the short yards.

3. Arrington - I really don't see any other back taking much from him. Denny doesn't seem to have any use for the other backs on the roster. But just how many goalline attempts will there be. Fitzgerald will get more scores from 2 yards out than most of the backs. More that Boldin for that matter.

4. Dunn - Since I consider other backs farther down the list (none that were in danger of getting drafted) a better chance of scoring TDs, I just passed until later.

Sorry guys, obviously trying to draft on a vacation to Cape Cod was a bad idea. I'm not gonna be able to keep checking the computer so if anyone wants to take my place feel free. The pw is miller.

919394[/snapback]

What are we doing DMD. I think we need a replacement. He's up now

should we give him Todd Heap and Fred Taylor?

919622[/snapback]

I like Heap. TE's are disappearing.

Can somoeone new take over for him? THat would be best IMO.

Edited by Randall